• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I know the Panthers were really struggling, but it just doesn't make any sense at all to me. All it takes is an illegal contact, or defensive holding, or one missed tackle and the game is effectively over. In order to win the game, the Saints were going to have to make a defensive stop one more time. Why wouldn't they want that stop to come with as much time on the clock as possible?

Also, when did Drew Brees become Alex Smith? Dude was Captain Checkdown last night.

-YTC

the panthers did to the saints what the saints did to the giants

DONT LET ANYTHING GET BEHIND YOU

plus the panthers appear to be pretty good at open field tackling so that helps

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Oh man Eli threw a TD. Could have sworn he was gonna throw a pick in the red zone.

728760.jpg

bruin

Well the Chiefs had their yearly inexplicable home loss under Andy Reid today. Will cost them the division.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This Lions season is some kind of performance art, I'm convinced. Also now they are playing a goal horn when they score.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Goff was so-so in his debut. He didn't make any game-changing plays, really......either good, or bad. Considering he was playing a surging defense and it was in the rain, it was an acceptable performance. He actually showed more mobility than I expected too. He air-mailed a few throws, but you've got to figure he had the adrenaline pumping for his first start. The good sign was that he didn't really make any bonehead decisions and/or awful throws.

Now.....the play calling and coaching in general..... :emo:

The defense was stout, as usual, right up until the end of the 4th Q when they surrendered two TDs and gave up the win.

In conclusion: (1) Goff, in 1 start, certainly wasn't a step back from Keenum. So far, so good. And (2), Fisher has GOT to go. He and the offensive staff are hopeless.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
jeff fisher tied Tom Landry for second most losses as a corch

The good news is he also has 77 fewer wins than Landry.....AND.....with just 4 more losses, he'll stand alone as the coach with the MOST losses in history. #goals

Last edited:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I hope the Rams defense gang-rapes the offensive corching staff. Yes they gave up two late scores to lose, but holding opponents to 14 points should be enough to win if your offense is anything more than totally incompetent.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I hope the Rams defense gang-rapes the offensive corching staff. Yes they gave up two late scores to lose, but holding opponents to 14 points should be enough to win if your offense is anything more than totally incompetent.

I agree......on the 2nd part. I can't support rape. :laughing:

The defense did blow it late, and in that situation, should not have surrendered 14 points. But yes, big picture, you hold another team to 14, and you should expect to win.

Perfect example of the shitty coaching --- early on, the O-line was opening holes and Gurley was able to actually do something for the first time this season. Miami's D adjusted and shut that down. LA's coaches never countered, and Gurley was stuck running into 2-3 D-linemen behind the line, like usual.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Fisher is so fucking overrated. Floyd Reese assembled enough talent to win the Titans two Super Bowls and instead all they are known for is a gimmicky trick play to save them from losing to fucking Rob Johnson and then getting stopped at the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl. Once Fisher ran off Reese, the jig was up. I don't know how he continues to fool people into thinking he is good. Didn't they just extend him like 3 months ago lol?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Fisher is so fucking overrated. Floyd Reese assembled enough talent to win the Titans two Super Bowls and instead all they are known for is a gimmicky trick play to save them from losing to fucking Rob Johnson and then getting stopped at the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl. Once Fisher ran off Reese, the jig was up. I don't know how he continues to fool people into thinking he is good. Didn't they just extend him like 3 months ago lol?

I don't know, but I hope not. I know there was a story in September saying an extension for him was imminent, but I haven't seen anything since saying that it got done.

I honestly don't get it. He seems like a perfectly likable guy......which is great.......but doesn't usually keep you employed in the NFL. Although Kroenke puts up with Arsene Wenger's mediocrity in London (@hayvis ) so who knows how much suck runway Fisher has left before he crashes into a wall. Could be years.

**EDIT: The mullet and reflective Oakleys alone should be enough to can him.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Not to mention his Ben Stein impression. He got lucky when he had Steve McNair at QB, and that has apparently been enough to coast on for a 20+ year HC career.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I don't know, but I hope not. I know there was a story in September saying an extension for him was imminent, but I haven't seen anything since saying that it got done.

I honestly don't get it. He seems like a perfectly likable guy......which is great.......but doesn't usually keep you employed in the NFL. Although Kroenke puts up with Arsene Wenger's mediocrity in London (@hayvis ) so who knows how much suck runway Fisher has left before he crashes into a wall. Could be years.

**EDIT: The mullet and reflective Oakleys alone should be enough to can him.

Why make a change when it's not necessary to earn that "we've moved the Rams back to LA" cash?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
i lol'd that Miami went on a west coast road trip and had a total downpour during their game

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I try to be objective when I judge his career because my hate for him is on a personal level, but the best thing you can say about him is that he usually has a good defense.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Can the Rams close the season 3-3 to ensure a 7-9 finish?

No. And I'm pretty sure he promised 11-5 on Hard Knocks.

The coaching -- particularly on offense -- is so bad. I realize Keenum/Goff aren't Brady, and the skill players are exactly HOFers, but they're better than 14.9 points/game. Hell, they've only cracked 20 points TWICE.

I flipped the game on for the end of it yesterday and he had his fucking hat on backwards. WTF was that?

Gotta keep the party end of the mullet dry.

He used to date my wife.

How long ago are we talking, here?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Um, okay? And now she's with a better man. What's the prob? Did he beat her or something?

Never mind - Jeff Fisher is incapable of beating anybody.
Nah man. It's not a jealousy thing. I'm not immature like that. I met him back then while they were dating and he was just a major asshole. It's not like I ever think I about him or plot to kill him or anything, but when I turn on the tv and see his stupid mustache with his hat on backwards, he obviously pops into my head and I remember how horrible he is as a head corch and all the shitty years rooting for the Titans watching him bungle another game to the Ravens and what an asshole he is in general.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Nah man. It's not a jealousy thing. I'm not immature like that. I met him back then while they were dating and he was just a major asshole. It's not like I ever think I about him or plot to kill him or anything, but when I turn on the tv and see his stupid mustache with his hat on backwards, he obviously pops into my head and I remember how horrible he is as a head corch and all the shitty years rooting for the Titans watching him bungle another game to the Ravens and what an asshole he is in general.

Ah interesting. I didn't figure him for a jerk, but then I suppose very few NFL head coaches are the lovable, easy-going type.