• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Been meaning to do this, vote on expansion (bdub and schauwn)

Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Competitive in 2 or 3 years? Istanbul hasn't been competitive in a decade. You want them to be immediately better than you?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You guys can stop calling me the worst, I no longer want an exp draft so you can unwad ur panties about that, argue against the rest

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
FAs are only for them to flip at the deadline for some assets. If everyone was willing to actually give up decent players an expansion draft might work. Personally id give up guys they could trade. Chen and schmidt, probably Sanchez too. Its a pretty raw deal for some teams though. Id really rather try to find a way to give them assets outside of an expansion draft if possible. Is there any possible way in your minds to do that? @doh @Yankee151

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ive had a few owners express they'd possibly quit over an expansion draft which defeats the purpose of expansion. So that's why im opposed, knowing that fact makes talking about a draft moo.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If anything spawn the max amount of IFAs and let them 'draft' 10 of them between the two and put them on their teams after, something like that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How hard is it for a team to just submit 3 unprotected players on their 40-man? Once a guy gets picked from their team, then they get to protect another player. No one is losing anyone of major value and in some cases they get rid of salary. The expansion team gets something.

Seems a lot more fair than having these expansion teams sign 100 dudes.
I seriously do not get the point of this. They will get the same players they could sign to minor league deals other than your salary dumps. Plus, the salary dumps are actually bad for them to draft since people will send assets with salary to dump it in this league. Why would it be better for them to take your bad contracts for free, when without the draft you will pay them to take that contract?

I only @'d you because you @'d me for some reason.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Doesnt even have to be the prospect IFAs, like the Ichiro style ones would work too, they get talent and other teams give up nothing. We would have to test it first ofc

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If anything spawn the max amount of IFAs and let them 'draft' 10 of them between the two and put them on their teams after, something like that.
I dont know if you understand what that means haha. Have you ever spawned a max IFA pool?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
FAs are only for them to flip at the deadline for some assets. If everyone was willing to actually give up decent players an expansion draft might work. Personally id give up guys they could trade. Chen and schmidt, probably Sanchez too. Its a pretty raw deal for some teams though. Id really rather try to find a way to give them assets outside of an expansion draft if possible. Is there any possible way in your minds to do that? @doh @Yankee151
I'll think of it. I was thinking of giving them draft picks that are comp picks 3-4-5 rounds that can only be used to trade for players. Maybe just have every team offer up one player on the 40-man they basically don't want (could be a bad contract or someone they just don't use) and the expansion decide whether or not they want them. Instead of three just one if people are scared of losing AAAA RPs.

Sanchez is a good example though. Good player but do you want to pay him $10m/year or whatever he is suppose to make? Gives teams a chance to in a way amnesty deals they might not love.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just fill their rosters with random players if you are going to do that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I love sanchez and could trade him right now if i wanted. Thats the only reason id give him up

doh

I seriously do not get the point of this. They will get the same players they could sign to minor league deals other than your salary dumps. Plus, the salary dumps are actually bad for them to draft since people will send assets with salary to dump it in this league. Why would it be better for them to take your bad contracts for free, when without the draft you will pay them to take that contract?

I only @'d you because you @'d me for some reason.
Because they don't have to take player if they don't want to. It's completely up to them? So you think it's better for them to give someone like MR Hands who is a 4A player $800k in FA when they could get them for minimum on the expansion draft?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I dont know if you understand what that means haha. Have you ever spawned a max IFA pool?
Once, it was intense

I will tweak it when I get home and see which of the player spawning options works best. I do like the idea of them picking back and forth from a pool like that though if it can be done to our liking

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Doesnt even have to be the prospect IFAs, like the Ichiro style ones would work too, they get talent and other teams give up nothing. We would have to test it first ofc
This is a good point though. We don't get good IFAs anymore, only amateurs. Remember Turtle? He was my Matsui. Dude could ball.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Because they don't have to take player if they don't want to. It's completely up to them? So you think it's better for them to give someone like MR Hands who is a 4A player $800k in FA when they could get them for minimum on the expansion draft?
They could get 4A players for the minimum via minor league contracts.

doh

They could get 4A players for the minimum via minor league contracts.
Not during this hypothetical one week pre-FA sim. Those guys don't go for minors contracts until about opening day when other teams sign them up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: I'd pay Sanchez $20m. OU is just in a situation where he can be a charity case and it doesn't matter. I don't see the point in having a draft full of POS minor leaguers being called up just for the draft and salary dumps no one can get rid of. Let them have your precious FAs.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This is a good point though. We don't get good IFAs anymore, only amateurs. Remember Turtle? He was my Matsui. Dude could ball.
Loved Turtle.

If the exp teams had 3 or 4 guys each it balances out the fact that they will have a boatload of dead salary

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Not during this hypothetical one week pre-FA sim. Those guys don't go for minors contracts until about opening day when other teams sign them up.
There are 4A guys whose demands are minor league deals.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
How are you testing it? CPU playing out the scenario isn't a reel test because AI moronic in general and isn't even designed for this situation.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Its different though because the AI controlled everyone. AI not only spends ridiculous amounts of money they also let great FAs walk so it speeds up the compete window

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well I want to see how my ideas go too but we will see. I am still worried about initial distribution so maybe i should see the file.