• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Football - Nobody cares about your fantasy football team so shut up about it

Heisman06

Different leagues but these are my decisions this week.

Julius Randle or Crowell
Ryan Mathews or Alfred Blue
Vereen or Tevin Coleman

I'm also very weak at TE (starting Dwayne Allen) but could get Rudolph or Eifert on waivers. Thoughts?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd go Randle (unless the matchup really favors Crowell), Blue, and Coleman. Coleman is the only real hard choice among those, I think.

Heisman06

I'd go Randle (unless the matchup really favors Crowell), Blue, and Coleman. Coleman is the only real hard choice among those, I think.

Randle is pretty much locked in. I have Blue starting but that's gonna be a slugfest when a low over/under. Philly/ATL has the highest O/U and although Mathews is a backup, he's likely to get a TD IMO.

The tougher choice is Vereen/Coleman. I lean Coleman bc he's starting in a game that's an expected shoot out but I like Vereen's matchup against the Cowboys. Vereen probably has the higher floor.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I wouldn't trust Mathews until you see how that offense spreads carries. Sproles is still there, right? He'll probably be the 3rd down back, which will eat into Mathews carries. Blue is at least the nominal starter. He should get touches.

Heisman06

Trade I was offered in my stupid 8-man league:

Demaryius, Jeremy Hill and Mike Evans coming to me in return for me sending him Dez, Justin Forsett and Arian Foster.

Thoughts? Demaryius isn't too much of a downgrade to Dez (this is standard) but Hill is a clear upgrade over Forsett. The hard part is getting rid of Arian who I got late but I'm a big fan of Evans.

MSUFanatic

Trade I was offered in my stupid 8-man league:

Demaryius, Jeremy Hill and Mike Evans coming to me in return for me sending him Dez, Justin Forsett and Arian Foster.

Thoughts? Demaryius isn't too much of a downgrade to Dez (this is standard) but Hill is a clear upgrade over Forsett. The hard part is getting rid of Arian who I got late but I'm a big fan of Evans.

I hate Evans personally - him and Vjax had basically identical years last year sans TDs. Evans already having hammy issues as well.

Heisman06

I told him I'd do Demaryius/Hill for Dez/Forsett. I would even be willing to throw in DJax bc he's my 6th WR but I can't sacrifice my RB depth.

Heisman06

I'm settled on my starters besides choosing between Vereen or Coleman as one of my flexes. Giants play on SNF and Coleman on MNF so at least I have time to decide. Was originally leaning Vereen but leaning more towards Coleman now.

Herrb

Should I start Decker, Garcon or Terrance Williams instead?
If you bench Alshon, those three are pretty close to equals. I would lean Garcon.

Keep in mind there was a game last year, I think, Alshon made some plays on a bum leg. New coaching staff this year and it's week 1.

worst2first

It looks like my instincts about Tyler Eifert paid off. I hope it's a sign of things to come and not a one off performance.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
@tab10 I will get you your money this week.

This it the first time I am in multiple money leagues and I don't like it. I really like having one league to focus on.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
@Brick looks like I'm going 1-1 this week. And in the victory, I left Abdullah and Sankey on the bench. Still likely going to have the highest points in the league.

worst2first

I'm up 8.58 on @tab10 so it all comes down to how Tevin Coleman plays tomorrow night. Sammy Watkins bringing in 0 points didn't help me this week. I hate my WRs so much.

worst2first

Perhaps I can interest you in a WR For RB swap

I don't know. I'll probably just ride it out with what I have. Forte and Morris did well but C.J. Anderson was a bust and I never completely trust a Broncos RB for some reason. My only other running back is Matt Jones so I wouldn't feel good trading someone.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Holy christ. I lost as many fantasy football games yesterday as all of last year(2). Jackson going down in the first qtr sealed my fate in one league. The Broncos sucking ass on offense killed me in the other. Yeah I wasn't thinking when drafting Manning, Sanders, and Anderson on the same team. First game of the year and my nightmare came true.

Luckily it appears Mariotta can troll up the league and Kendall Wright will be a solid late round pick. Rashaad Greene with my last pick may also be a sleeper like KB was last year.

S

Sink

All three of my leagues will be determined tonight. I'm in a good position to win them all, but one or two freak performances could kill me.

Guy I dont know in 1 of my leagues today offers me Carson Palmer and De Hopkins for Aaron Rodgers and Dez Bryant. No.

I countered with an offer of Cody Parkey for Antonio Brown and OBJ, with a note "go fuck yourself"

MSUFanatic

Guy I dont know in 1 of my leagues today offers me Carson Palmer and De Hopkins for Aaron Rodgers and Dez Bryant. No.

