• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Piazza ain't the one to blame, homie.

If Piazza's godfather is anyone else besides Tommy Lasorda. Piazza is selling cars in Norristown, PA for the rest of his life.

Therefore, Lasorda is to blame. If not Lasorda, then blame UCLA.

CJ_24

If Piazza's godfather is anyone else besides Tommy Lasorda. Piazza is selling cars in Norristown, PA for the rest of his life.

Therefore, Lasorda is to blame. If not Lasorda, then blame UCLA.
Clearly you will not be writing Piazza's hof speech.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I was waiting for the Gooksta post about how this was too much..

Reading box scores from A-Ball > Actually trying to win a WS

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Cubs have it in them after the highway robbery that occurred when they got Russell for rentals. He'll probably sign an extension though

Gooksta

People are saying its Chapman for Torres+. That is alot for a reliever who is a free agent at end of the year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I figure one of Torres or Mateo ends up making it and the other fades into mediocrity; probably Mateo, but Didi+one of them in the infield is solid enough.

Gooksta

I figure one of Torres or Mateo ends up making it and the other fades into mediocrity; probably Mateo, but Didi+one of them in the infield is solid enough.
Torres is losing some luster, getting bigger and might not be able to stay at short. Then add he isnt really a power hitter, he loses a lil value goin to 2nd or 3rd. But he should be solid all around. Move Castro to 3rd??

Gooksta

Heard McKinney is the 2nd guy, thoughts?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
He has struggled some in AA. He is a LF who probably wont hit for power in the bigs. So he has some warts, but think will be a decent hitter. Platoon type maybe.

I think its still way too much to give up for Chapman, but would love him anchoring the bullpen.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea it's pretty crazy. I half expect Miller to fetch Gallo and Brinson or Frazier and Clevinger or Turner and Robles at this rate

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So the Yankess trade 1 top 10 system prospect and filler for Chapman and flip him to the Cubs for 2 Top 10 system prospects, including a guy ranked in the 30s overall?

Wow.

Gooksta

Hearing 4th player is Rashad Crawford. CF who has raised some eyebrows this year. He is hitting for more power. Considered a pretty good defender. Lotto ticket type prospect.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So have we hit the point of the trade where the Cub fans start tearing down the prospects they traded for Chapman? Thats always my favorite part of a big trade.

Gooksta

So have we hit the point of the trade where the Cub fans start tearing down the prospects they traded for Chapman? Thats always my favorite part of a big trade.
I think Torres is gonna be a solid MLB player. I thought that alone was too much for Chapman. Facts are facts though, he probably wont stick at short which hurts him, because he doesnt really hit for power. Above average in every other tool though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yankees are okay with no power up the middle, esp if Rutherford can stick at CF and they have Sanchez at C which are less traditional power spots.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think Torres is gonna be a solid MLB player. I thought that alone was too much for Chapman. Facts are facts though, he probably wont stick at short which hurts him, because he doesnt really hit for power. Above average in every other tool though.
So no extension for Chappy. This would be a hell of a deal if he went back to NY in the off-season. Haha.

S

Sink

I am not unhappy with the return for Chapman. Now I'd like to see what they can get for Miller and Beltran.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I dont really see the reason for trading Miller right now considering hes under contract next year. I could see him pulling a similar package (1 Top 40 prospect, 1 Top 100 prospect, plus).

I dont think Beltran is going to get anything significant tho. Im not sure hes worth a Top 100 guy at this point.

osick87

Community Liaison
I dont really see the reason for trading Miller right now considering hes under contract next year. I could see him pulling a similar package (1 Top 40 prospect, 1 Top 100 prospect, plus).

I dont think Beltran is going to get anything significant tho. Im not sure hes worth a Top 100 guy at this point.

The theory is teams are willing to pay more for more team control.

S

Sink

Yeah, I don't think Beltran will get much, but given the situation I don't see why they wouldn't trade him as long as they get something halfway decent. Not Top 100, but maybe a reclamation project or lottery ticket.

Miller actually has two years left. While I'm sure the Yankees won't do a full rebuild and plan on competing again in the next year or two, it's tempting to think of what they could get in this kind of market. I hope if they're truly overwhelmed with a ridiculous offer that they'll take it.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The theory is teams are willing to pay more for more team control.
No I get the theory. Trust me, I totally get it after the Astros traded two guys with TOR potential (but garbage elbows SUCK IT @goblue96) for 5 years of Giles at a controlled cost.

To me, trading Miller means a significant rebuild in NYY. Maybe they need to, but I dont see them as a team who wants to wait 3 more years to try to put a winner on the field. You cant half-ass these rebuilds.

goblue96

Worse case, the Phils find a place in the field for Vinny. He's got a better average than both Howard and Cody Asche.

Rick Ankiel 2.0! Now, Appel may be a lost cause.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Appel is always going to be a lost cause. I keep putting his ceiling at Jason Marquis... A dude with uber good stuff but never ever puts it even close together. Im starting to think thats more of a shot at Marquis now than Appel tho.

Dude is trash. youre welcome for bryant @Gooksta The IF combo of Bregman-Correa-Altuve-Bryant still gives me the goosebumps. Blew that one damnit.

goblue96

Appel is always going to be a lost cause. I keep putting his ceiling at Jason Marquis... A dude with uber good stuff but never ever puts it even close together. Im starting to think thats more of a shot at Marquis now than Appel tho.

Dude is trash. youre welcome for bryant @Gooksta The IF combo of Bregman-Correa-Altuve-Bryant still gives me the goosebumps. Blew that one damnit.

Dick Ruthven is a good vintage comp for Appel. Both high 1st rounders and both probably going to be garbage in the majors.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ruthvdi01.shtml

Schauwn

We can only imagine.