• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Bold Predictions for the 2015 season

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
OSU is going to kick the shit out of OU. I don't think it will be interesting at all.
You seem to be the only OU fan that thinks that.

General feel on campus is 10-2 for OU but I think that's best case. I think 9-3 or 8-4 is more likely.

I also think it's a guarantee OU will start each QB in at least one game.

OSU will have the top defense in the Big 12.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
You seem to be the only OU fan that thinks that.

General feel on campus is 10-2 for OU but I think that's best case. I think 9-3 or 8-4 is more likely.

I also think it's a guarantee OU will start each QB in at least one game.

OSU will have the top defense in the Big 12.

10-2? LOL.

Probable losses: @ Tennessee, @ Baylor, vs. TCU, @ OSU
Possible losses: vs. West Virginia, vs. Texas, @ KSU

I think the offense will be generally fine (maybe not right away) but the defense will still suck, especially the secondary. If OU finishes with fewer than 4 losses I will be very surprised.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That's just homer optimism. I've seen several Michigan fans talk them into a 10-2 season for Michigan. I expect Michigan to be bowl eligible, but more than 8 wins is pretty unlikely.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, it's only HARBAW's first year. 10-2 is definitely not out of the question in the near future, but not this year.

I don't know what is more bold: predicting 10-2 for OU or 6-6. Prolly 10-2.

majorleaguethey'reshitty.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, it's only HARBAW's first year. 10-2 is definitely not out of the question in the near future, but not this year.

I will say that the things that Michigan has going for it are that there's only 2 top 25 teams on the schedule, and their QB play cannot possibly be worse. Michigan's QBs were 5 TDs to 17 INTs against power 5 opponents. Rudock should make the QB play at least average, which should give them a couple of wins.

But they still have like 8 toss up games at this point. Going 10-2 would require them to win basically every one of those.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Just trying to make a bold prediction. I've been hearing questions about different parts of the defense as national and local writers have been on my local sports talk radio, so I think there's at least a chance.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Just trying to make a bold prediction. I've been hearing questions about different parts of the defense as national and local writers have been on my local sports talk radio, so I think there's at least a chance.

Sure. In the Pac-12, which is crazy deep with the exception of Colorado, lots of things can conspire to pile up losses. Defensively, the only proven quantity is Su'a Cravens, who is definitely a beast, but even in last year's defense, when we had Leonard Williams and experienced linebackers like Hayes Pullard, they moved Cravens around a lot to help put wherever needed in the back seven. If he were to go down with injury, they could be in for a long year.

Add that to an offense that plays fast (they either score fast, or they go three-and-out fast; they're not built for grind it out, 8-10 minute drives), and I could see a lot of minutes for a gassed defense.

Bdub

I think a lot of Pac teams are built around fast offenses. Why I think that Utahs defense has been successful without top athletes. They are built to make teams grind.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
1) NC State will lose either @ South Alabama or @ Old Dominion, because they're the type of dipshits to schedule to play these plebs on the road

2) Appalachian State will go to their first ever trog bowl game in New Orleans, where I will drink whiskey with @Brick, ripping a hole in the Nutopian misanthrope continuum

3) Clemson wins the Atlantic, not because they're that good but because FSU dips and loses to State on some bullshit

4) I'll watch 8-10 games give or take all year, most of them SEC FOOTTTBAWWW

5) McElwain wins 9 games in his first year at Florida

6) Bret Bielema gets fisted in the back of a Timothy Leary Acid Kool aid van

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Michigan plays Arizona in the Rose Bowl. Arizona wins a DickRod 51-48 special and Ann Arbor implodes on itself.

Then we have a shitty season and rehire DickRod.

let's do this

giphy.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nebraska wins B1G. Damnit its the BOLD predictions thread. Amirite?
Republic of Alabamastan loses SEC
NW Mo State wins D2 title over Duluth
Louth Holtzh loses gig on Sirius XM
At least 500 fines handes out at VT and Cincy before the NaziCAA says no
I will watch the parts of 230 games this year. Fucking cable you crack whore.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Brick