I countered with an offer of Cody Parkey for Antonio Brown and OBJ, with a note "go fuck yourself"

Wait he offered you Hopkins and Palmer? I would actually consider that if he had a better QB. No way Dez is back in < 8 weeks.

worst2first

Barring a stat adjustment I held on to beat @tab10 104.14 to 103.56. Near the end of the Falcons - Eagles game I thought for sure that I was going to lose.

Who is brent? 118.94 is pretty ridiculous in a 12 team league. I usually feel that if I can get close to 100 I've got a good chance of winning.

I won pretty easily in my other league but the guy I face next week scored 144 (10 team league though) and will be tough to beat.

Heisman06

Barring a stat adjustment I held on to beat @tab10 104.14 to 103.56. Near the end of the Falcons - Eagles game I thought for sure that I was going to lose.

Who is brent? 118.94 is pretty ridiculous in a 12 team league. I usually feel that if I can get close to 100 I've got a good chance of winning.

I won pretty easily in my other league but the guy I face next week scored 144 (10 team league though) and will be tough to beat.

Brent is @Texacotea. I regret inviting him to play right now haha.

worst2first

I've thought about it but I keep hearing and seeing advertisements and a little voice tells me "someone is paying for all that air time". Common sense should tell you that a lot more people have to lose than win for them to turn a profit.

Schauwn

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...h-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football

These limits seem almost laughably nonrestrictive until you understand how top players operate. Analysis from Rotogrinders conducted for Bloomberg shows that the top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average.

RJAFan6

I've thought about it but I keep hearing and seeing advertisements and a little voice tells me "someone is paying for all that air time". Common sense should tell you that a lot more people have to lose than win for them to turn a profit.
Yeah, I hear thats what strays a lot of people away. I've done draftkings for over a year now, and have had mild success at best. But I've found that going to smaller sites is a much better avenue to go. Less tournaments to enter and smaller payouts, but the small name site has less people at, meaning overlay in just about every contest. I'll be sticking with that route from now on.

MSUFanatic

Schauwn

Very interesting article - I feel like it would be fairly easy to get a predictive algorithm down for baseball since it is so statistically driven, but football seems so hit or miss. I haven't played any DFS, but would like to at some point this season just for shits. I wouldn't go into it thinking I could win millions rather just entertainment.
If you go into with this mindset, then you're two steps ahead of the trogs that think they can put $20 down and win a million dollars with a big check.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It doesn't matter because 98% of the money is going to be won by Nate Silver wantabes who live in their parent's basement writing algorithms to maximize their roster's value.

So, the moral of the story here, Bart, is never try.

RJAFan6

A buddy of mine said draftkings was better but I've only seen/read stuff from other fantasy players.
Draftkings is nice, just to many fucking people. I recently found fantasydraft.com, Smaller tourneys, less people = overlay = easier chance at $. Lots of freerolls too with chances to win "fantasycash." They also have a cool referral program, where if you refer someone and then they refer someone, you get credit for both of their entry fees.

Gooksta

Read an article where draftkings allows their big accounts put in as many entries as they want.. guys putting in over a thousand entries for the Sunday millions... Lame

RJAFan6

Read an article where draftkings allows their big accounts put in as many entries as they want.. guys putting in over a thousand entries for the Sunday millions... Lame
I dont know how true this is. Ive actually looked into this on my own. Looking at some of the biggest names in the industry (rotogrinders has a ranking list) and the most I've seen was 400 some (max in the milly maker is 500). Now 98% of those guys use a script for putting in lineups and its all done automatically which to me is a little (just a little) shady.

Even then, I really think if you guys are interested in DFS, you should check out fantasydraft.com. Identical scoring to DK and the roster formation is this

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1Def

Gooksta

I dont know how true this is. Ive actually looked into this on my own. Looking at some of the biggest names in the industry (rotogrinders has a ranking list) and the most I've seen was 400 some (max in the milly maker is 500). Now 98% of those guys use a script for putting in lineups and its all done automatically which to me is a little (just a little) shady.

Even then, I really think if you guys are interested in DFS, you should check out fantasydraft.com. Identical scoring to DK and the roster formation is this

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1Def
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...h-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football

DraftKings and FanDuel are testing new ways to make less successful players feel comfortable and enhance the impression that games are fair and winnable. For the massive tournaments whose prizes regularly top $1 million, both websites now limit the number of entries from a single player. FanDuel put a cap of about 1,000 entries on big football tournaments this year. For DraftKings's "Millionaire Maker" tournament, players are limited to 500 entries at the $10 level.
These limits seem almost laughably nonrestrictive until you understand how top players operate. Analysis from Rotogrinders conducted for Bloomberg shows that the top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average.