• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Cream starting to rise to the top in the North… Tankee 0-5 (-21) vs. LV/Amsterdam this week.

Wolfman21

3-3 week...more what i'm expecting. Still not hitting. Still pitching very well. Long season. I feel like the Padres.

@jdlikewhoa congrats on that Pancho Ninor pickup. Hes almost reached his career season high for homeruns already

Wolfman21

So this last sim was my first time doing 7 day lineups. Just noticed that two of my starters started two games within 3 days. Oops. Can't have that happening again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You guys in the North need to get your shit together. I want Amsterdam dead.

Amsterdam won't ever die son. After starting out in 7th place I looked at my players and asked them "Are you strong?", and they looked back at me and said "I'm strong if you strong" and I said "We strong then" and off they went.

Wolfman21

The good news is that almost all of my batters raised their Batting Average over the past week.

The bad news is that 4 of my 5 Starting Pitchers have ERA's under 3 and i'm 3 games under .500

Lloyd Carr

I'm actually more excited about next year than I am about this year. I'm excited to see how this year plays out, as the team is already playing much better than they did last year, but next year and beyond are what I am really looking forward to.

Last year was a stop-gap year to let me figure out what I was going to do with the team. I did what I could with the leftover pieces the computer gave me, and I'm happy with the way the year turned out, but I didn't feel like that team was really "my" team. I felt like I was just playing with the pieces someone else gave me. However I did end up around where I wanted to be given the situation I took over, and I got by without having to completely JD/Yankee the situation, so I'm happy in that aspect.

This year I feel will be the transition year to where I actually want to be, though. I'm not quite where I want to be, but the pieces are there for me to build on. Hopefully some of the moves I made in the off-season pan out the way I hope they do. I already have my roster in mind for next year, so if everything goes well, I think Buffalo will start really competing in the South.

Wolfman21

Also, LOL at my 12th and 13th round picks wanting $2+ Million signing bonuses. Eat my ass draft picks, eat my ass.

Lloyd Carr

Also, LOL at my 12th and 13th round picks wanting $2+ Million signing bonuses. Eat my ass draft picks, eat my ass.

:laughing:

My only draft pick who wanted a signing bonus was my 2nd rounder and he was looking at ~$1.5mil. Everyone else was automatically signed to my minor league team (and I even released two or three of them already, ha).

Wolfman21

whats funny @Lloyd Carr is that my first and 2nd rounder combined only expect $4 Million. The other guys only expected somewhere between $200k to $700k which is easy. I don't understand why the last two guys I picked pretty much want that much money. Makes no sense.

Gooksta

whats funny @Lloyd Carr is that my first and 2nd rounder combined only expect $4 Million. The other guys only expected somewhere between $200k to $700k which is easy. I don't understand why the last two guys I picked pretty much want that much money. Makes no sense.
High school kid?

Wolfman21

@Gooksta yeah, i think they both were. Which somewhat explains it. But still...2 million for a pick that late in the draft? I guess they're the ones with the leverage...but i'll be damned if i'm gonna spend that much money on a 12th and 13th round pick.

Wolfman21

Thats why i realllllly liked Chekomasov at #5. Getting a legit Top 5 talent whos signing demand was lower than pretty much any of the other Top 8-10 Prospects.

BTW, how do you guys handle your A club when you add in the draft picks? I've got so many guys on my Single A squad that when I add all of the rest of my draft picks, I'm gonna have a SHIT ton of guys. Do you guys cut the low hanging fruit?

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Thats why i realllllly liked Chekomasov at #5. Getting a legit Top 5 talent whos signing demand was lower than pretty much any of the other Top 8-10 Prospects.

BTW, how do you guys handle your A club when you add in the draft picks? I've got so many guys on my Single A squad that when I add all of the rest of my draft picks, I'm gonna have a SHIT ton of guys. Do you guys cut the low hanging fruit?

Cut them down to 35-40. Having that many players does you no good since they won't get time on the field anyway. I make sure my good guys never come out of the game unless tired too.

Wolfman21

yeah...with the non signing bonus guys added, i've got 44 guys in A ball. When the signing bonus guys sign i'll prolly have close to 50. Definitely need to do some cuts.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm fine with Weber wanting that much because I think he was one of the highest potential players in the draft and fell to me. He is a very easy sign, so I might try to get him for a little less so I can sign a couple others. My budget is just too tight right now to go over.

Good of news is that I've jumped from potentially breaking even to potentially making $15m+ in profit. This is largely due to attendance which I hope stays up 50%

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We were at an all time low last year, so it's got to go up. Not sure if we can maintain the 50% increase or not. That would put us at 2.8m which would be near an all time high.

North should be fun this year. Hopefully @Mr. Radpants team sticks around.

doh

I've basically averaged a sell out through my first six games.

100 Fan Interest bitches #ThankYouDLS

Lloyd Carr

I offered two big contracts, and another decent sized one.

73mil over 5 years (C- Bly, 30yrs)
75mil over 6 years (SP- Borrett, 29yrs)
18 mil over 3 years (CL- Niklasson, 29yrs)
*I have team options on Bly/Borrett that could save me a year or two's worth of salary if they decline in production*

I'm torn on them. I have backups at all three positions that could perform similarly (hopefully) at a much cheaper price, but all three of these players will be big assets for me if they keep producing like they have been.

I will give Bly another year or two as starting catcher, but then I'm making him the DH/backup catcher to bring up my top C prospect from AAA.