Utah will finish 0.500% (trog shoe burning bet @utahguy?)
shit
Butch OH BOY THAT MAN IS TURNING THINGS AROUND RIVALZ Jones goes 7-5 or 6-6
8-4 is basically 6-6 in the sec east, so yep
Dan Mullen jumps ship and takes Iowa job after MSU tanks w/no bowl
i still think he leaves
Related: both Kyle Whittingham and Kirk Ferentz are shit-canned
heh
Steve Sarkisian wins 8 games
USC wins 8 games
about right, maybe all the way right
A excessive celebration flag is thrown on a white guy from BYU
maybe next year
Only two Big Ten teams are ranked after bowl season (MSU and tOSU)
herp derp
TCU loses three games
probably yes
I am admitted to the hospital with a brain aneurysm due to BIG XII SHOULD HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME morons
tbd, but it's coming for sure
Neither Leonard Fournette nor Ezekiel are Heisman finalists (anyone familiar with how those coaches distribute carries?)
this could happen, but not for the reason i mentioned
Lane Kiffin is hired by some sorry program and ESPN runs a redemption story/has him as the analyst for CFB playoff (hair cut bet @PSUEagle)?
it's coming
Bronco Mendenhall resurrects the BAND OF BROS t-shirt
maybe next year
No Pac-12 team in the playoff, but Boise State is finally in
yes, no
Neither Flazzu or Georgia Tech win the ACC
yep
FREEKBASS plays at ND halftime show
ready2roll in the playoff

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
@Brick

If the Vols go 6-6 or 7-5 I will be very disappoint. I'll bet you some meat that they win 8 at least.

@Brick Should really be 10-2 if not fucking 11-1 with a win over Vandy which I am not taking for granted at this point. Moral victories are shitty, but it is clear to see Butch has improved the team. He appears to be learning how to corch in games, but he can at least assemble talent. They matched up just fine against Bama and OU.

Brick

@Brick Should really be 10-2 if not fucking 11-1 with a win over Vandy which I am not taking for granted at this point. Moral victories are shitty, but it is clear to see Butch has improved the team. He appears to be learning how to corch in games, but he can at least assemble talent. They matched up just fine against Bama and OU.

brick.gif

their best win is over bowling green. CHECK YOUR FACTS @boc. real season ended after the alabama game, and they went 3-4. they gained 254 yards against oklahoma and 303 against bama. thought BUTCH was supposed to be an offensive guy?

iowa is laughing at this schedule since:
@ kentucky
south carolina (27-24 lulz)
north texas (24-0 lulz)
@missouri (19-8 lulz)
vanderbilt

can't wait for them to win a meaningless, pressureless bowl game and again be the hype team in '16. will be a fun offseason for borque.

#57 in total offense, #83 in yards per play
#47 in total defense, #47 in yards per play

squarely in the middle of the pack in those numbers against conference opponents too. he ain't doing shit.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
brick.gif

their best win is over bowling green. CHECK YOUR FACTS @boc. real season ended after the alabama game, and they went 3-4. they gained 254 yards against oklahoma and 303 against bama. thought BUTCH was supposed to be an offensive guy?

iowa is laughing at this schedule since:
@ kentucky
south carolina (27-24 lulz)
north texas (24-0 lulz)
@missouri (19-8 lulz)
vanderbilt

can't wait for them to win a meaningless, pressureless bowl game and again be the hype team in '16. will be a fun offseason for borque.

#57 in total offense, #83 in yards per play
#47 in total defense, #47 in yards per play

squarely in the middle of the pack in those numbers against conference opponents too. he ain't doing shit.

So you say 6-6, they prolly will win 9 games and you are using gay Phil Steele stats to justify urself. brick.gif. The schedule was the same schedule when you made your 6-6 prediction.

You can use all those stats you want. Last year, and the previous 5 years, they got blown off the field against every top 25 team. That was not the case this year even with their youth and tons of injuries. They still have a long way to go, but the trajectory is still headed in the right way.

The real reason they are struggling offensively is because Dobbs fucking sucks. I don't know what's up with that no eyebrow mofo. Hopefully Butch opens up the competition in the spring.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I, for one, am really looking forward to year 2 of Mike DeBord footbaw in Tennessee. I'm sure things will improve greatly!

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
  • Christian Hackenberg does not die behind his OL, but his numbers regress significantly -Boy, I thought I nailed that one after the Temple game, but nope. Completion % went down, YPA went up, INTs went way down.
  • Colorado decides the Pac 12 South race by upsetting someone in the hunt for the title -They were close about 3 times. Maybe next year
  • Stanford struggles to make a bowl -Nope.
  • Notre Dame barely misses the playoff, but clearly would have made it with Everett Golson -Could be in the cards. Do they lose that game against Clemson with Golson? Hard to say.
  • Iowa does not fire Ferentz -Check
  • Texas struggles again, and the locals start to turn on Charlie Strong -Check
  • Colorado State is the team with the biggest swing in W/L record in the country - winning only 3 games -Regressed a bit, but they're going bowling, so this was a miss

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I, for one, am really looking forward to year 2 of Mike DeBord footbaw in Tennessee. I'm sure things will improve greatly!

