• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Copa America Centenario

NML

Kicks off in three weeks, with friendlies starting next week. Hooray!

Argentina and Messi are the favorites, with a Neymar-less Brazil and reigning champs Brazil right behind. Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, and the US would be the dark horses.

US need to avoid Brazil, ideally, for the quarters. Either by both winning their groups or both getting second. That sets up a winnable game against (likely) Ecuador. Then it's the semi's and anything can happen.

I've seen nothing recently from the USMNT to suggest they will over perform, but they actually have the third best odds to win the whole thing. I'm slightly more optimistic about club form - a backline of FabJo, Brooks, Cameron, and Yedlin have been playing well at high levels. We have a bunch of in form strikers. Even YERMAINE YONES can't stop scoring.

I still think the most likely outcome is a very meh group stage performance where they get second and knocked out by Brazil in the quarters.

I'll take Argentina over Chile in the final.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I wonder if some Brazilians will defect. Zika is clearly a product of the US military

NML

Messicans roster. Gio declined the call up

Goalkeepers (3): Guillermo Ochoa (Malaga), Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)
Defenders (9): Paul Aguilar (Club America), Miguel Layun (Porto), Rafa Marquez (Atlas), Diego Reyes (Real Sociedad), Nestor Araujo (Santos Laguna), Hector Moreno (PSV), Yasser Corona (Queretaro), Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres), Jesus Molina (Santos Laguna)
Midfielders (8): Jesus Manuel Corona (Porto), Hector Herrera (Porto), Hirving Lozano (Pachuca), Andres Guardado (PSV), Carlos Pena (Chivas), Jurgen Damm (Tigres), Javier Aquino (Tigres), Jesus Duenas (Tigres)
Forwards (3): Javier Hernandez (Bayer Leverkusen), Raul Jimenez (Benfica), Oribe Peralta (Club America)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Am I alone here in not caring at all about this tournament? I'm vaguely interested to see how the US does against non CONCACAF teams, but I probably won't watch any of the games. I'm much more interested in the Euros, even though that tournament will suck until the knockout rounds (Thanks, Platini :emo: ).

NML

I'll watch both. It's fucking fantastic actually because I won't be working and will have games from noon to midnight.

fap.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Should be pretty neat. I'm probably rooting for Chile bc USA has no chance, but should be fun to see the teams play each other outside of WC. If it goes really well I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this every 4 years, but I realize club commitments and stuff may make that less than likely.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
And then the bandwagon either increases or decreases by 50% depending on if Columbia pushes our shit in or not.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
3xVVkc.png

ZBzqg8.png

jdPIHy.png

T8CAG3.png

4mAyxH.png

POtqcK.png

BZfE8b.png

guntcV.png

Cp1tcr.png

9JKVmf.png

PxPtPF.png

8twIpr.png

CmQ2Oa.png

TiHk0n.png

FTqTir.png

rlGoqq.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Where to stream? Uni?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm not super convinced. Is it a stretch to say that at all 11 positions, Colombia has better players than us? Oof.

Heisman06

Lineup predictions? Back four seems pretty set at Fabian, Brooks, Cameron and Yedlin. Midfield is some combo of Bradley, Beckerman and Jones. I'd like to see Pulisic start but he seems to be getting eased in.

Snorky's Shame

Going to all the games in Chicago. Probably will be a half full Soldier Field for Jamaica-Venezuela.

That was quick, giving up an early goal where have I seen this before?

Snorky's Shame

My shorthand predictions

Group A: Colombia, United States, Costa Rica, Paraguay
Group B: Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, Haiti
Group C: Mexico, Uruguay, Jamaica, Venezuela
Group D: Argentina, Chile, Panama, Bolivia

Quarterfinals:

Colombia over Ecuador
Brazil over United States
Mexico over Chile
Argentina over Uruguay

Semifinals:

Argentina over Colombia
Mexico over Brazil

Third Place:

Colombia over Brazil

Final:

Argentina over Mexico

This tournament rarely goes chalk though.

Keep in mind there is no extra-time until the final. If a game ends tied after 90 minutes in the quarters and semis, it goes straight to PK's.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
USA getting eliminated by Brazil in the knockout rounds? I'll take it. A fair conclusion.

Snorky's Shame

I'm not sure the US will even get that far.

The bright side is the US always seems to get a good result in Chicago and I'm not sure Paraguay is taking this tournament seriously.

NML

Three games today, including Brazil tonight.

Best the US can hope for is a draw this afternoon and Ecuador getting a result vs Brazil (who the US is hoping to avoid).

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Doesn't look like a good crowd in Orlando (less than an Orlando match)... was very curious to see how this thing will do attendance wise.

NML

That half couldn't have gone much better from a US standpoint. Absolutely awful for a viewer though.

More good news is that neither team looks threatening at all.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I thought we had no chance, but my God these teams are heinous.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A fine header there.

NML

Unless one of these teams beats Colombia (lol), US needs just four points to advance.

Snorky's Shame

Doesn't look like a good crowd in Orlando (less than an Orlando match)... was very curious to see how this thing will do attendance wise.

In Chicago:

Jamaica-Venezuela will be half full at best. Lower bowl seats were going for $6 on StubHub
USA-Costa Rica will sellout
Argentina-Panama will sellout or close to it
Semifinal depends on the teams. if one of Argentina, Brazil, Mexico or the US plays in it, it will sellout.

NML

First six minutes of this game have been more exciting than the other three matches.

NML

15k in Orlando. 53k for the Brazil/Ecuador match.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There is nobody at this Venezuela game

NML

Yeah - it's probably the worst match of the tournament (or Peru/Haiti). Still, would like to see a better showing when we're trying to host a World Cup.

I don't know a single player on Venezula other than Rondon. Jamaica still in this. Blake's a boss.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That guy with the ponytail is like 50. Has been playing for them forever.

NML

Is it at Soldier or Toyota Park?

Having these in yuge footbaw stadiums doesn't help either.

Snorky's Shame

Is it at Soldier or Toyota Park?

Having these in yuge footbaw stadiums doesn't help either.

Soldier Field.

There's more people on the non-tv side which is in the shade. Tv side is the sun side. They've closed off the third deck on the Tv side.

Officially 25,560.

Last edited: