• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Running the ball :vomit:

:laughing:

seeing film of teams that run antiquated offenses (like Tee formation or double-wing) is like watching those speeded-up films of ww2 newsreel clips. When run effectively, though - it is a thing of beauty like no other. Running option in NCAA 2004 was very fun (or very frustrating, depending on your running backs)

Brick

the fascination with lane kiffin is weird. i've never seen anything like it. i swear during bama games they spend more time talking about him and giving him camera time than saban. danielson was stroking him hard saturday. the media so badly wants him to be good for some reason. it ain't happnin, blood.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
the fascination with lane kiffin is weird. i've never seen anything like it. i swear during bama games they spend more time talking about him and giving him camera time than saban. danielson was stroking him hard saturday. the media so badly wants him to be good for some reason. it ain't happnin, blood.

Srs talk - he must be extremely charming in person because, like you said, people seem to really want to see him do well for some reason, even though his track record should speak for itself.

mcnoles

Cool.

ByD8BvzCQAIhTcj.jpg:large

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Gary Danielson would literally fuck a train of SEC coaches

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Srs talk - he must be extremely charming in person because, like you said, people seem to really want to see him do well for some reason, even though his track record should speak for itself.
Cause he fits some mold people have for coaches. Kinda how the NFL so called experts keep hyping up the sub par white quarterbacks prospects because they're tall

R2D2

Cause he fits some mold people have for coaches. Kinda how the NFL so called experts keep hyping up the sub par white quarterbacks prospects because they're tall

I imagine scouts conversations go a little something like this:

"How's his arm strength, Jim?"
"It's fucking awesome. Kid can throw a deep ball farther than Tom Brady."
"Holy shit, awesome! What about his accuracy?"
"Never mind that, the kid is 6'7!"

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I imagine scouts conversations go a little something like this:

"How's his arm strength, Jim?"
"It's fucking awesome. Kid can throw a deep ball farther than Tom Brady."
"Holy shit, awesome! What about his accuracy?"
"Never mind that, the kid is 6'7!"

43743ed959783-10-1.jpg

Snorky's Shame

20 years ago:

Colorado beats Michigan on the Kordell Stewart Hail Mary

Washington snaps Miami's 58 game home winning streak

None of these four programs are even close now to what they were back then. Time flies.

CJ_24

he does that before every concert with whatever team whose stadium he is playing in. He says he wants to go to the furthest part of the stands to remember to feel how much energy he has to bring to rock the place.

I have that no shoes nation flag, btw. It's awesome.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
So, no less than two people on my facbeook newsfeed just posted high resolution pictures of their tickets to college football games this weekends (with barcodes clearly visible). Somebody should just create an aggregate feed of people doing this on social media to see how many barcodes can be harvested.

Stop being stupid people!!! (full disclosure - one of these people was my sister...I did send her a message to warn her about it)

Iron

So, no less than two people on my facbeook newsfeed just posted high resolution pictures of their tickets to college football games this weekends (with barcodes clearly visible). Somebody should just create an aggregate feed of people doing this on social media to see how many barcodes can be harvested.

Stop being stupid people!!! (full disclosure - one of these people was my sister...I did send her a message to warn her about it)

These are the same people who post "look guys my first credit card" and post it all over social media

boom248

Calling me out, I see. That is the biggest part of his coaching game that he needs to step up. A lot of the things he says work great in the locker room for morale purposes but sound really dumb in a press conference. I would love to serve as his PR coach.

On a side note, it is really frustrating that every time that Clemson loses, it is referred to as "Clemsoning." Losing on the road to the #1 team in the country isn't "Clemsoning." Beating the #1 team and losing the next week to a mediocre team like Wake or UNC, is "Clemsoning." We really haven't done that since Dabo took over. What we did Saturday night was just a total choke job. We were given a golden opportunity to steal a conference title when Crab Legs got suspended and we refused to take advantage. If that should be called anything, it should be called "Georgia-ing."

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Sounds like you explained exactly why it was a Clemsoning. They choked away a perfect opportunity to be the conference's best team.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Clemsoning to me is choking. Whether it is vs crippled #1 or Wake Forest after winning a big game the previous week. Clemson had opportunities to take us out Sat night. But when it came time to do it they choked. Or what people are saying Clemsoning.

Don't feel too bad. You should beat us handily next year. We will have an entirely new offensive line and Winston will be off in the NFL stealing crab cakes. That QB you have will be very good.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Calling me out, I see. That is the biggest part of his coaching game that he needs to step up. A lot of the things he says work great in the locker room for morale purposes but sound really dumb in a press conference. I would love to serve as his PR coach.

On a side note, it is really frustrating that every time that Clemson loses, it is referred to as "Clemsoning." Losing on the road to the #1 team in the country isn't "Clemsoning." Beating the #1 team and losing the next week to a mediocre team like Wake or UNC, is "Clemsoning." We really haven't done that since Dabo took over. What we did Saturday night was just a total choke job. We were given a golden opportunity to steal a conference title when Crab Legs got suspended and we refused to take advantage. If that should be called anything, it should be called "Georgia-ing."

Or as I like to call it, priapism.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Clemsoning to me is choking. Whether it is vs crippled #1 or Wake Forest after winning a big game the previous week. Clemson had opportunities to take us out Sat night. But when it came time to do it they choked. Or what people are saying Clemsoning.

Don't feel too bad. You should beat us handily next year. We will have an entirely new offensive line and Winston will be off in the NFL stealing crab cakes. That QB you have will be very good.

To me, it's even more funny that the term applied much better to Florida State's fortunes prior to 2013, to me.

-YTC

boom248

Sounds like you explained exactly why it was a Clemsoning. They choked away a perfect opportunity to be the conference's best team.

To be fair, when we started this pattern, we weren't anywhere close to being the best team in the conference (e.g. 2003, 2004, & etc...).

Fair enough. Waiting 'til next year is no solace though. I will leave that mantra for USCjr.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Leggo Cowboys.

Don't see how UCLA beats ASU, but I haven't seen an ASU game yet. Thoughts @bruin228 ?

Well, Taylor Kelly is out so that gives the Bruins' D an edge unless their backup lights the world on fire.

It really depends on the offense, which…hasn't looked great but there hasn't been the greatest sample size either. They looked like shit against UVA, who looks much improved this season. Then, they looked great against Memphis but it's Memphis and the D was awful. Then, there was the UT game, otherwise known as Neuheisel's Heisman game. So after 3 weeks, still don't know what to expect. Hopefully, Hundley is healthy. The injury was to his non-throwing arm, so he should be fine. I was surprised he didn't come back in against UT (what is this, pansy ball?) At any rate, that bye week came at a great time.

The last 3 games between UCLA and ASU have been decided by a combined 8 points. Probably another close one tonight, though likely lower scoring than the last two games.

Bart Scott for all of this to be meaningless as UCLA loses 80-0.

Last edited:

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Well that injury looked terrible and if he's out for a bit, I'm adding a few losses to our schedule.

This is not a year in which we could afford injuries.