-YTC
That decision to hire him alone makes me question Butch Jones more than his fucks ups in game management this year. Maybe he will retire this year.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
My predictions:
  1. Bama goes 10-2 with losses to Georgia & Auburn but manages to get to Atlanta because the West has another down year at QB. Nope. Killed UGA. The Iron Bowl will be NSFW.
  2. Auburn's Jeremy Johnson lives up to the hype until October, and the Barners lose 4 straight (@Arkansas, Ole Miss, @Daddy, & Georgia). Johnson did this ahead of schedule.
  3. Georgia makes the playoff after slamming Bama in the Atlanta rematch. Florida going to ATL. GoGata.gif
  4. Arkansas finishes 2nd in the SEC West @NavyHog Nope but tons of unfulfilled potential.
  5. Vernon Adams gets the starting job at Oregon, but the Ducks fall flat against USC & Stanford. Adams numbers comparable to Mariota. Ducks win both games. 1/2 right or 1/2 wrong?
  6. Big Game Bob falls into the playoff by losing to Baylor, beating TCU, and then watching both teams spontaneously combust due to a lack of defense. OU still in the mix.
  7. Dabo finally puts all the pieces together, survives the ACC, and plays in what would be an interesting Georgia/Clemson matchup. Winner of that games wins the title in an upset vs. OSU. Dabo is my Coach of the Year regardless of how the season ends.
Playoff:
  1. THE Ohio State
  2. Georgia Boy, was I wrong!
  3. Clemson
  4. Oklahoma

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lost by one at home to Bama, was up at Starkville in the 4th qtr when they were #1 and closed the season with shutout wins over LSU, Ole Miss, lost a close game at Missouri and then held Texas to 59 yards in the Texas Bowl win. They were in every game last year with the exception of the Auburn game (tied 21-21 at halftime) and UGA.

Return 7 starters on offense, 6 on defense and have legit NFL talent on the OL, TE (your boy Hunter Henry) and the best tandem at TB in all of football. They hired a pretty good MAC coach in Dan Enos as the OC to open up the passing game and they brought in a JUCO WR, Dominque Reed (4.3), that everyone wanted.

I'm not saying they are ready to win the SEC, but you're blinded by the hate for the state you grew up in if you think they are not worthy of a Top 20 ranking.

laugh-michael-scott.gif

Reactions: bjc

Lightningwar

Administrator
Ok lets see how I am doing.

1. Dalvin Cook beats the charges. Still sits out easy games as punishment. Then goes on to rush for 1000 yards. - Somewhat correct. Beat charges, didnt sit, will rush for over 1500 yards.
2. Clemson beats FSU but FSU plays for an ACC championship Nope
3. NDSU wins 5th straight national championship Wait and see
4. SEC is a shitshow this year. 2 loss conference winner doesnt make it over 1 loss Big 12 and ACC team.SEC was a shitshow, still a chance at this one if FSU beats UF and UF beat Bama

Playoff
1. tOSU
2. UCLA
3. TCU
4. GT
Not even close

Paul Finebaum and his listeners animation as 2 loss SEC winner comes in 5th place.Still hoping

3BC7F6559A807D9BE92FA577A328C83D47D5B9A7

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@Lightningwar I hope you're wrong about #3. Actually, I'm 99% positive you will be. They have a VERY tough path to the championship. Four other MVC teams & a pair of CAA teams on their side of the bracket. No home field advantage after the first playoff game.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Lol but they were deserving of a top 20 ranking doe.

ifl7blmrkdzaytgeodle.gif

Laugh if you want (Portland State), but last week if they execute a simple 29 yd FG they would have been in the Top 25 after the Mississippi State game. On the flip side they were extremely lucky to get win on the fluke lateral play at Ole Miss. Just like last year every game was seemingly close and I'm happy with road wins over Tenn, Ole Miss and LSU.

There is real progress happening even as you search for your next snarky gif to post. It was amazing to see the progress of the offense this year even when the Hogs lost 3 of their top 4 WRs from games 1-4. Brandon Allen is 5th in the country in the passing efficiency which no one could have foreseen 2 years ago. This year (3) was better than year 2, and year 2 was better than year 1.

Win the next 2 (and they should smoke Missouri) and they still might make the Top 20.

So here is a gif for you (substitute Jordi for McNulty):

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Good lord, that is completely unreadable

Typical Hog fan response. 6-5 but LOOK AT ALL DA PROGRESS

And Wazzu would smoke Arkansas but good one with that Portland State jab! They're actually in the top 20, which Arkansas can't even sniff.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Good lord, that is completely unreadable

Typical Hog fan response. 6-5 but LOOK AT ALL DA PROGRESS

And Wazzu would smoke Arkansas but good one with that Portland State jab! They're actually in the top 20, which Arkansas can't even sniff.

