• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB playoffs thread, presented by Segway

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The prediction I heard this morning was:

miss st
fsu
auburn
ole miss
bama

mich st was 11

please be true. I want to see all the tears and whining in here over a poll that doesn't even matter for another month and a half.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
For clarification, I was viewing this as a futures bet sort of thing for the end of the season

Lightningwar

Administrator
My prediction is what comes out tonight wont look like what comes out as the final playoff selection. But the gods of marketing and ESPN dicktate we have to listen to this ever changing playoff selection for the next 11ish weeks.

Wooly

My prediction is what comes out tonight wont look like what comes out as the final playoff selection. But the gods of marketing and ESPN dicktate we have to listen to this ever changing playoff selection for the next 11ish weeks.

True. In fact, ESPN may care more about weeks of ratings from speculation than they do the actual participants, even if it's not their business products, SEC teams.

Brick

The prediction I heard this morning was:

miss st
fsu
auburn
ole miss
bama

mich st was 11

please be true. I want to see all the tears and whining in here over a poll that doesn't even matter for another month and a half.
i won't complain. the committee looks pretty mongtastic to me. not expecting shit.

yeah, let's get ADs who have full time jerbs and spend most of their saturdays attending their schools games, a token military a rep, a token gumbmint celebrity. tyrone fucking willingham.

god forbid we put people like phil steele, chris brown, matt hinton, herbie, etc. guys who make a living analyzing footbaw. on there. former corches that are just fishing would be good too.

this is going to be very bad.

the narrative that they spend all this time watching tape is going to be a flat-out lie. especially the ADs. like they have time for this shit. i doubt they understand the college footbaw landscape and could name more than a number of players on any given team. or coordinators. it's a fucking shame.

Last edited:

Wooly

Condoleeza rice a mong? Never. She watches football she said so.
I will take Condoleeza Rice, a smart impartial observe,r over biased fan boys like Archie Manning. I don't even care if she watches that much, just that she is smart and can be objective with whatever data she has. That alone beats most most of the people involved with CFB, from coaches to ADs. Talk about your mongs. How many big time CFB coaches or ADs (former or not) do you even respect as human beings, let alone want them selecting who gets in.

Of course it won't matter anyway, ESPN will decide who gets in based on marketing alone.

bruin

Archie Manning left the committee to recuperate from knee surgery or some shit. Coincidence his school is having its best season in over 40 years? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
How can you expect the man to watch any football or come up with a top 25 while he is laid up with a bum knee? I mean damn. Y'all just expect him to be out there running marathons and turning cartwheels after knee surgery?

Bama

I predict Baylor will pass TCU in the final edition of the rankings, in order to avoid a Texas/OU 2008 repeat.

Bama
Flazzu
Oregon
Baylor

Lightningwar

Administrator
Im not sold on Bama getting by Auburn and MSU. Something is off about this years team. Might be the Kiff of death.
My current shitshow hope is that Bama loses to Auburn, but beats MSU. MSU loses to Missouri in the SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC championship game. All those teams sit with 2 losses. Everybody else has 1 loss and the SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC network(ESPN) spends the entire month masterbating themselves on how the SEC is so tough no team got out alive. And then discuss the travesty no teams from the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC made it to the playoff.

Wooly

I'm so glad this is going to be so awful.

-YTC

The more awful it is, the more drama there is, the more people pay attention and get emotionally involved, the more ratings go up, the more money ESPN makes, and the more the man/lizard pulling the strings laughs maniacally.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
#1 - Bammer
#2 - Ducks
#3 - FSU
#4 - Ohio Stizzate

TCU and Baylor play each other in BCS game ip so facto no one gives a fuck

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
1. 1976 astronaut war Eagles starring collinsworth
2. 1977 pineville Minutemen starring black curt Warner
3. 197x bil gates garage computer shop intarmutal team coached by Dan Hawkins
4. 1979 astronaut war Eagles starring wilber marshall

Winner owes me 18 years of back child support. Rooting for gates squad.

Bucksin04

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

- OSU jumps FSU to set up a traditional Big Ten-Pac 12 game in the Rose Bowl
- Alabama plays FSU in the Sugar Bowl thereby maintaining the SEC's tie in there.
- Committee justifies OSU over TCU at 3 by saying OSU would have been ranked 3 last week, but uncertainty due to Barrett's injury forced them to drop OSU to 5. Now that OSU looked impressive with Jones at QB, their thoughts that OSU is #3 in the country is now confirmed.

