• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Starting to get into that book about Indy Leagues reminds me of this awesome series on a team in a new formed Indy League in 2007. Definitely worth a watch:

Wally Backman was the manager of the team and this is one of the GOAT tirades:

Wolfman21

Braves win in Kansas City, 5-0. Mike Foltynewicz has pitched really, really well this season. Really excited about the future prospects of the Braves rotation. Him, Teheran, Wisler, Williams Perez are all under 25 and pitching well in the majors already. Then you have young guys like Aaron Blair, Sean Newcomb, Tyrell Jenkins in AA/AAA who should be pieces of the future and a guy like Kolby Allard in A ball who is a lefty with mid 90's heat and a supposedly dominant curveball as long as his back is healthy. I really don't think this team is as far away from competing as they seem right now. Put Albies and Swanson at SS/2B and you're taking two of the worst players on the field every night off. At that point, we're just missing an everyday 3B and C from being a pretty damn decent team, albeit young.

LF - Inciarte
CF - Mallex Smith
RF - Markakis
1B - Freeman
2B - Swanson/Albies
SS - Swanson/Albies
3B - ??
C - ??

That lineup has good speed and good contact. Its missing some power which you would hope to get out of your 3B and C. With the money they should have to spend, hopefully they could find a FA for those two spots to provide some middle of the lineup type power.

Wolfman21

Not to mention the Braves are the favorites to sign Kevin Maitan out of the IFA pool who is considered the best IFA prospect in a couple years and compared to a young Miguel Cabrera.

Gooksta

Braves win in Kansas City, 5-0. Mike Foltynewicz has pitched really, really well this season. Really excited about the future prospects of the Braves rotation. Him, Teheran, Wisler, Williams Perez are all under 25 and pitching well in the majors already. Then you have young guys like Aaron Blair, Sean Newcomb, Tyrell Jenkins in AA/AAA who should be pieces of the future and a guy like Kolby Allard in A ball who is a lefty with mid 90's heat and a supposedly dominant curveball as long as his back is healthy. I really don't think this team is as far away from competing as they seem right now. Put Albies and Swanson at SS/2B and you're taking two of the worst players on the field every night off. At that point, we're just missing an everyday 3B and C from being a pretty damn decent team, albeit young.

LF - Inciarte
CF - Mallex Smith
RF - Markakis
1B - Freeman
2B - Swanson/Albies
SS - Swanson/Albies
3B - ??
C - ??

That lineup has good speed and good contact. Its missing some power which you would hope to get out of your 3B and C. With the money they should have to spend, hopefully they could find a FA for those two spots to provide some middle of the lineup type power.
Rebuilds are Fun. Jon Hart knows how to do them also.

worst2first

Came here for the Bautista gif. Disappoint

coxS6nn.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I like the way hockey does it. If they wanna tussle, let them tussle. As long as it seems mutually agreed upon (and it seems to be the case here).

worst2first

I don't think Odor should get an excessive suspension. It's clear Bautista wanted to mix it up. 5 to 8 games seems about right to me.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Before someone gets on me about how "barbaric" fighting is, keep in mind we're a week out from the Kentucky Derby, and horse racing is a sport that literally euthanizes its participants if they get an injury.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Bautista is a dummy. He is like the guy at the bar who is acting tough and just wants to get into a pushing match before his bros break it up. Bautista expected a shoving match and went in face first and got clocked. He is lucky Hodor was a little guy or he would have been KO'd on the spot. That was a picture perfect punch on the button. Size > technique @Travis7401 @chibob

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Texas was pretty ridiculous. Throwing at Bautista because of his bat flipping last season and making sure it was in the last game they played that season so Blue Jays couldn't retaliate is bitch maid. Then Bautista goes in hard but situationally and Odor starts and finishes the fight.

Bautista seemed surprised. That escalated quickly for a baseball disagreement and Odor initiated and finished it pretty quickly.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Texas was pretty ridiculous. Throwing at Bautista because of his bat flipping last season and making sure it was in the last game they played that season so Blue Jays couldn't retaliate is pretty bitch maid. Then Bautista goes in hard but situationally and Odor starts and finishes the fight.

Bautista seemed surprised. That escalated quickly for a baseball disagreement and Odor initiated and finished it pretty quickly.
to have Bush (with all his shit) be the one to plunk Bautista in the 6th inning of a 1 run game doesn't make any sense.

But then again this the two bit fucktard org in Arlington so who knows. I hope your fucking stadium collapses @worst2first
(Am I doing it right @Wolfman21)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bautista is a dummy. He is like the guy at the bar who is acting tough and just wants to get into a pushing match before his bros break it up. Bautista expected a shoving match and went in face first and got clocked. He is lucky Hodor was a little guy or he would have been KO'd on the spot. That was a picture perfect punch on the button. Size > technique @Travis7401 @chibob

Bautista got a good chin too, apparently, lol. To me that was the most impressive part to me. I expected him to be on the ground, given how that punch landed, but he just kinda spun around and kept his feet.

worst2first

to have Bush (with all his shit) be the one to plunk Bautista in the 6th inning of a 1 run game doesn't make any sense.

But then again this the two bit fucktard org in Arlington so who knows. I hope your fucking stadium collapses @worst2first
(Am I doing it right @Wolfman21)

That actually wouldn't bother me. If it collapsed we could build a new one in Dallas with a retractable roof so we wouldn't have to sweat our balls off.

I don't understand the decision to hit Bautista either. On the other hand, Bautista is a douche. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch and his arms be too short to scratch.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I know for certain that both of these teams need a Douglass Tagg on their roster. I'd link Douglass Tagg's page, but the WBL website is down. RIP WBL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
On the other hand, Bautista is a douche. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch and his arms be too short to scratch.
Wat.

I love that all the gifs just show the punch landing and not the fact that it barely phased Bautista. He also tried to throw the ball at his face. Beltre holding Bautista back was funny too. People really getting that mad about a bat flip last year after possibly the biggest HR of his career. He burned the Rangers earlier in the game too. Matt Bush being involved was too perfect.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think Odor gets 12 games or so.

He has a history of this, took the law into his own hands on a bad slide right after MLB put rules in place, and Texas had already thrown at Bautista for bat flipping. The punch got crazy media coverage and will be a GIF forever.

Odor also said he didn't regret it. MLB might think they need to punish him pretty hard to get him to stop trying to cold cock people.

I just see them throwing the book at him and for MLB that's like a 12 game slap on the wrist.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
At least it won't be a one game suspension that he can appeal and then drop in between games of a doubleheader like that bitchmaid Harper did. :thumbsup:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Chapman got 30 for holding his wife at gunpoint and Reyes got 50 for actual domestic violence, I'd be surprised if Odor got more than 10.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

chibob

Bautista got a good chin too, apparently, lol. To me that was the most impressive part to me. I expected him to be on the ground, given how that punch landed, but he just kinda spun around and kept his feet.

He kinda looked like he was going to go down then remembered he was on tv and didnt want to look a little bitch. He maintained his consciousness so not to look a bitch.

Wolfman21

This has been known since the season started basically. Fredi is not a good manager. He should go take a couple months off and come back as a bench coach or one of those special consultant type deals for a team. Hopefully the braves will find someone that can handle the young talent coming up well