• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA!

DO YOU WANT A LIVE DRAFT 1st ROUND?

• Total voters

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Definitely not a good example of the "stiff upper lip" my friend. Which BUM did you have next on ur list anyway? Maybe we can come to an EQUITABLE solution to this without INVALIDATING this draft that I completely forgot about.

I want a comp 3rd rounder.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Hayvis got the player he had listed #3 at #5 and the player he listed #9 at #14. Would have had the exact same players a pick earlier

If this be true what be the problem?

I changed my order. Cairos was 15th when I went to bed last night. I only had him at 9th, because if you look I had everyone sorted by position.

Refer to him as LIBERACE from this point forward. One of the Os should make that a permanent change and this his avatar:

130603_r23605_g2048.jpg

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
This ain't my fucking fault. The last thing you or Karl told me was to make sure I'd programmed the draft list on site. I thought that was the definitive list.

Now this is a hill I would die on. I've actually had this happen before but not when talent like LIBERACE was just sitting out there for the taking.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I've got to pick Sylvie up to school. Will fight this to the death later. I want a 3rd round comp for my distress.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You don’t get a comp pick. This used to happen every year, someone messed up in some way and wanted a first rounder. @ZackMills somehow got a first because his player got injured lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hayvis reminds me of the admin assistant at work. I asked her to print the report and deliver it to the city. I obviously meant "print the report and the appendices," and I felt this was pretty obvious because everything was in the single PDF I sent to her.... instead, she went into the PDF and selected ONLY the report pages and printed those and then delivered them to some soon to be confused clients! I blame myself for not explaining what I wanted more thoroughly, but I also note that this wasn't ever a problem with our last admin assistant who was basically a mind reader.

Makes a list... doesn't turn the list on.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I didnt remember us outlawing comp picks though its certainly plausible. I was slammed with work (valet and programming) all week so I didnt have time to look and just acted. Sorry that it seems like we're favoring Schauwn, I only did so as he was a new owner when that pick came in and couldn't sign Vaclaav due to it.

We also cant see people's lists on the site and it took a few tries to get things going, but we were actually super proud of you as the only person to submit a list outside of the site, so we ended up using the one on the thread figuring that was the same thing. Ideally next time people submit lists to us in addition to the site.

I dont know if it would've been your pick but I'm happy you got Nelson at 2-5, as that's who we were going to choose for you instead as your 16th guy listed. Getting the same two guys in reverse ain't too bad.

We'll discuss the comp pick situation and see what we can do on that front in terms of hard rules etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I didnt remember us outlawing comp picks though its certainly plausible. I was slammed with work (valet and programming) all week so I didnt have time to look and just acted. Sorry that it seems like we're favoring Schauwn, I only did so as he was a new owner when that pick came in and couldn't sign Vaclaav due to it.

We also cant see people's lists on the site and it took a few tries to get things going, but we were actually super proud of you as the only person to submit a list outside of the site, so we ended up using the one on the thread figuring that was the same thing. Ideally next time people submit lists to us in addition to the site.

I dont know if it would've been your pick but I'm happy you got Nelson at 2-5, as that's who we were going to choose for you instead as your 16th guy listed. Getting the same two guys in reverse ain't too bad.

We'll discuss the comp pick situation and see what we can do on that front in terms of hard rules etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is far too nicely put. Why can't you shout?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I thought we haven’t done comp picks as a standard for years. There are always special circumstances though, but even for impossible didn’t we stop?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I thought we haven’t done comp picks as a standard for years. There are always special circumstances though, but even for impossible didn’t we stop?

This is what I thought when I said "no comp picks" to Hayvis. I thought @Schauwn had acquired that second pick, it was a misunderstanding between Yankee & myself.

This is still a mountain made out of a molehill, doe.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
@Orlando is up

I picked Alexander Young for Buffalo, but if @doh still wants him instead of the guy he picked, I'll just swap the picks (had Young 2nd on my big board left)

Can't believe I ended up with FIGUEROA! He's no van Beyeren or Fujita, but pretty close, so he'll be a great utility IF behind CipTo.

