• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
"So much talent gone to waste" is such a stupid fucking sports thing. I bet a lot of people would be very sympathetic and "rooting for" the murderer if it was some promising accountant or piano player who dropped a couple people.

Especially when the person chooses to waste it. If he died from complications of some freak injury, then, yeah, "so much talent gone to waste" is a valid argument. Not so much, when you are in jail for murder. You wasted the talent. That's on you not society.

zoltan

Just stop. He had no contrition. I was 22 once as well and it never crossed my mind to think killing someone was a good choice. You act like Hernandez was playing a game of GTA and let it go a little too far.

The sad part are the victims who lives he took and their families.

You also weren't a superstar athlete with a bunch of yes men in your corner. That shit makes you feel invincible, above the law, sociopathic. You ever wonder why so many of these athletes fuck up at a young age with everything around them? It's because most humans (in general) are not able to withstand the responsibility that comes with the ultimate freedom of being able to buy anything and anyone around you. Let alone someone with a troubled past, someone with an incomplete education, someone with clear family issues, drug problems, etc.

I'm not by any means saying that he is not the one to blame for all of this, he is 100% at fault. If certain nights and situations I have been in would have took a different turn, I could easily be in the same place though. That is why I have a certain level of understanding for his situation.

zoltan

"So much talent gone to waste" is such a stupid fucking sports thing. I bet a lot of people would be very sympathetic and "rooting for" the murderer if it was some promising accountant or piano player who dropped a couple people.
It has nothing to do with sports.

Talent is not limited to the playing field. In this case it is.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm not gonna lie. I was rooting for him.

Partially because I hate to see so much talent go to waste, partially because I understand how easy it is to be influenced when you are in a position of power like he was.

And now he's dead and you guys are basically stomping on his grave. Nobody wins in this situation. Is this what it's come to?

This guy was like 22 years old when all the shit popped off. 22. He was basically a teenager. I'm sure you guys did stupid shit at 22, maybe got in some fights etc. Yes he made some bad choices and some extra shit popped off that was very unfortunate, but I think it's unfair of people to drag his name thru the mud. Obviously wasn't a OG, just someone that got caught up in the moment and I'm sure regretted what he did until the day he passed.

People hate too much. It's sad to see.

Yeah, it sucks but the guy was a murderer. I'm 23 and did stupid stuff a year ago and still do, but I've never once thought to take out someone I'm supposedly friends with and shoot them execution style.

NML

You also weren't a superstar athlete with a bunch of yes men in your corner. That shit makes you feel invincible, above the law, sociopathic. You ever wonder why so many of these athletes fuck up at a young age with everything around them? It's because most humans (in general) are not able to withstand the responsibility that comes with the ultimate freedom of being able to buy anything and anyone around you. Let alone someone with a troubled past, someone with an incomplete education, someone with clear family issues, drug problems, etc.

I'm not by any means saying that he is not the one to blame for all of this, he is 100% at fault. If certain nights and situations I have been in would have took a different turn, I could easily be in the same place though. That is why I have a certain level of understanding for his situation.

Get the fuck outta here man.

Either you are comparing urself to Hernandez (lol) and you nearly killed someone a couple times - in which case you need to seek psychiatric help - or you are defending a convicted murderer - in which case ur an idiot.

Either way:

giphy.gif

Lloyd Carr

I don't really care about Hernandez either way.

I'm just disappointed we never got to experience Gronk/Hernandez as a consistent double TE threat. That would have been fun.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't really care about Hernandez either way.

I'm just disappointed we never got to experience Gronk/Hernandez as a consistent double TE threat. That would have been fun.

It almost certainly wouldn't have happened, but an offense of Brady, Gronk, Cooks, Edelman, Hernandez, Hogan, etc. would've put up 40 points a game.

worst2first

I kind of understand what Zoltan is trying to say. We celebrate death too glibly in this country. On the other hand, Hernandez never expressed remorse or offered anything that could possibly elicit any sympathy from me. He chose to murder and he chose to take his own life.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Maybe a piano player, but not an accountant

CJ_24

How many of those games are in October or later? Because I have two words for you: Flex schedule.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
It'd be dumb to underestimate him but i'm not so sure he really translates into the Saints offense, especially if he's lost a step. Goal line back?

bruin

Chiefs could easily go DL tomorrow night as Jaye Howard was released last week.

Poe and Howard gone.

Would love a bookend #2 DB opposite of Peters.

Deshaun Watson is the only QB I'd take if he was there at 27.