3-9, 0-8
7-6, 2-6
7-5, 5-3 (I'm assuming they beat Mizzou) with the 3rd highest SOS https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

That is real progress and at Arkansas you need to play the "long game", because we are not talking about a recruiting hotbed. In a good year Arkansas produces 8-12 legit DI athletes (FBS to FCS). So even if incremental, it's tangible progress in terms of wins and with my eye test.

I'm mature enough to admit that Arkansas would struggle to stop WSU spread, but I also think WSU couldn't stop Arkansas either. That is realistic, but as I've come to learn you have no objectivity when you talk about the school in the state you hate. Which is fine I don't care, but I really don't respect your opinion on this topic.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'll wait to hear how 6-5 or even 7-5 is an improvement when you said they would win 9-10 games.

I have no objectivity when I said they'd win 8 games, which they are right on track to do if they play another joke team in the bowl. Sounds good.

TTU's god awful D held Arky to 24 on the road. So yeah, Wazzu would smoke them.

Wooly

3-9, 0-8
7-6, 2-6
7-5, 5-3 (I'm assuming they beat Mizzou) with the 3rd highest SOS https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

That is real progress and at Arkansas you need to play the "long game", because we are not talking about a recruiting hotbed. In a good year Arkansas produces 8-12 legit DI athletes (FBS to FCS). So even if incremental, it's tangible progress in terms of wins and with my eye test.

I'm mature enough to admit that Arkansas would struggle to stop WSU spread, but I also think WSU couldn't stop Arkansas either. That is realistic, but as I've come to learn you have no objectivity when you talk about the school in the state you hate. Which is fine I don't care, but I really don't respect your opinion on this topic.

You're analysis of Arkansas is right on. They are steadily improving.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'll wait to hear how 6-5 or even 7-5 is an improvement when you said they would win 9-10 games.

I have no objectivity when I said they'd win 8 games, which they are right on track to do if they play another joke team in the bowl. Sounds good.

TTU's god awful D held Arky to 24 on the road. So yeah, Wazzu would smoke them.

I never said 9 or 10 wins (although I thought they were capable). Looking at the schedule I thought 8 wins likely with 9 a realistic goal with a couple of breaks.

While we are cherry picking games on the schedule so an FCS team held WAZZOU to 17 on the road. So yeah, Arkansas would smoke them (see how dumb that is?). Both scenarios discounts the premise that neither team improved over the last 2 months.

Iron

Braxton Miller is non-threat at WR for Ohio State, averages 1-2 receptions a game Yep, averages 1.9 per game.
Whoever Ohio State plays at QB wins the Heisman Not even close
Jacoby Brissett is the September Heisman winner Not even close
Oregon starts 3 QBs during the season and is 2-2 entering October Mostly correct
Michigan will be 2-6 entering November Not even close
Two SEC schools lose to a crappy November out of conference opponent So close.
Georgia Southern is 9-0 @ UGA late in the season Nah
Houston wins 10 games Yes

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
  • Minnesota beats one of TCU, Ohio St, or Wisconsin TBD but probably not
  • Oregon finishes outside the top 10 Yup
  • Bama loses 3 games TBD but probably not
  • Someone other than OSU wins the B1G title Likely
  • Anu Solomon leads the nation in passing yards .....not even close
  • Michigan finishes below .500 nope
  • Kirk Ferentz signs an extension (lol jk) I mean....maybe?

Oh, and
  • Minnesota-Duluth wins the D2 title lol no, we suck

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nobody keeps records like that except for schools like Oregon. Once your daddy Phil dies, they will be back to being that school with Donald Duck as a mascot. I love you, brick.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
1) NC State will lose either @ South Alabama or @ Old Dominion, because they're the type of dipshits to schedule to play these plebs on the road

2) Appalachian State will go to their first ever trog bowl game in New Orleans, where I will drink whiskey with @Brick, ripping a hole in the Nutopian misanthrope continuum

3) Clemson wins the Atlantic, not because they're that good but because FSU dips and loses to State on some bullshit

4) I'll watch 8-10 games give or take all year, most of them SEC FOOTTTBAWWW

5) McElwain wins 9 games in his first year at Florida

6) Bret Bielema gets fisted in the back of a Timothy Leary Acid Kool aid van

1) They didn't, but they are about as meh as a power 5 bowl team gets.

2) Still possible. Not sure how Sun Belt divvies up the bowls but if going to NO makes them the conference champion, they'll probably go to some horseshit in Alabama

3) They have and FSU lost to GT on some bullshit. Partial credit.

4) Have watched way more than this, because I've been an anti-social plebe who hates himself. I know way too much

5) McElwain has 10! Mainly because the SEC East is dogshit. This was my lock going into the season anyway.

6) I'm going to say losing to Toledo is pretty much the same thing.