• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Gooksta

So i started another league. Let my assitant gm do all the coach hirings, draft and free agency. Let the managers do their own lineups (for the most part, ill do force start on guys who i feel should play.) But its worked out. Hired an assistant gm who liked speed guys and he has done pretty well. Its been intersting. Its like being an owner. He has 2 bad contracts that will probably come back to kick us in the ass. But im gonna see what happens. There are 2 inexperienced coaches he hired for minor league teams, and the locker rooms are a shit show. Lol

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is the part where a more active owner would post a retalitory gif, possibly involving Mike Leach, but since Buffalo doesn't have one of those, we'll have to just use our imaginations.

LEACH-F-U.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Final 2018 feature/fix list released this mroing:

Major Changes
- 2017 projected rosters for MLB, MiLB and several international and independent leagues
- Added Challenge Mode & online user profiles, achievements and leaderboards
- Added Tournaments (WBC, Olympics and custom tournaments)
- Added Arizona Fall League support
- Added ability to retain contracts in player trades
- Added support for team promotion & relegation between leagues
- Improved and upgraded 3D, including caps on player pawns and much better looking 3D ballparks
- 3D Movements for simulated games may now be stored and replayed (needs game recaps as well)
- Added 3D game higlight reels
- Added Negro Leagues to the historical minor league database
- Revamped Injury System

Smaller Changes
- 7-day lineups now support double-headers
- Can now name manager of the year award
- Game logs and WPA graphs are only generated as-needed (with an option to generate all that are missing)
- Broadcast ball animation now works if sounds are disabled
- Adjusted human running success rates
- Added the option to mass adjust financial figures in league setup by a factor X
- New playoff modes: Modified Double-Elimination, Round-Robin. Added ability to prevent tiebreakers in a league.
- More dynamic morale system
- Updated team chemistry system + added new team chemistry page
- New player list view: Personality+Morale
- Added the option to have associtation draft order sort by winning pct, by league level + winning pct or entirely random
- Adjusted pitcher fatigue replies
- Adjusted Owner Goals
- Adjusted outrageous contract demands
- Coaches / managers are now much more less likely to move to an unaffiliated league in a foreign country.
- Improved import speed for historical minor leagues
- Added support for import of individual historical minor leaguers
- More free agents will be willing to sign minor league contracts with major league options
- Online profile that will save played seasons and achievements
- Online league files now in ZIP format instead of tar/gz
- Smoother widgets during games
- More accurate triples and HR locations based on individual parks
- Added more fielder positioning options. Adjusted fielder positioning and AI.
- Added option to have the AI set up the initial fielder positions for you to adjust later. Added keyboard shortcuts to switch between shift options.
- Added support for displaying splits & double-splits stats in the team stats sections of the league stats screen
- Added support for the overall ratings to be on 20-80 scale in increments of 5
- Added support for importing and exporting retired numbers and their description
- Added uniform number history for players
- Improved roster and transaction AI
- Improved in-game AI
- Fictional player creation has been improved in a number of ways to be more realisic and resulting in a very stable league environment
- Improved player development & aging, resulting in more realistic careers

Bug fixes (excerpt)
- Awards now given out for final month of the season if it ends before the end of the month
- Players in minor league rehab no longer count against minor league roster limits
- Fixed time in the schedule editor to handle noon-times properly
- Fixed case where players in DFA would not show up in rule 5 eligible players
- Fixed case where left-handed throwing players would show position ratings on the infield
- Fixed vs LH/vs RH games started stats
- Adjusted arbitration estimates for multiple future years
- Adjusted player contracts AI
- Fixed Facegen player jersey "button tape" problem
- Fixed crash when viewing 3D with detailed PBP and a WP/PB happens
- Fixed case where players on rehab assignments might not be listed as available for the playoff roster
- Fixed crash when resuming a game by simulating which started as being played out
- Player stats import & export now supports splits

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Dual-nationalities is another addition. @Yankee151

The injury system has been tweaked, as well.

Some injuries are nagging and more likely to develop over time, maybe turn into bigger issues.

We're far more specific as far as what body parts are injured, and multiple injuries to specific body parts can create problems over time.

We adjusted the time and effects of some injuries, the db was significantly re-worked.

We track more in regard to injuries now.

There are more decisions for the manager/gm as to whether to have a player play through injuries or get treated and have them miss time.

I think that's most of it, but that's just off the top of my head. I may be missing some stuff or be wrong about something.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Those promotion relegation futbol nerds are almost as bad as the historical dweebs in how bad they poop on online league features. Screw them all.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Round Robin playoffs please, so I don't have to hear anymore 4th place bitching

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
oh shit, it's time? downloading nao. Bout to see how great the 4 seeds are in 18

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If you pre-ordered you have it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0199/
We know you're excited too, and that's why we're now offering Out of the Park Baseball 18 for $35.99, a 10% discount off the full retail price. But make sure you place your pre-order now, because this deal is only available until March 23! You'll also get access to the Gold Master version of the game on Monday, March 20, 4 days before its March 24 release date.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Adjusted outrageous contract demands
More free agents will be willing to sign minor league contracts with major league options
Online league files now in ZIP format instead of tar/gz

Those were the 3 that stood out to me to me

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
and is adding Arizona Fall League possible? IF it ran concurred with playoffs, would increase IMMERSION for non-playoff teams.

I imagine if it's like REEL life, then all teams would be controlled by the CPU and the CPU would pick players.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Really? File format stood out to you :laughing:

does zip compress more? otherwise they are the same

.gz was designed to only compress files. So, in order to create a compressed archive, you first have to create an archive using the .tar util as an example. Once that's done, you will then compress said archive.
.zip takes care of both of these in one swift action.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
.gz was designed to only compress files. So, in order to create a compressed archive, you first have to create an archive using the .tar util as an example. Once that's done, you will then compress said archive.
But who cares?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
IW8simF.gif

So I checked Dam's chemistry page and it doesn't help at all. I have 8 or more disruptive guys and 8 or more guys who don't handle losing well. So it just shows me in a different way that you have to win to not have a bunch of teenagers throwing chairs in the clubhouse

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
and is adding Arizona Fall League possible? IF it ran concurred with playoffs, would increase IMMERSION for non-playoff teams.

I imagine if it's like REEL life, then all teams would be controlled by the CPU and the CPU would pick players.
Much like A-ball, people wouldn't pay attention to it.