• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

League Evolution (NEW ARB CONTRACT RULE IN OP)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Changed 4/26

ARB CONTRACTS

Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time and must at least be equal to the arbitration estimate. Pre-arbitration contracts have a maximum length of 5 years.

If a player has gone through an arbitration hearing, the buyout of each future arbitration eligible year must be equal to or greater than the amount awarded to the player.

Example:
Player was awarded $7 million in arbitration in 2022
Correctly structured contract extension: 2023 $7m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $7m
Incorrectly structured contract extension: 2023 $6m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $8m or 2023 $4m, 2024 $5m, 2025 $6m

Contracts will be reviewed and altered to equal arbitration award

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think so too, but I just lifted the modifiers I have right now from a few guys on the forums so I thought I'd get opinions. I guess if there are any other things like Radford's hate for the base stealing situation we can discuss that too.

Just wanted to open something for macro league type stuff because we don't have enough threads since kella hasn't bant me yet

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Raise the mound twelve inches and give me six no-hitters a year. :thumbsup:

I'm good doe. Never a fan of changing rules of the game in midstream.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm fine with how players age.

I hope 2016 has more of "I won't sign, I want to be a FA" is my only real wish.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So to do monthly reports I'd like to clean up the database after every season leaving the last report. Here is the difference. If you can live with it I'll turn monthly reports back on.

What we have now
jhEoBRc.png

Cleaned up version

2nJVJ5o.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
whatever is clever.. I wasnt aware we reduced the reporting system - it slipped my mind

It just adds 10mb throughout the year, but if we cleaned it up after every season leaving the last report it wouldn't be an issue.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Why does file size matter? Just curious. I thought we figured out it didnt.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why does file size matter? Just curious. I thought we figured out it didnt.

It says it doesn't, but if we go over 40mb the upload goes to whatever % 40mb is and then resets. So like last year it was 49mb at the end, it would go to 82% and reset to 0% and count to 18% before it uploaded. It is probably nothing but it still worries me. At the end of the day I don't think having monthly reports from 5 years ago is a big deal anyway and if it chops the file size down 30% then why not do it just to be more efficient?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I agree. I like the monthly reports that season, but after that don't care.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If nobody objects by tomorrow, I'll turn monthly reports back on and clean up the past years

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I just responded in the main thread but I like this idea. If the purging can happen after the annual almanac is generated, I like it utmost.

(Not sure I can defend why I want this data in the almanac, except I think it would be helpful to go back and look at how players progressed vs. the scouting report.)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just responded in the main thread but I like this idea. If the purging can happen after the annual almanac is generated, I like it utmost.

(Not sure I can defend why I want this data in the almanac, except I think it would be helpful to go back and look at how players progressed vs. the scouting report.)

Well you have everything up to Jan 1 2046, so I'll just keep it going until the new year and purge then.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Wendell Gee would you be interested in this? Just saw it on the OOTP forums. Obviously I'd give you the almanac too if you wanted but I would think just having each season in-game would make it a lot easier on you. All the data would be in there for that season.

"i make a copy of the league file following every postseason. I find that easier/better/quicker than using the almanac. This way I have absolutely everything with no chance of losing anything.

And everytime a new version of OOTP comes out I convert each season file to the new version to take advantage of the upgrades. This should give me progressive playoff leaderboards with OOTP16. You can't do that kind of stuff with the almanac."

hblfiles.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah so you'd have saved files for each year. When you wanted to reminisce you'd just load the WBL 2045 save and look around at whatever.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So we need to move the feeder season so stats show up in the draft pool. What do you guys want to do? There are two easy options that come to mind quickly

1) Move the off-season back to the beginning of the off-season, don't get player discounts this way.
2) Move feeder league season to decemberish

I think the feeder league season has to be in session when the draft pool is released. If anybody has something else, let me know I'm open to ideas.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can't you just use the last season split?

No split option for the draft pool page. That's the problem. I technically need to test this to even see if it would work, but my test league crashes OOTP now so I'm too lazy

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Abstain, don't understand the issue or solutions. Not your fault @OU11, I couldn't PERT my way out of a paper bag.

If you are in-game and go to the draft pool, then select "show hs/col stats" nothing shows up. It has upset our Radford Pear and it is a decently big issue. I'm thinking that the problem is that the feeder seasons end before the draft pool is announced and if that is the case we'd need to align them properly. As it stands the feeder season ends around a month after the WBL playoffs IIRC. So that's where option one comes in, we'd just move all our off-season business to the front instead of the end. If we wanted to stay in the preseason we'd have to move feeders back to decemberish to account for it. I'm actually not sure how long their seasons last exactly, but you probably get the idea.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
People hate the playoffs if they aren't in it, I think moving the draft back to the end of the season would help that out and wouldn't really hamper the IFA/FA interest since every team is involved there. Plus I think it would help with @Mr. Radpants' concerns with the draft pool stats

Thoughts?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
People check out late in they season, having the draft pool might help.

Then again, will GMs see studs in the draft and Tankee their heads off?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
People check out late in they season, having the draft pool might help.

Then again, will GMs see studs in the draft and Tankee their heads off?

Another thing is it will still use the previous year's record, so tanking at the end would do nothing for that year's draft

jdlikewhoa

Sounds like it'll set up a situation where we never finish drafts in time, but whatever you'll guys want.