• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066-67 Off-Season

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
anyone using stopper? I had it first sim and my stopper has pitched 6 of 9.2 RP innings. Going to have to fiddle with it over the year.

Wolfman21

I've had good luck with my pen since I took all of their roles away. Giving them any type of a role used to make their usage stupid. Now, guys are usually used when I think they should be

doh

meh I prefer roles.

I think 'stopper' is a game changer and biggest change in the game since I can remember. So many things you can do with it if you have a thin bullpen, older SP, semi-rested SP in the playoffs, etc.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I bounce back and forth. I used the no roles set up a lot in the 40's. I started using roles more when stupid people started getting too many innings and they introduced high leverage and avoid high leverage.

Stopper has always been there...

doh

No way? I'd never seen it until these last playoffs and I've always been screwing with bullpen roles.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They must have added it to all eras then. We definitely had it in the past. You could turn off modern era bullpens or something and it added the stopper. Maybe we only had it for one version or something and it got turned off again.

Or i might be thinking of a different sim.

doh

I first noticed it the sim for game 7 and it won me the WS, sorry @Wooly :laughing:

From a WPA added perspective, stopper would be a bigger impact role vs. SP too. I'm debating whether to switch Kang to it now to save his arm too.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
stop talking about ur other leagues, trogger.

My immersion in the #FAIR_AND_BALANCED league is really starting to take off. No fucksticks there with 29 years old closers in A, nobody throwing a fit over not being able to trade cash after the trade deadline, more than the usual suspects in the playoffs each season...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My immersion in the #FAIR_AND_BALANCED league is really starting to take off. No fucksticks there with 29 years old closers in A, nobody throwing a fit over not being able to trade cash after the trade deadline, more than the usual suspects in the playoffs each season...

do you not understand the English language? NOBODY CARES

TonyGin&Juice

You'll are still mad about other people's minor league teams?

My A team would have won the A Shampionship if not for some fuckstick having a bullpen of 29 year olds...

do you not understand the English language? NOBODY CARES

FINE. I'll just leave you to your no rings and orange slices and take my "TWO WS IN TEN YEARS, I CAN COUNT NAS" ass over to the #FAIR_AND_BALANCED world.

Wolfman21

SL has had Kabul, Fax, UK, BA, Miami, NDR in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons. That's 6/9 teams that have all made the playoffs. BUFF and FB have been rebuilding for a while now and LRM has gone through more owners than winning seasons. Pretty much, if you try, you can make the playoffs. I don't see the big deal there.

TonyGin&Juice

SL has had Kabul, Fax, UK, BA, Miami, NDR in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons. That's 6/9 teams that have all made the playoffs. BUFF and FB have been rebuilding for a while now and LRM has gone through more owners than winning seasons. Pretty much, if you try, you can make the playoffs. I don't see the big deal there.

fair-and-balanced.jpg

Soonerfan09

I remember when Moscow's minor league affiliates won the A, AA, and AAA shamships in the same season. Think it was '59 or '60. Or two of them won and the other played for it. Or something like that. Maybe I don't remember.

doh

I'm trying out a 7th and later and a 8th and later stopper with no closer... very interested to see how this goes.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Had a message that Goats is doing well in rehab and will only miss three more weeks instead of three months. I've never had someone excel in rehab, haha.

Wooly

Trim ur minors, @Wooly. 72 in A, 97 in AA and 64 in AAA.

:laughing:
Yeah, that was a mistake. Tons of guys left my minors, so I made a minor league offer to tons of 2-3 star guys, the last day of the offseason. I had like 8 players in both AA and AAA. Out of all my offers, I thought maybe 15 or so would sign, which is all I needed. Instead, they all signed or something.

I only had a few hours to deal with it before leaving on my eclipse trip, so I just moved them by age to the different levels, and had the AI set everything up. Didn't have time to look at them and cut guys then, but I am getting back from the eclipse late tonight.

It's funny that people are obsessed with my minors though. Maybe I will wait for @TonyGin&Juice to quit, then fix them.

Wooly's key to development is that he keeps an entire league worth of players on each roster and forces them to play an elaborate series of intrasquad seasons within the normal season!

Also, having 4,000 rounds in the draft and then shadow players doesn't help this problem. I been cutting everyone over 25 in my A team for years on this site, and last year I had some mystery 30 year old shadow realmers at the end of the season (note they were not playing and were not good).
Travis caught on to my development trick, essentially having all my minor league players play 3 seasons worth of intersquad games every year. You need 60+ guys to cheat the AI properly.

Well, that and the Indy Devs flying into Sun Valley, ID to watch the eclipse with me. Picked up some new secrets.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

:laughing:
Yeah, that was a mistake. Tons of guys left my minors, so I made a minor league offer to tons of 2-3 star guys, the last day of the offseason. I had like 8 players in both AA and AAA. Out of all my offers, I thought maybe 15 or so would sign, which is all I needed. Instead, they all signed or something.

I only had a few hours to deal with it before leaving on my eclipse trip, so I just moved them by age to the different levels, and had the AI set everything up. Didn't have time to look at them and cut guys then, but I am getting back from the eclipse late tonight.

It's funny that people are obsessed with my minors though. Maybe I will wait for @TonyGin&Juice to quit, then fix them.

Travis caught on to my development trick, essentially having all my minor league players play 3 seasons worth of intersquad games every year. You need 60+ guys to cheat the AI properly.

Well, that and the Indy Devs flying into Sun Valley, ID to watch the eclipse with me. Picked up some new secrets.

Get fucked cuck.