• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

League Evolution (NEW ARB CONTRACT RULE IN OP)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Mr. Radpants

The problem is definitely the league's season not being before the draft. Feeders will be inched up every year so they finish before the draft. I can also put the draft pool out 200 days in advance if I want to so the league can start in february eventually. I can only change the feeder start date in the preseason so it will be two years before it's set up correctly.

K7ijhOq.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Let's move this shit in here.

Do you guys want to lower the max years for a contract from 10 to 6?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't mind 10 for post arb/FA contracts, just no buying out FA years before say, 2 years of service time because otherwise the arb estimate given will be fake.

Reactions: doh

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I'd agree to 6 years max, but with a stipulation of at least 2 years service time in ML.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't mind 10 for post arb/FA contracts, just no buying out FA years before say, 2 years of service time because otherwise the arb estimate given will be fake.

That involves house rule, if I make it across the board there is a setting for that and nobody has to police.

I think 6 is a good number honestly, I can't think of a reason people would really care about lowering it but I'm sure some would. If anybody has a good reason for contracts 6+ years long enlighten me

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Doh would self police it even if we come up with a formula that required Excel.

I wanted to police him back after this weekend but he only gives awful contracts so oh well.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
fine but I already offered Lopez 6 and I'm not withdrawing it. I went above arb estimation though.

First contract can be max 5 years, @doh police away

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I really don't think changing the max lengths of a contract does anything/has anything to do with this whole issue/solves anything.

What Yankee said I think is true. I don't think any arb/FA should be bought out until at minimum guys are between 1-2 years of service. If it was up to me, they'd need minimum 2 years service. The game just doesn't know how to deal with it. It's much worse than the "20% rule" and I'm fine abolishing the 20% rule if we allow the Rad contracts to happen.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really don't think changing the max lengths of a contract does anything/has anything to do with this whole issue/solves anything.

What Yankee said I think is true. I don't think any arb/FA should be bought out until at minimum guys are between 1-2 years of service. If it was up to me, they'd need minimum 2 years service. The game just doesn't know how to deal with it. It's much worse than the "20% rule" and I'm fine abolishing the 20% rule if we allow the Rad contracts to happen.

Well luckily I know that having the big contracts later means that you're most likely wrong.

In previous versions if you signed a guy for 4.2M to buy out arb it would decrease his next contract amount. In 16 that doesn't happen. If we change the max length it does solve the big problem of buying out FA years.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
To be clear I don't mind buying out FA years as long as there's a player page arb estimate (2+years) there to make sure it's grounded the right way

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't get the comparison to the TO rule.
Why have a house rule against exploiting the AI of the game for that yet nothing for this? If we aren't going to have a house rule for exploiting the AI for these less than 30-40 days of service deals, let's just have no house rules.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
whatever i'm done debating i vote yes

It has already passed.

I do think we should wait for 1 year of service time though, Rad really did find a pretty huge loophole that is really significant.

I can sign Bret Nutball Johnson for 735k right now for 5 years. If I bring him up this year I'd be buying out two arb years of a really good player. It's what rad did basically by not allowing the arb estimates to work.

I'm on doh's side now, but I don't think we should have to wait 2 years. I think one would suffice.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To be clear I don't mind buying out FA years as long as there's a player page arb estimate (2+years) there to make sure it's grounded the right way
I really don't think this makes the difference you think it does. In fact I would argue Rad wouldnt pay more more if anything for Pendragon at that point. I don't think his estimate would shoot up to $10m.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Why have a house rule against exploiting the AI of the game for that yet nothing for this? If we aren't going to have a house rule for exploiting the AI for these less than 30-40 days of service deals, let's just have no house rules.
You act like we have been ignoring it forever. This is really the first time its happened this early and we are working on it. Quit being a hyperdohlist.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Updated the FAQ, this is what we are going with from this point forward. If it still needs working on we'll work on it but I think this is a good start.

ARB CONTRACTS

Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time and must at least be equal to the arbitration estimate. Pre-arbitration contracts have a maximum length of 5 years.

If a player has gone through an arbitration hearing, the buyout of each future arbitration eligible year must be equal to or greater than the amount awarded to the player.

Example:
Player was awarded $7 million in arbitration in 2022
Correctly structured contract extension: 2023 $7m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $7m
Incorrectly structured contract extension: 2023 $6m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $8m or 2023 $4m, 2024 $5m, 2025 $6m

Contracts will be reviewed and altered to equal arbitration award

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I am for abolishing the 80% rule, a 5 year first contract max and waiting for the player page arb estimate.

Edit: :thumbsup: @OU11

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't really need you guys to post if you're for it or not, I'm just making the rules now because they're good for the league. Dictatorship ftw

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm going to link these threads and apply to be an OOTP beta tester. Would love to get Markus as worked up as doh.

I love his German twitter profile, go Bomber Bears.

Murakami-Leser. Kochlöffel-Schwinger. Ohne-Musik-Nicht-Leben-Könner. 'Wieso ist der Sake schon wieder leer?'-Sager. OOTP-Developer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't really need you guys to post if you're for it or not, I'm just making the rules now because they're good for the league. Dictatorship ftw
Well I was posting that before you just up and made the rule :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I was posting that before you just up and made the rule :laughing:

Yeah I got to thinking about it and I saw that nutball was asking for the same 735 meaning it really is something you can cheat. The AI lags in updating demands so it only makes sense to wait for a year of service time

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also if anybody messes the arb contracts up, the "punishment" will just be making it legal.

Schauwn

Not trying to stir things up, but why not be allowed to offer less than their arb deal? If they're willing to take less, why not? I dont think this is something that could be exploited, guys aren't going to go from 7m to 3m

Schauwn

Maybe I'm not being clear...

"Incorrectly structured contract extension: 2023 $6m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $8m or 2023 $4m, 2024 $5m, 2025 $6m"

Why would that be illegal? I dont think many players would be willing to take the deal anyways, but what's the harm?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Because it's less than what he made in arb the previous year. I think that rule is kind unecessary now as I don't think the game allows you to do it anymore, but its still worth keeping there

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We had issues in past versions of the game where you could game the system if the player still had a year of arb left after his first contract. Like Yankee said, I don't think it's an issue anymore, but there is no reason not to keep it.

Schauwn

That's what I'm saying tho, I dont think it's an issue any more, so why have the rule. If a guy is willing to take less than his arb (which we agree is unlikely) then why limit it, I dont think we're going to be able to take guys for millions on their second contract...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's what I'm saying tho, I dont think it's an issue any more, so why have the rule. If a guy is willing to take less than his arb (which we agree is unlikely) then why limit it, I dont think we're going to be able to take guys for millions on their second contract...

If I made a rule that you can't send your players to mars during the season, is it really hurting anything?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm already playing the Viking League in single player otherwise I'd get right on that Galactopia Baseball League.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11, dont turn into hyperdohle, I was just asking a question

I'm saying, why is it so bad that the rule is there from OOTP14? I don't change these things and I still don't want that to ever happen. If it can't happen that's great, I'm justwondering why it's so important to delete the language from the rule book