• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 HUNGER GAMES

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is a completely optional gimmick for anyone who is interested in seeing a little more movement of young players around the WBL. Why let that promising 24 year old 1B wilt in AAA because you've got 5 players better than him? It can even be hard to trade these extras, because everyone is so paranoid about getting fleeced or ridiculed by others, so this will offer an alternative.

Think of the HUNGER GAMES like a complete voluntary swap meet combined with a Rule 5 draft. I can't stress enough that this is completely voluntary and I will organize and run it all, so it will cause zero maintenance headaches for the commissioners. Thus, if you don't like it, just don't participate.
RULES
1. If you wish to participate in the hunger games, PM me the name of 1 player you'd be willing to give up.

2. To facilitate ease of transfer, the only players who are eligible are players on minor league contracts, league minimum, or contracts of less than $1m/year. (no salary dumps here!)

3. I will collect the player pool between now and the end of the season, so remember to consider your arb/upcoming free agent situation before donating a player.

4. During free agency, I will post the player pool and allow 1 day for trade offers to be made to the owners (this is the swap meet portion). If you complete a trade but still want to compete in the Hunger Games, submit another player to me before the end of the day.

5. Any players not traded during the swap meet day will enter the HUNGER GAMES DRAFT, which will be in LAST SHALL BE FIRST format (ie Dublin picks first, WBL series winner picks last).

So what is the point of participating in the Hunger Games? If you participate, you'll have swapped a player you don't need for a player you get to pick from the hunger games pool and you'll also get a participation prize. Finally you'll have a chance to earn the GRAND PRIZE!

PARTICIPATION PRIZE: All participants will be given my OSA draft tool next season. Several people found it very helpful this season and I plan on improving it even more.

GRAND PRIZE*: At the start of next year's draft, I will evaluate all of the HUNGER GAMES draftees and select the MVP. The person who donated the MVP will receive my 1st round pick as a reward for participating.

*I'm offering my 1st round pick this year as a trial for the HUNGER GAMES draft. If the concept sucks, nobody but me loses anything or is inconvenienced in any way. If the HUNGER GAMES draft turns out to be a success and everyone wants to see it in the future, I recommend a 1st round comp pick (I know these are controversial right now) to the person who donated the MVP.

**When the draft is finished I will document all the necessary "trades" to facilitate the draft and post it in the finalized trade thread in a single post so it isn't a headache.

2015 HUNGER GAMES TRIBUTES!!!

AMD Tribute:
Graham ‘Vader’ D’Aeth, SP, AA

BER Tribute:
Joe Kenney, SS, AAA

BUF Tribute:
Victor ‘Pinto’ Castillo, SP, AAA

SEO Tribute:
John Scott, RF, AAA

DUB Tribute:
Raul Herrara, LF, AAA

LV Tribute:
An Yi Chong, 3B (Utility IF/OF), AAA

FB Tribute:
Darren Wyatt, SS, AAA

LIS Tribute:
Ganya Mkervali, SP, AAA

BA Tribute:
Gah-fat Sang, 1B, WBL

LRM Tribute:
Mike Ducklow, 1B, WBL

NDR Tribute:
Dave Kramer, DH, WBL

HEL Tribute:
Aidan ‘Rattler’ Stawell, SP, AAA

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SHHHHH OSICK PM them to me, ha ha. THE GREAT UNVEILING is part of the game. Or it isn't. I'm not sure yet.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So I just earned two 1-1s? NASA.gif

In but I'm out of town for the weekend. What's the timeline

Worth it for that xls alone

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Travis shouldn't have to sacrifice his first. Why not just set it up as an extra pick, last in the first or first pick before the playoff teams or something?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Can we submit more than one player? Or are we limited to one?

Lets start with one so that every person who submits a player gets a player. If you want to submit more to the swap meet trade pool, just designate the TRIBUTE and you can mention the others that are available.

SWAP MEET will occur on the HOF voting sim so that there is more excitement that day.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Since Utopia was down last night, I'll accept tributes until 10AM Eastern this mroing and try to get them posted up early afternoon. HOF voting day (friday) will be the swap meet day and then we'll start the draft on Saturday.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Well I was planning on pulling together all the tributes last night into one spot so I could post it this morning. Utopia was down so I couldn't do that, so I'm delayed a bit myself. I have to do some hard work work this mroing and then should be able to get to it about lunch. Thus allowing time for people to get their tributes in.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
:laughing: 2pm eastern time I mean!

ekJ48.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2pm Eastern was ur time limit, I get longer. Swap meet extend through tomorrow either way, you'll have plenty of time :)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2015 HUNGER GAMES TRIBUTES
(OP also updated to include this list, please let me know if I'm missing anyone)

AMD Tribute:
Graham ‘Vader’ D’Aeth, SP, AA DRAFTED BY DUB #1

BER Tribute:
Joe Kenney, SS, AAA MURDERED IN THE NAME OF BUF at #8

BUF Tribute:
Victor ‘Pinto’ Castillo, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY LIS #3

SEO Tribute:
John Scott, RF, AAA MURDERED IN THE NAMVE OF LV AT #11

DUB Tribute:
Raul Herrara, LF, AAA AMD's CHOICE LIVE OR DIE AT #12

LV Tribute:
Piet Van Der Riejd, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY BA #5

FB Tribute:
Darren Wyatt, SS, AAA Drafted BY BER #9

LIS Tribute:
Ganya Mkervali, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY FB #6

BA Tribute:
Gah-fat Sang, 1B, WBL DRAFTED BY SEO #4

LRM Tribute:
Mike Ducklow, 1B, WBL DRAFTED BY NDR #7

NDR Tribute:
Dave Kramer, DH, WBL DRAFTED BY HEL #10

HEL Tribute:
Aidan ‘Rattler’ Stawell, SP, AAA DRAFTED BY LRM #2

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you are interested in any of those players and want to put in a trade offer to the owner before the draft starts, you have until the end of the HOF voting sim to do so! We'll start the draft on Saturday!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm actually surprised that most are at least replacement level. The GMs that I thought would be generous were, and the ones I thought would put in doo doo to try and get a better player did.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You're welcome Radford.

I liked what you, Llloyd, and Orlando brought to the table, nice work. Also kudos to LRM and BA for bringing guys with promise too. Lots of other teams posting up some REAL shitheads though. :laughing: I think that will doom this idea long term. Nobody wants ur Douglass Taggs here.

I think LRM has the best chance for a win/win where they pick up a good player and have a good shot at winning the 1st round pick if Ducklow plays well for someone.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Happy with this. No matter who Rad picks, I get a solid pitcher which is what osick and I talked about improving. And hopefully Ducklow plays well for someone.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If the teams at the end of the draft don't want some of these shitheads, you don't have to take them. They will just stay with their original team if they don't get drafted (or we can kill them!) and we can shame the person who offered some Loathsome Creature as a tribute.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Joe "More Loathsome Than Douglass Tagg" Kenney is my favorite, I think. Just a terrible bat for the WBL, worse than Tagg's even, and he isn't even as good at defense. Plus he doesn't have Tagg's WBL proven track record.