• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
@kella Wasnt Jim Joyce the one who blew the perfect game call?

He just made the worst call Ive ever seen in my life. Clear foul ball that he called a wild pitch that let 2 runs score, THEN he calls time when a runner is literally running around the bases and forces him to go back to 2nd after replay.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
InsignificantCluelessBillygoat.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Guy in green trying to make a play on the ball is dumb, it's clearly smashface's ball.

I worry that I'll be ready to catch a flyball with my actually played beisbol skillz and some dude like that will lunge from far away, deflecting the ball enough to give me a black eye or spill my drink.

CJ_24

Guy in green trying to make a play on the ball is dumb, it's clearly smashface's ball.

I worry that I'll be ready to catch a flyball with my actually played beisbol skillz and some dude like that will lunge from far away, deflecting the ball enough to give me a black eye or spill my drink.

It's hard to see in those lights. Since I'm an adult (mac and cheese dinner notwithstanding), I don't bring a glove to the stadium. Since I don't bring a glove, I make no attempt to go after a ball and potentially make an ass out of myself. In my view, there's a reason we catch baseballs with baseball gloves.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
R Quinn goes 2-4 with 2 doubles 2RBI 1 BB 1 SB in a 6-1 Phils win over the Pirates last night

J Alfaro makes his first MLB tonight.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Rea more than anything. This fucking team. I need the 1998 team. Greg Vaughan and Quilvio Veras FTW

I really like AJ Preller and hope this doesn't deep six his career as a GM but it's hard to not see that happening. Once he's fired I can't imagine what malakas they're going to hire. At least they aren't the Chargers.

Wolfman21

He's so fun to watch

Dude has had 3/4 of the cycle like 4 times this season. Saw a stat the other day like half of his games played this season hes had multi-hit games. .350 average with .500+ slugging and 25 stolen bases in like 50 games played.

Quite possibly the best Pack Pro in any sport since Philip Rivers, but in a cross-sport comparison(yeah...thats smart) he is outplaying anything Rivers has ever done

Wolfman21

Also the Class-A Rome Braves won the South Atlantic League Championship last night. Max Fried, Kolby Allard, Touki Toussaint and Mike Soroka combined to have a starter ERA of .87 in the series. Thats right....0.87.

The help is coming

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Rea more than anything. This fucking team. I need the 1998 team. Greg Vaughan and Quilvio Veras FTW
The Rea thing was just weird. The Padres has the same thing happen to them though for one of the prospects they traded for.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Also another example of Rizzo being a good GM, but of course you won't spin it that way.

I never said he wasn't a good GM, I said he wasn't a great GM. When Rizzo makes the moves to get out the first round and stops extending injury cases he'll be a great GM.

The Rea thing was just weird. The Padres has the same thing happen to them though for one of the prospects they traded for.

Maybe so but Preller is going to be persona non grata from this point forward with trades, unfortunately. I liked what he was doing in SD (especially the Kimbrel trade) but he's going to be the fall guy for this mess.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
It has more to do with the Pads were withholding medical information for basically their entire organization.