• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Been meaning to do this, vote on expansion (bdub and schauwn)

Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I have nothing against an expansion draft (after hearing all the options) or a roster autofill of generated players (kinda lame but whatever). But those aren't really on the table to my knowledge.

With that in mind, I think the worst mistake the league could make would be giving expansion teams too much advantages. If you stack enough advantages at the start you could end up with several sustained dynasties.

If we screw it up, and in year 3 they have terrible teams and terrible systems we could revisit the issue and correct it, no? Via extra comp picks, extra high draft picks, another advantage in F/A.

But I think in general that tanking is fun and they could accrue sick minor league systems pretty quickly given the system OU posted.

But hey, this is new to us. It's not like real leagues don't struggle with this same question... think of MLB overcompensating for poor expansion teams by awarding too much to the 98 expansion teams, resulting in a division title for Arizona in year 2 and a World series in year 4.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Since the when are you pro-draft rad?

(after hearing all the options), try to keep up.

I'm pro-draft after hearing some proposals that would stack teams with high first rounders, since I think a draft is more predictable. Admittedly I was extremely anti expansion draft initially.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't see a single option where a team gets stacked, but I guess it's easy to be pro draft after reading dohs draft plan to make expansion teams really, really bad.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I broke my strategy down in the PM, you obviously disagree as the resident hate/don't understand the draft guy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Rads strategy is tank for 3 years and win a shampship with three 1-1s that are still a few years away. That's all he said anyway. I think he would buy one or two IFA as well.

osick87

Community Liaison
My strategy was that I would trade the first rounders for like 2 3 to 4 star prospects/ good young players and their first rounder. Sign some mid tier FAs and hope to flip them for some more prospects. My goal would be to pretty much make my minors good and hope they make a good major league squad. Could also flip some of those prospects for more established stars. Less stars and scrubs than the tank model.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My strategy was that I would trade the first rounders for like 2 3 to 4 star prospects/ good young players and their first rounder. Sign some mid tier FAs and hope to flip them for some more prospects. My goal would be to pretty much make my minors good and hope they make a good major league squad. Could also flip some of those prospects for more established stars. Less stars and scrubs than the tank model.
What makes you think you could do that? You'd never get that deal for the 1-1, but you might be able to in 3 years when that player is almost ready assuming he pans out. But then again youd have to wait til year two to get the 1-1, so you'd have to hope a guy one year away is in the class. Still starting your build in year three, with two 3*s and an extra first.

Rinse and repeat until you have depth, then youre ready to get 1-1s that you can keep.

That's just how i see it going, maybe bdub and schauwn can figure out a better way

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm going to test out:

The proposal on the first page, because why not

Random new rosters just to see what they look like

Expanded Ichiro IFA Pool and a mini 'draft' between the expansion teams for the Top 10 in addition to the first proposal

Expanded Amateur IFA Pool and a mini 'draft' between the expansion teams in addition to the first proposal

osick87

Community Liaison
The recent deals for 1-1s show me I might be able to get 2 or 3 prospects instead of the established star like Ivan Ruiz. If I don't get that, then I just keep the pick. I'd also eat salary for guys like I did with JD.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The recent deals for 1-1s show me I might be able to get 2 or 3 prospects instead of the established star like Ivan Ruiz. If I don't get that, then I just keep the pick. I'd also eat salary for guys like I did with JD.

Well the recent deals are a bit of an outlier aren't they? I don't have the capability to do those deals anymore. You'd have to keep the pick until they are almost ready so they are really worth something, and you don't get that guy until year two.

That's why best case scenario you start building at the start of year three, but realistically I'm thinking more like year 4 or 5 to really get the most out of those picks. If I was taking over I'd probably take 12-13 seasons, but I would build a juggernaut. If I spent only on FA I could probably get to 70 wins in 4-5 seasons.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Rad does make a good point in that we can tweak it if needed down the line. If they need more comp picks or something that is always an option, am interested in yankee's sims since he will actually control the teams.

osick87

Community Liaison
Oh either way it's going to be an uphill battle. Just giving how I would go about it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
OU when you do test sims do you just start with the regular .dat(or whatever format) file that we use to reinstall the league and go from there?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
OU when you do test sims do you just start with the regular .dat(or whatever format) file that we use to reinstall the league and go from there?

I just copied the league folder, pasted it on the desktop, changed the name and threw it back in.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If we generated players, could we just generate A?

Pretty sure we can gen any or all teams within an org. Genning single A would give them some possible decent prospects. From what I can tell the best it does is give you 2-3 possible WBL level prospects and a bunch of shit but that is still better than filling from FA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That might be a decent add for them-generate an A roster of 18-19 year olds. Maybe make them all from their home country like its the team they already had and the WBL absorbed them but they are all only A quality.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Okay so I can't do anything since I was only temporarily made Commish. Just going to run a 16-team league and see how it goes that way, no need to waste more time

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What if we did a non-WBL year? Like a year when they just have A/AA teams and can sign MLFAs/IFAs?