NML

Hayvis sent me the bat signal, so I made my pick. On auto now

I’ve been exporting but you can replace me if the league gets full (lol) and you have another owner waiting

This spat shows nothing’s changed! I keep lol-ing at doh AND karl on pace for 115+ wins. It’s amazing they can do that with that massive three million more they lost this season

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I’ve been exporting but you can replace me if the league gets full (lol) and you have another owner waiting

This spat shows nothing’s changed! I keep lol-ing at doh AND karl on pace for 115+ wins. It’s amazing they can do that with that massive three million more they lost this season
Does it? This spat seems kind of irrelevant.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

We had a successful live draft, suck my balls! JK It's hard to make changes, and I see that now!

NML

Does it? This spat seems kind of irrelevant.

All the spats seem irrelevant when they don’t involve you

It’s another example of how not having set ground rules for handling situations makes people like owners aren’t being treated fairly. The same argument has popped up like fifty times with resims. Handling on a case by case basis sounds fine enough but doesn’t work in reality

We had a successful live draft, suck my balls!

Like I said, nothing’s changed.

You already drove me off and - as I predicted - I’m sure hayvis isn’t far behind. Clearly this was a massive success so congrats

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

It’s another example of how not having set ground rules for handling situations makes people like owners aren’t being treated fairly. The same argument has popped up like fifty times with resims. Handling on a case by case basis sounds fine enough but doesn’t work in reality

You already drove me off and - as I predicted - I’m sure hayvis isn’t far behind. Clearly this was a massive success so congrats

Lets make amends now that we have MINSHEW in common.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

There are ground rules, but when something unusual comes up you have to figure out how to handle it. From what I understand everyone else who asked had their weird glitch draft picks handled.

I think Hayvis’ general outlook is that he is being treated unfairly. How do you rectify that? Treat him unfairly? I don’t remember ever signing picks for people because they were out of money. Ground rules say no, but it happened.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I picked Alexander Young for Buffalo, but if @doh still wants him instead of the guy he picked, I'll just swap the picks (had Young 2nd on my big board left)
Could you do that please? Sorry I was away all weekend. Had no clue a live draft was going on.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Yankee151 @Travis7401 Back to the draft itself. Just been listening to the draft analysis, and what you were saying about Chris Campbell. I intend to use him as a stopper+high leverage for 150 innings a year. Genuine question - why could he be more valuable as an SP, if I can do that with him? And why are we obsessed with starters being more valuable than a good stopper/closer, when the team only has one or two spots for this (seemingly more) important position?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Yankee151 @Travis7401 Back to the draft itself. Just been listening to the draft analysis, and what you were saying about Chris Campbell. I intend to use him as a stopper+high leverage for 150 innings a year. Genuine question - why could he be more valuable as an SP, if I can do that with him? And why are we obsessed with starters being more valuable than a good stopper/closer, when the team only has one or two spots for this (seemingly more) important position?

There is more flexibility in how you use a SP. You have to build your entire philosophy around getting a relief pitcher a lot of innings, and that's fine... but your 5th best SP will also get almost that many innings.

To me Campbell was the most SURE THING pitcher in the draft. He might not be a good SP without a good 3rd pitch, but he's definitely going to be a great player.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

BLEAKSBURG

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

It's harder to find guys that will be a good starting pitcher vs guys who will be good relievers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Yankee151 @Travis7401 - Also, I honestly thought Cairos was a pre-programmed sleeper. If I was programming a game, I would not make the player progression linear (see Griff Dent when he popped the blues all of a sudden). I actually looked for players that my scout saw "sleeper potential" in, as I thought it more likely that would pan out than the lottery of any other pick.

DISCUSS

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's harder to find guys that will be a good starting pitcher vs guys who will be good relievers.

I thought the stopper/closer/high leverage guy was more difficult to find as they have to be extremely good fast groundball pitchers. I certainly can see fewer that meet the credentials in the upcoming FA than starers.