• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
I don't care about winning or losing much either but it's going to be a carousel so it'll be more immersion if I do it 7 day lineups

osick87

Community Liaison
I think the AI for this team only drafted Catchers and LFs. Wading through this club's minors is something I would only wish on Pol Pot or a dictator of his ilk.

I am burning a lot of young men's dreams to the ground today

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Encouraging spring for the Hammers. Definitely ready of the season to start.

osick87

Community Liaison
So are we simming the first week or just going to the first day tomorrow?

In other words, should I do my 7 day lineup?

jdlikewhoa

Na's career is probably done. Greeeeat. Had I realized I had Villarreal in the International Complex I'd have taken Yankee up on that 1st pick swap and would've had Campbell. Time to tank again.

Last edited:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Smh jd. And thanks Lando for the assist. Will hook the computer up today and get ready for Opening Day.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I got Jim Unknown'd again, but I have the league up and running again and am good to take back over. We have something like 2 days until the draft, am excited to get my rooks more time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also @doh, sorry I run a 12 man. I thought I only had one set up man, but I run two.

Another thing is the season predictions are about to change dramatically when you aren't playing guys out of position and you get your rotations set for the season, so those first ones aren't a good indication.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I got Jim Unknown'd again, but I have the league up and running again and am good to take back over. We have something like 2 days until the draft, am excited to get my rooks more time.
I wish I knew why that happened. Did you use the new backup?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I did but then i had the game up and it saved the jims into that backup, so i just did it the old fashioned way and grabbed your logo files.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Got younger last year (one year after being a game from Shampship).

Only player I was going to "auction" was the best player in the game, Hocine Mercier, because Vo Lim had come to unseat him... but then I logged in and saw that there was a DH slot.

miguel-herrera-celebration-dos.gif

jdlikewhoa

Sorry guys. Been reel e busy with work so I won't make it home to get rosters set. Pretty sure I'm not at 25.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm going to do North League Power Rankings every few sims or I'll just do this one then quit when I bust my load… #immserion

1. Amsterdam Tulips (-)

Last year made a mockery of the league winning the WS, leading the NL in RS and RA and winning 115 games in the regular season. OU's .710 Win % would be 7th all-time in MLB history (just behind the '27 Yankees).

Off-Season they actually traded away a lot of good players while bringing in future stars/cheaper players and a ton of draft picks. The crazy thing is only DLS had a WAR above 3 of the guys OU traded away and he (again) beat the system by signing Bob Nichols to a no risk one-year $4m contract. Karpenkov from my team too will make his bullpen even better.

Crazy to think about… if OU loses 20 games on his team last year he probably still goes to the playoffs.

2. Las Vegas Pac Men (-)

Call me a homer but the Pac Men won 101 games (and still finished 14 games behind Amsterdam). The Pac Men added some bite to the lineup but figure to have some regression on a staff that was 2nd in the WBL in RA. Off-Season by far the most active in the NL in terms of FA signings with five all of which figure to be major players on the team.

3. Helsinborg Hammers (-)

Right on the back of the Pac Men come the fightin' @Orlando's. If they were in the SL LY they go to the playoffs with 88 wins. The name of the game this year for the Hammers is to be more healthy. Bernal is a budding superstar and Cottrrell would be hitting 3rd on most teams. This team could challenge for best in the league in RS with Silky at the top. Former 13th Rounder Turner hitting 8th too should scare the rest of the NL.

4. Berlin Bomber Bears (-)

Won 94 games last season but made a CPU team that has no space so they couldn't make any moves this year. Lost two real good players in Bossesen and Geeves. They play in a bandbox and lawd their lineup isn't going to lead the league in BA but they got dat power. Have a real nice rotation that should be top 4-5 but the bullpen looks like a dumpster fire.

Looks to be a bit stuck with the CPU paying a lot and arb killing them but should be dangerous.

As of now I think there is a bit of a riff between the top 4 which I see as close and the rest..

5. Moscow Mules (-)

Another CPU team that did nothing… also won 94 last year. Actually was even on WAR for the off-season. Their lineup is still really good but not as good as last year. Their rotation is solid but their bullpen is horrific.

6. Dublin Distillers (-)

Having a life hasn't been good for @Mr.Radpants who won 79 games last season and didn't add anything to his team. Top of the rotation still good as anyone but he finished non-Tankee last in RS and didn't add anything. Come back Rad. We love you.

7. Seoul Glow (-)

It wasn't an active off-season for Seoul who traded away monster 1B Ryan Connor. They are probably a couple pieces away form winning.

8. Istanbul Ottomans (-)

When will Tankee ever try to compete? Gained 5.3 WAR by signing no one/letting terrible players go from a 44 win team (which is a negative WAR team btw). Should be easily the worst team of the bunch.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yes I will try every month or so that goes by in the game… I think it's kinda a top 4 then a 3 then a 1 in the NL.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
took longer than expected because I had to figure out a way to get jd and gook's teams down to 25 without DFA'ing anybody. About to actually start the advance now, sorry doh haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Dammit osick. What are you doing with your life? 7 guys on your single A squad?

It is just one thing after another with this sim.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It is kind of annoying to fill a roster and have 15 new players on 2 weeks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This is going to take a while, I have to go into FA and find shitty pitchers to fill out osick's roster. He has 5 starters and a closer after I brought up all his 18/19 year old international guys.

Lloyd Carr

I'm way too lazy to make a thread about Buffalo or to do the power-rankings for the South like @doh is doing for the North, but one of the South owners should follow doh's footsteps.

Lloyd Carr

Dammit osick. What are you doing with your life? 7 guys on your single A squad?

It is just one thing after another with this sim.

He said something about moving players down from his AAA and AA squads to his A squad. Not sure which guys though.

Wolfman21

oh well, its just A players on minor league contracts. He can just waive them if he wants to move guys or whatever. Not like it really matters. Just wastes some of OU's time

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He said something about moving players down from his AAA and AA squads to his A squad. Not sure which guys though.

Well he couldn't have since he has under 25 on each of those as well. he needs to sign some minor leaguers