• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2024: The Offseason Thread

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
What I want to happen: SEC BIG break off
What will happen: SEC BIG wont change anything and will just control college football so they can create rules so that no other conference can ever do anything that the SEC/BIG can do
It's like the Super League proposed by the Nigerian billionaire in Ted Lasso.... so fucking dumb.

bruin

UCLA got a big commitment from Orange County LB Weston Port today for 2025. Offers from Ohio State, Tennessee, USC among others.

Good start the 2025 class after the 2024 class was ranked the worst in programs history.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I have no idea what B1G teams are worth traveling to but I think it'd be cool to eventually check out some away games frfr

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
worse than Lincoln? that shit was dire
Tbh I forgot about Nebraska. Lincoln and Eugene may be worse.

But West Lafayette is at very best maybe 14th out of 18 lol. It's not even a Pedo State situation where at least the stadium/gameday atmosphere would be cool.

Big Ten cities I've been to that are cool:
Seattle
LA
Chicago
Minneapolis
Madison

Big Ten cities I've been to that are ok:
Iowa City
Bloomington
Urbana-Champaign
Columbus

Big Ten cities I've been to that absolutely suck:
Lincoln
Eugene
West Lafayette

Big Ten cities I've never been to:
Ann Arbor
Lansing
State College
Piscataway
College Park

Last edited:

Skeeter

Uber felon
Oh the city is awful. I thought we were just talking campus and stadium. Ross aide is a nice stadium and the campus is really nice. But yeah, literally nothing else to do

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Oh the city is awful. I thought we were just talking campus and stadium. Ross aide is a nice stadium and the campus is really nice. But yeah, literally nothing else to do
I mean I'm assuming if he's traveling from Oregon he wants to do more than just attend the game and leave :laughing: :laughing:

Skeeter

Uber felon
I mean I'm assuming if he's traveling from Oregon he wants to do more than just attend the game and leave :laughing: :laughing:
Your point is valid. Most major universities have shitty surrounding college towns doe. PSU is awful. ND awful, etc.

Ohio State, NW, Rutgers, LA schools, MD, that's about it for reel cities.

I liked going to see the campus. But that's just me.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
College Park is basically in one of the shittiest, most congested areas of the DMV and probably Maryland writ large.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That’s a weird collection of cities. Miami and the LA schools are in different class from the others. I can see Maryland but College Park is a dump and the state of Maryland should be destroyed so I’m Kella on this one

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Lincoln is fine for a college football city/university. Minneapolis is cool but I’m. It making a special trip to take in a golden gophers football game. Likewise with LA, I’m gonna find better shit to do that isn’t football.Chicago? Come on, Northwestern gameday is pathetic.

These lists seem more like which city is the best and not which city has the best football atmosphere to take in

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Since when is Piscataway a reel city? Just because you fly in and out of New York doesn’t mean you’re in NYC.

If you are looking for best game day experiences as a traveling fan, it’s probably Nebraska or Iowa. Maybe Wisconsin, but they’re as friendly as those 2. Michigan, OSU, Penn State are all fun, too. Indiana and Northwestern are basically home games, but I’d put Indiana a notch above Northwestern because Bloomington is better than Evanston. Minnesota isn’t a great game day experience, but Minneapolis is fun. Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, MSU, and Purdue all suck.

bruin

I just can't believe that will happen. Washed chip hasn't been an OC in over a decade. Power run from the spread is so 2010

He’s a solid play caller, just the whole other part of leading a program, recruiting, dealing with NIL has been his downfall.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Bieniemy would be an interesting hire.

Vrabel loves coachin hates crootin so you probably don't want him. he will also be back on an NFL team in 11 months.

Skeeter

Uber felon
@Reel question assuming we're at the bar here.

Is chip taking the OC jerb at tOSU a step down or a lateral move?

I immediately thought step down, but the issues UCLA is running into makes me second guess.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Damn. Kelly is a good hire and good fit for what OSU's personnel will be next year. I was looking forward to Day making Will Howard throw it 40 times a game. But if they're going to be running it 50 times a game with Howard and their backs, it's going to be a really good offense.

Oh well, trophy go brrrrr

Mame YO

slings rocks
I also think it’s a good move for tOSU. If the OL can perform better than last year they will put up some points frfr