• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I think we need to think about making some changes to the game settings, especially on the injuries. In the span of a week I lost my one good starting pitcher (Diaz) and the guy that had a good shot of winning JV MVP this year.

Injuries.png

TonyGin&Juice

You guys should try just having more depth.

I'm in another league with 32 teams that has full minors, a Rule V draft, and is run pretty close to how actual MLB is run and we haven't had anywhere close to the number of injuries we've had so far in OOTP18. We've been on OOTP for five seasons and the two seasons I've been in the league we haven't had anywhere near the number of injuries we've had in the past two months in OOTP18. Something is wrong and no amount of depth is going to save teams that lose multiple starting pitchers and top hitters.

Wolfman21

I think the DTD injuries are a bit more drastic on 18. Ive seen guys DTD for like 4 weeks now where in the past DTD injuries might last 4-7 days. So maybe we arent having MORE injuries, just longer durations of DTD injuries.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I did notice that. I just noticed I have some DTD 7 week injuries. I guess in the past they may have just been 7 week injuries, but they are giving you the option of having the player play through it now.

Wolfman21

I did notice that. I just noticed I have some DTD 7 week injuries. I guess in the past they may have just been 7 week injuries, but they are giving you the option of having the player play through it now.

They also changed how it shows the player affected. Used to have a % drop in their performance. Now it just lists minimal, etc

Wooly

Sooner has done a great job in Moscow. They are in 1st place now, and contending annually. Pretty good turnaround in just a few years.

Wolfman21

just noticed something else........your players can have multiple injuries at the same time.

For instance.......Bill Milchamp on my squad. He is DTD with a sprained ankle and OUT with a Dead Arm.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
just noticed something else........your players can have multiple injuries at the same time.

For instance.......Bill Milchamp on my squad. He is DTD with a sprained ankle and OUT with a Dead Arm.
Yup. CF G. Robertson been out with plantar fascitis a week or so after a strained ACL injury.

Much prefer addition of vagueness to the the ratings hit over a flat percentage.

Wolfman21

sweep a NL playoff team and lose 3 out of 4 to Buffalo...smh

painful to keep watching my bullpen blow leads with 3 bullpen arms on the DL. Thems the breaks i guess. Still glad to see the team making a bit of a charge here as they've been much better since the beginning of May. HOpefully adding Landeiro back into the mix in the OF over James ".180" Chambers will be a boost to my offense. This is the worst offense we've had in 20 seasons

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
sweep a NL playoff team and lose 3 out of 4 to Buffalo...smh
This team hasn't made the second season for some time now...
Tuts without their leadoff phenom, Moy. Along with the power bat of Pals (though Mitichkin ain't too shabby).
Good series, doe. All 1 run contests.

TonyGin&Juice

Yep, nothing out of the norm with these injuries. Nothing at all. Starting 1B, CF, and 40% of the rotation all probably lost for the year.

Screenshot 2017-06-03 09.32.17.png

TonyGin&Juice

TIL 2 weeks=the year

Darryl Nelson was already out for five weeks and then got reinjured, hence two weeks = the year with the way these injuries work. This league is really not a lot of fun now and these injuries are only making it worse.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Darryl Nelson was out for two weeks and then got reinjured, hence two weeks = th year. This league is really not a lot of fun now and these injuries are only making it worse.

You did say starting CF out for year though.

I dunno...injuries have always seemed outrageous when osick sims.

NML

Darryl Nelson was already out for five weeks and then got reinjured, hence two weeks = the year with the way these injuries work. This league is really not a lot of fun now and these injuries are only making it worse.

Is it only not fun now because you're losing? You've never really complained about the league as a whole before

TonyGin&Juice

Is it only not fun now because you're losing? You've never really complained about the league as a whole before

It's just a little tiring seeing the same teams year after year with little change. I'm also just tired of the pitching being shit and guys having their careers/MVP seasons ended because of injury.

Id be having the most fun if i owned miami. Look at all them prospects

Too bad none of them are pitchers and all of them will end up dead or busts.

Wolfman21

It's just a little tiring seeing the same teams year after year with little change. I'm also just tired of the pitching being shit and guys having their careers/MVP seasons ended because of injury.

Too bad none of them are pitchers and all of them will end up dead or busts.

I sent you a pm askin if u wanted to trade a bat for lujan or snelson and got no response

Wolfman21

well thats 4 relievers with 8+ month injuries :laughing:

Oh well, 3 of em were over the age of 30, so i guess they had it comin

3-7 against the other under.500 teams in the SL the last 2 sims is not what i was hoping for. I may just be a seller at the trade deadline this season