• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
BETTER THAN THE 1927 YANKEES

Cub_busters.jpg

Bucksin04

Why are the NL the road team?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_All-Star_Game_venues

From 2008 to 2015, an American League stadium hosted the All-Star Game in even-numbered years and a National League stadium in odd-numbered years. However, starting with the "normal" N.L. hosting rotation in 2015 at the Reds' Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, and continuing in2016 at the Padres' Petco Park in San Diego, an NL venue will host for at least four consecutive years. Accordingly, since the game currently determines home-field advantage in the World Series, the A.L. will nonetheless be designated as the home team in 2016 and possibly 2018.[sup][2][/sup]

As it was explained to me by a friend, apparently because the NL has been building newer stadiums compared to the AL, MLB has awarded the NL more All-Star games to show off the newer parks.

On a different note, there is now officially an outside chance Cleveland hosts Game 1 of the World Series on the same night that the Cavs get their championship rings right across the street.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I would like to speak to the fucktard who decided we needed 2 full days between the ASB And real games and kick him in the taint.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So I guess everyone just forgets Ortiz used PEDs?
Am I alone saying that most people don't care about him? The whole "retirement presents" is lame but with someone like Kobe, Jeter, Rivera it makes sense. Ortiz? People outside of Boston consider him to be a good ant not totally created by PEDs player?

Cubs have been under .500 since their good start. Guess being crowned champs got to their heads.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Am I alone saying that most people don't care about him? The whole "retirement presents" is lame but with someone like Kobe, Jeter, Rivera it makes sense. Ortiz? People outside of Boston consider him to be a good ant not totally created by PEDs player?

Cubs have been under .500 since their good start. Guess being crowned champs got to their heads.

This article is pretty interesting. Ortiz is either by far the greatest late bloomer in baseball history or a juicehead.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

This whole post... Wat

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You're about 2 blocks from a project full of stick up kids. You gon' die.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I saw that rumor today. It'd probably be Miller+Gardner or something. I'd trade all 3 of DMC for Gilolito, guy is a future ace

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea I don't see him or Turner happening. Maybe Robles. I'm pretty sure the Yankees aren't going to sell outside of Chapman though, too prideful

Gooksta

Yea I don't see him or Turner happening. Maybe Robles. I'm pretty sure the Yankees aren't going to sell outside of Chapman though, too prideful
O'dowd said the Cubs should trade Torres, Happ and Almora for Andrew Miller. I was thinking, there is a reason you arent employed right now. Lol

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I feel like it's going to end up being like Happ/Cease+1. Idk how good McKinney is but I guess he'd work too. Almora is definitely nice to dream on, only real 'CF' in the system is Rutherford but he just got drafted and most think he has to move to a corner eventually

Gooksta

I feel like it's going to end up being like Happ/Cease+1. Idk how good McKinney is but I guess he'd work too. Almora is definitely nice to dream on, only real 'CF' in the system is Rutherford but he just got drafted and most think he has to move to a corner eventually
Happ/Cease +1 like a voglebach or McKinney i would do. Thats a no brainer. But Cease did have forearm tightness his last start. Dont think Almora is on the table, with Fowler being a FA next yr. Soler would be a possibility though.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Turner looks like a white supremacist