Book it. Done deal.

Brick

TCU Vs Big XII
SCORING: 47.6-20.3 (+27.3)
YARDAGE: 545.6-406.4 (NET +139.2)

Baylor Vs Big XII
SCORING: 45.3-24.2 (NET +21.1)
YARDAGE: 557-416.6 (NET +140.4)

Come on, ESPN. It took me 5 minutes to put that together.

To me, looks pretty even to me. I know that doesn't account for the TCU EYE TEST advantage, but shit.

Who cares whom the Big XII crowned as champions? They had equal league records and Baylor beat TCU. It's not hard.

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

- OSU jumps FSU to set up a traditional Big Ten-Pac 12 game in the Rose Bowl
- Alabama plays FSU in the Sugar Bowl thereby maintaining the SEC's tie in there.
- Committee justifies OSU over TCU at 3 by saying OSU would have been ranked 3 last week, but uncertainty due to Barrett's injury forced them to drop OSU to 5. Now that OSU looked impressive with Jones at QB, their thoughts that OSU is #3 in the country is now confirmed.

Book it. Done deal.
I agree with this, because the committee is going to look at match ups as much as ranking.

I could see them jumping Oregon to 1, and if they do that, FSU/OSU will be 3/4. They aren't gonna touch Baylor/TCU after OSU bailed them out. An SEC/ACC Sugar and B1G/PAC Rose will appeal to traditionalists.

...I hate this new committee. Feels way more political than the BCS ever did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brick

i love how oregon beating arizona is an argument for tcu being over baylor.

holy shit. i didn't know teams playing a second time could produce a different result.

if the Big XII had a championship game, baylor and TCU would probably be in the same division given proximity and wouldn't play each other again. it would be an alabama/mizzou championship game.

baylor would be put in the championship game because head to head, and no one would bat an eye. TCU DIDNT EVEN WIN THEIR OWN DIVISION would be the meme.

burn this shit down.

matt millen: "the baylor/tcu game was a coin-flip, whoever had the ball last was going to win."

uh, they came back from 21 points down.

Chase

ESPN's pandering got Ohio State get in. TCU going from 3 to 6 is just brutal and makes absolutely no sense. Alabamer/Flazzu MNC DONE DEAL.

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
ESPN's pandering got Ohio State get in. TCU going from 3 to 6 is just brutal and makes absolutely no sense. Alabamer/Flazzu MNC DONE DEAL.
Maybe... I don't think it's the pandering... I just don't think the committee wanted to choose between Baylor/TCU, so when OSU gave them an out, they took it. Though, the fact that they knew ESPN would fellate this decision probably didn't hurt.

Chase

Maybe... I don't think it's the pandering... I just don't think the committee wanted to choose between Baylor/TCU, so when OSU gave them an out, they took it. Though, the fact that they knew ESPN would fellate this decision probably didn't hurt.

I'm willing to say they have extreme influence over this since it's their creation. And there was no chance of an Alabama/Florida State playing each other in a semi final. That's the game they're dying to have for all the marbles/tostitios
And all of these teams suck, too.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If you don't think E$PN had influence in this decision, I've got some ocean front property in Columbus that I want to sell you.

Bdub

For all the ESPN pandering for Ohio St, fowler is grilling the committee about it.

kingssc

Lol at erby considering Wiscy a good team. Who did they beat this year, and they lost to a 5-7 team.

Brick

the people are wrong about "moving TCU down from #3 to #6" doe @Travis7401

ohio state crushed wisconsin, its second best win behind michigan state, and most impressive win
baylor beat kansas state, its second best win behind TCU
TCU beat iowa state, a winless big xii team

major pieces were left off tOSU and baylor's resume.

tcu wasn't penalized. they just had nothing else left to do. their important games just happened to be earlier in the season.

espn and #brand pushed tOSU into the #4 spot. they have pretty much no argument to get in there over baylor or TCU instead of HERRR IMPROVED OVER THE SEASON MOAR THAN ANY TEAM DURRRRR CORCH MEYER DURRRR EYE TEST DURR. the big ten is a horrible league.