• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There's no guarantee RPs will be great like a position player almost always is (then again look at Rodriguez on my teams last 5 years of WAR-- all over 6 except 2063 a dud 3.1 followed by a 8.1 this last season).

Players in the game have dud years. RPs especially. But even in his worst season he still had a top 20 FIP amongst RP last year.

The other deal is the most RPs you have like Katulsky the more chances you have that you'll get a great year out of your bullpen. You have a great chance of a sub 3 FIP RP which IMO are valuable. He has a career 2.73 ERA/2.67 FIP both of which are probably top 3-4 amongst active RP too. There aren't excactly a ton of guys like him in the game.
The problem is you are trying to sell after the dud season and one of the worst postseasons we have ever witnessed live. You should be LOLing at urself.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Just looked through 3B Nicky 'Pinky' Ansley career after seeing his contract extension...what a career that guy has had. Especially that '57 season. Who beat him out for SL MVP?

Best thing about Pinky is he's going to end up with less World Serious rings than noted @Travis7401 hatee Charles "Last Chance for a Slow Dance" Bjorno, another overpaid bum that's not even a corner SS. Kind of surprised noted anti-HOAG non-extension guy Travis is now giving extensions that not even I or Dave Dombrowski would give and my PTP @doh is letting guys walk instead of giving them peanuts in ARB. What a time to be alive.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The problem is you are trying to sell after the dud season and one of the worst postseasons we have ever witnessed live. You should be LOLing at urself.
Yep those are problems but the idea that he's just some average RP is LOL 'Welcome to the WBL' worthy.

He won 2062 RP of the Year and in 2063 had a better FIP. RPs have blip bad years all the time.

I'd agree with the "over 30" argument if he was positions where guys just fall off a cliff at 30 (SS, CF, some SP) and have to either be moved or will just suck. But RPs in the league stay good through 34-36.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pinky's deal was about 2 years longer than I wanted, but he started asking for like 8 years, so I was pleased to eventually talk him down to 4 with a PO in the 5th. The $ amount fits my extension rule for a 4 WAR position player (He averaged 5.5 WAR the last 9 years, but his fielding is declining so lets project him as 4 WAR going forward).

3 WAR Player = 12M
4 WAR Player = 20M
5 WAR Player = 30M

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mostly I like the juxtaposition of Tony talking shit when he offered more money/years to Dijorno Bjorno :laughing:

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! You got a declining 3-4 WAR PLUG (better when he could play LF) who is now a DH making 27M for the rest of the decade, A 3-4 WAR deep dish pizza who isn't as good as pinky signed to a deal for more money and 2 more years, and a 3-4 WAR GADD who is not even a 1B gonna be making 26M a year.

TonyGin&Juice

Mostly I like the juxtaposition of Tony talking shit when he offered more money/years to Dijorno Bjorno :laughing:

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! You got a declining 3-4 WAR PLUG (better when he could play LF) who is now a DH making 27M for the rest of the decade, A 3-4 WAR deep dish pizza who isn't as good as pinky signed to a deal for more money and 2 more years, and a 3-4 WAR GADD who is not even a 1B gonna be making 26M a year.

Two WS wins in less than 10 years, learn to count, you ain't even put out one hot album in that time. Ur so....

LAME...

osick87

Community Liaison
@Orlando was supposed to do it and I'm at work now.

We had a GM request some more time. Judging from the beginning of the message, he was coming off a some coma.

TonyGin&Juice

@Orlando was supposed to do it and I'm at work now.

We had a GM request some more time. Judging from the beginning of the message, he was coming off a some coma.

giphy.gif

NML

False Bay ain't scared of some backloaded contracts

Glad to get Claas. If my bats weren't so bad, I'd have a real struggle on my hands knowing which of my five starters to sit in the playoffs. Good thing I don't have to worry about that!

doh

Budgets (player devo/scouting) freeze at the start of ST right?

Also anyone with some cash want to buy some mid range prospects?

Wooly

Yeah, I believe last sim of IFA is also last sim you can change Scouting and Development budgets, and I think it's the sim that takes you into ST. Can an O confirm?

doh

Also-- intrigued as hell by this @OU11 experiment. Let's see how it goes. I used to be on that train but have different thoughts.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also-- intrigued as hell by this @OU11 experiment. Let's see how it goes. I used to be on that train but have different thoughts.
idk which part you're talking about but I threw out my strategy to see if all the tears everyone was crying about single A had any basis. my original strategy wouldve been dope.

I need to get on and put Wolf in the WBL

doh

idk which part you're talking about but I threw out my strategy to see if all the tears everyone was crying about single A had any basis. my original strategy wouldve been dope.

I need to get on and put Wolf in the WBL
The leadership at WBL level experiment is the one I was tom bout... I have some theories on it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It doesn't matter at all, you have to win
Too many variables, but yeah winning makes everyone not care.

If your team is borderline, a shitty person or a captain can make a difference one way or the other.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Too many variables, but yeah winning makes everyone not care.

If your team is borderline, a shitty person or a captain can make a difference one way or the other.

Yeah, mostly about winning and then don't have a lot of shit heads

Wolfman21

i've got two of the biggest shitheads in the league in Pooky Gonzalez and Lousa Magic....been to two straight world series with Lousa being one of the main reasons and Pooky, while not hitting as well as normal, still being a + war guy. Almost everyone else is a "good guy" who "gets along with everyone" though. So *shrugs*

TonyGin&Juice

My team has become the Memphis Grizzles of the WBL. Completely average and everyone is locked up long term. Got dat 5th spot on lock for the next three years

It used to be me and you fighting for the coveted fourth spot, now we're fighting for the fifth. What a time to be alive.

doh

Last call on the player with the second best FIP (min 500 IP) amongst active players. The Russian Katulsky

Also still looking for straight cash homie for prospects or picks

NML

Predictions on biggest pay day in FA?

I'm guessing either Kiene or Claas. I felt like Claas for sure, but then he took a hit in stuff. Someone with a hole at CF (tony) is going to throw everything at Kiene.

Could also see Funk getting a one year, $20m deal or something

Kiene was definitely the right answer. I gave Claas $15m, Kiene gonna go north of $20m

NML

Last call on the player with the second best FIP (min 500 IP) amongst active players. The Russian Katulsky

Also still looking for straight cash homie for prospects or picks

How much for ur picks? You know I love em