If Borrett continues to produce, he'll likely stay as my #2 in the rotation. I could have gotten him for cheaper, but I fucked up the off-season and didn't submit a contract extension that had him at like 8-9mil a year, and the computer offered him a one year deal at 11.5mil a year instead. Had I not fucked that, I'd have a multi-year exension a lot cheaper than I got him for right now.

And I have a good backup in McVay, who is still on the minimum contract deal, but Niklasson is one of the best closers in the game. I don't have too many big contracts (only one player making double digits; my ace SP), and I have plenty of money for extensions/FA, so hopefully I won't feel it in the bankroll too much. I just hope they produce.

doh

0-6 week… Czar Lugin has signed and time to make some changes. Going to quit the 11-man staff experiment, send down bin Hamal, demote Oort.

Brutal.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've had to make some lineup changes myself. Seguin and Vis just aren't hitting, slotting them down a few places in the order. When the time comes for Ruiz to come back down to earth I am hoping they wake up. Pitching is a mess right now, can't tell if it is because I forgot to put everyone back into their correct position after ST or if they are just blowing. Well I know Karpet is just young and taking his lumps, but Nico and Bob shouldn't be as bad as they are. Hoping that Seguin's 35 at SS and Alonso's 30 at 3B were the root cause :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean the update :laughing:

does it take you a long time? I normally upload the file and reports at the same time using the automator and it's pretty quick.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean the update :laughing:

does it take you a long time? I normally upload the file and reports at the same time using the automator and it's pretty quick.

I know, it takes a minute or two but you know I had to check my players out first. Then I found them all pear shaped and had to fix them, it's up now

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gotcha. I should be more selfish I guess. :laughing:

Damn. Good week for us. Sorry @doh Farren is a man.

I'm sure the Tulips will sweep is this week. This division will be a dogfight.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also fair warning, will be at the lake starting tomorrow night. I got on and the wifi worked fine (just didn't do it until Sunday last time) so apparently papa jim got it fixed. Most likely going to be running mroing sims because I hate having to reload the league every time Jim Unknown sims.

If you'll really need them at night Jim Unknown can sim, I think I only get the borck'd file when I don't download each sim and wait a few days.

doh

The Oort signing was a complete disaster. I thought I coudl find another Lugin but I couldn't.

Lugin back as DH. This will be played before his first AB in Vegas to a standing ovation:

Wolfman21

The Oort signing was a complete disaster. I thought I coudl find another Lugin but I couldn't.

Lugin back as DH. This will be played before his first AB in Vegas to a standing ovation:

Glad I didn't pick up his option now...although its not like any of my players are really tearing it up.

2-3 week with a blown save thrown in. Coulda been better. I can't even count how many one run games i've lost already. Demoralizing. 10-14

Wolfman21

whats sad is that my AAA squad is raking, lol. My 9 in my lineup are all hitting over .264 and 7 of them are hitting over .300.

doh

whats sad is that my AAA squad is raking, lol. My 9 in my lineup are all hitting over .264 and 7 of them are hitting over .300.
Hate to burst your bubble but your AAA team is last in the league in runs :laughing:

For whatever reason in this league AAA is basically a joke pitching/defense wise. Maybe it's the ballparks… I haven't really looked that hard at all the parks. But for instance my bullpen has a 5.88 ERA and it's the third best in the league. I've score 221 runs in 26 games and I'm 2nd in runs. In AA I'm 3rd and I've scored 116 runs in 21 games.

AAA hitting stats (kinda like PCL stats in real baseball) are very inflated. For whatever reason guys don't hit that well in AA.

Wolfman21

didn't say they were scoring runs, just said they were all hitting over .300, lol

Also, comparing my roster/minor league batters to a couple other teams around the league....its really no wonder that my guys are having trouble hitting. The computer really did this organization a disservice that is going to take me multiple years to dig out of.

Wolfman21

oh no doubt. I can't wait. Its just amazing that i've added more high potential prospects to the organization since i've joined than i had in the entire organization when i took it over. Computer really dicked it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
When you finally get your prospects in the WBL

nzTWhT0.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Idk, I don't think I'll get jimmed if I download it in the morning. We can test it if you want tonight, but know that if I get jimmed I'm quitting like a petulant child until after the weekend so you'll be stuck with it.

jdlikewhoa

Hate to burst your bubble but your AAA team is last in the league in runs :laughing:

For whatever reason in this league AAA is basically a joke pitching/defense wise. Maybe it's the ballparks… I haven't really looked that hard at all the parks. But for instance my bullpen has a 5.88 ERA and it's the third best in the league. I've score 221 runs in 26 games and I'm 2nd in runs. In AA I'm 3rd and I've scored 116 runs in 21 games.

AAA hitting stats (kinda like PCL stats in real baseball) are very inflated. For whatever reason guys don't hit that well in AA.

Aside from being terrible, I was wondering why my AAA pitchers have been getting shelled. Hadn't had the chance to look at other teams.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Aside from being terrible, I was wondering why my AAA pitchers have been getting shelled. Hadn't had the chance to look at other teams.

Torres and Okada are getting manhandled after doing well in AA/A so I was kind of wondering myself.

doh

I just flipped through the parks and they look like mostly extreme hitters parks is probably one reason. Another is there are lots of AAAA type guys (at least on my team) who can hit but can't field. I think a lot of people (myself included) have guys out of position to try and learn a new one to become useful. There are also lots of old/bad filler pitchers on AAA teams.

I've had pitchers have better ERAs in the WBL than AAA a lot actually. Park Factor+ bad defense can matter a lot.