• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

ZackMills

Have mercy
Meh on the letting go of Girardi. They can do worse, but they can do better. I am surprised they let him go though. I figured he would have left to spend more time with his family, realize he hates his family, and manage in a year or so again.

ZackMills

Have mercy
MLB managers have the smallest impact of all the other sports corches, but it is odd to be like, "Nah, I think our 4th OF should have a higher salary than the manager."

Vegas has A-Rod as a 100/1 shot to be the Yankees manager.

7kNeZ4.gif

Wolfman21

As long as you have an average manager, you can win a world series. You can't win a world series with a bad manager. The talent/type of players you have means more.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Gurriel should be suspended for racist/bigoted gesture. I'll be curious to see if he gets a pass since he's Cuban and Darvish is Asian.

Wolfman21

Gurriel should be suspended for racist/bigoted gesture. I'll be curious to see if he gets a pass since he's Cuban and Darvish is Asian.

Big thing in america right now is racism. But the most racist people ive ever met have been foreigners. Specifically south americans and asians

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's pretty common for spanish speakers, everyone slightly asian is called Chino, and I mean slightly. The eye slant thing makes it a bit more racist than the term alone tho

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It's pretty common for spanish speakers, everyone slightly asian is called Chino, and I mean slightly. The eye slant thing makes it a bit more racist than the term alone tho

A long time ago I waited tables at a hibachi/sushi place owned by a Vietnamese guy and staffed by mostly Vietnamese people ( :oklahoma: ) but with Guatemalan dishwashers and bussers and we were called Chino by them.

Of course, the servers with heavy Vietnamese accents pronounced Guatemalan as "watermelon", so...

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Lol. "Suspended" for five meaningless fucking games next season. Fuck you, MLB.

But it was actually,

"Fuck Yu,"

Signed,
MLB.

Hike

güero
So true. My wife is Bolivian and her dad has a Bolivian friend they call Chino because he looks slightly Asian. When I found out his real name and asked my wife why he was called Chino it was as a bit of an eye opener.