• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066-67 Off-Season

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
A more charitable timeline as in this one, Bowen and Pettitjean from Halifax help out at the local homeless shelter!

Interestingly my player development update stayed the same, guess that's decided a little bit beforehand

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
A more charitable timeline as in this one, Bowen and Pettitjean from Halifax help out at the local homeless shelter!

Interestingly my player development update stayed the same, guess that's decided a little bit beforehand
It's an update of ratings movement that month and we were on the last day of the month.

NML

Got Ramirez and Arnel, my top two targets this offseason. Wanted Dobbie too but once Buffalo went up to 3/$36m I backed off. Hopefully my young guys can carry us at that spot.

I've been after Arnel since the first sim but he refused anything other than a one year deal. Just asked him about an extension and he wants 7/$140m. LAWD

With ND not making any big moves, the middle of the south is a total clusterfuck. ND, Kabul, BA, UK, Buffalo, and LR battling for three spots. Probably will come down to who stays the healthy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Ulrik has a .581/.594./.871/1.465 spring slash line

969574231ef121dc37fafbf70175539d--funny-geek-hilarious.jpg

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Tuts continue to acquire cast-offs from Kabul. Signed C Roy and Sanchez (MiLB contract), SP Rossell, and IF depth Malyukov.
Had offered Roy 3y/18m early on; like 2nd or 3rd sim. Took awhile for a response and he declined just before ST. Signed for 2y/6m. After now seeing what Pals signed for, I'm over here like...

giphy.gif

Wolfman21

Tuts continue to acquire cast-offs from Kabul. Signed C Roy and Sanchez (MiLB contract), SP Rossell, and IF depth Malyukov.
Had offered Roy 3y/18m early on; like 2nd or 3rd sim. Took awhile for a response and he declined just before ST. Signed for 2y/6m. After now seeing what Pals signed for, I'm over here like...

giphy.gif

Roy is good. Rossel is serviceable. The rest...:turrible:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Roy is good. Rossel is serviceable. The rest...:turrible:

Ross the 5th starter to begin the 2067 campaign. All I ask outta him is a sub-5.00 ERA and 1.4 WHIP.

Ur right. The other 2 are not starter quality, but needed depth after a majority of the AAA lineup walked on expiring contracts.

Wolfman21

lmao. So thanks to the re-sim, i saved 2 mil/yr on villareal as for some reason my export from last night wasn't used when i upped my offer by 2 mil/yr. NICE

what sucks is the AA guys that i called up to get some run in spring training got no run...so bummer

Wolfman21

Cisco Garcia, the 1B with 70 power potential i signed out of IFA this offseason has already had his potential power dropped to 65....hes been with the organization for one month

:thumbsup:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone need a 3B? I want to trade Juan Elias (5+ WAR last year playing just vs. RHP) so I can unleash Vreke.

doh

The OFFICIAL pre-season Dowher Rankings for Varsity:

1. Las Vegas -- Defending champs didn't improve or get worse. Found a lineup that was heavy on defense and avoiding Ks and rode it to a Game 7 comeback ship. Lack power but have a few high average hitters and some young potential stars. Rotation and bullpen fully stocked as well. Could use a power bat or two before the deadline.

2. Helsingborg -- Very close between 1st and 2nd. Hammers had an extremely active off-season after a 100 win season. Rock solid lineup and rotation is deep and has a great top as well. Signing MLIFA Gomez and Garza could be huge. My concern would be depth of bullpen.

3. Cairo -- A very solid off-season in Egypt as they added some nice pieces without losing much. Still think too big a gap to make the top 2. Hitting wise drop off after 5th spot and SP wise drop off after second SP. But defensively except LF look very good. Should win more than 83.

4. Amsterdam -- I'd say 4-6 are interchangeable. Yes... I'm believing the hype. No team added more WAR this off-season. The rotation has some cracks in it and the bullpen looks like it need 2-3 more arms but those problems will be masked by the premium talents offensively this team has. Ortiz might become the best non-Carrier player we've ever had.

5. Moscow -- Lost the most WAR of the off-season in Varsity. Lineup has some huge bats but also some not huge bats. Rotation is good not great. Could use some depth to lineup and another SP. Bullpen will be very good.

6. Lisbon -- Quiet off-season for a team that's been in the playoff hunt. Some great top of rotation guys but it drops off quick. Could use bullpen arms. Think defense will hurt them as well. But in the hunt for the playoffs.

7. Istanbul -- 1-3 rotation is awesome but after that it drops off quick. Lineup meh. Didn't do anything in the off-season. Probably another 75 or so win year.

8. Seoul -- Should win more games than last year but still far from being a playoff team.

9. Dublin -- Creswell is 3rd all-time in career WAR. He's 4.5 behind Bug so you figure he passes him this year. Carrier is 48 WAR ahead which should be hard for him to get to unless he can get back to the 8-9 WAR range for a year or two. Oh, and this team is getting at worst 1-2 in the next draft.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@doh I think Kang and Mordasini aren't what they used to be. I think Cross and Arevalo passed them for the best 1-2 L/R combo last year. That said, both are still very good and your rotation is deep. I think you are right about pen depth. If we stay healthy they should be ok and Garza should help an aging bullpen.

Still have to give you an edge after the way you dismantled us in the playoffs last year after I won the season H2H. I think both teams win 100 games.

LV
Borg
Lisbon
Cairo
Dam
Moscow
Seoul
Istanbul
Dublin

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
LV
Borg
Amsterdam
Cairo
Lisbon
Moscow
Istanbul
Seoul
Dublin

-------

Fax
NDR
Kabul
BA
UK
Buffalo
LRM
Miami
False Bay

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Thanks for the encouragement guys, I really think I can bring another 1-1 to Dublin. Let me know when I have to export or whatever.

doh

@doh I think Kang and Mordasini aren't what they used to be. I think Cross and Arevalo passed them for the best 1-2 L/R combo last year. That said, both are still very good and your rotation is deep. I think you are right about pen depth. If we stay healthy they should be ok and Garza should help an aging bullpen.

Still have to give you an edge after the way you dismantled us in the playoffs last year after I won the season H2H. I think both teams win 100 games.

LV
Borg
Lisbon
Cairo
Dam
Moscow
Seoul
Istanbul
Dublin
Both aren't dominant (and just in time for Kang's 4/95 extension to kick in) but with my D they should both still be low 3s ERA. But I'm fearing Kang is on the edge of falling off a cliff next year. I'm counting on Carlier making a big leap this year plus Salas continuing to improve to be a great #4. Lexington Steele will have the ability to win ER titles too with his movement and my defense.

doh

Yeah prospects rarely fail in this game... one of the side effects of no injuries

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Oh they fail all the time. Wooly has just had a crazy string of luck. Look at Coma. He should be in his prime.