• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Skeeter

Uber felon
I don't understand how players are baffled by the shift. As a lefty whenever I faced a shift you could guarantee a bunt down third was coming. MLB players that refuse to bunt are bitchmaid

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Can they still play all in with a runner on third or is that illegal also? Does the second baseman have to stand on second now?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That's the one I was watching last season and I said the ball just sounds different off his bat. Its fucking unreal.

bruin

Looks like the Dodgers are the leaders for Freddie Freeman. He has a house in Hermosa Beach. If that’s the case, I absolutely see why we let Seager walk.

Joe Kelly to the White Sox.

Wolfman21

Looks like the Dodgers are the leaders for Freddie Freeman. He has a house in Hermosa Beach. If that’s the case, I absolutely see why we let Seager walk.

Joe Kelly to the White Sox.

I’ve expected him to leave the Braves for a while now. His wife is looking for the glitz and the glamour of the big time markets. Her face is basically plastic now and as soon as the strike ended, she posted on twitter about some line she’s selling now. Oh well, better to lose him now than go through what the angels went through with pujols. Maybe braves can go out and get Matt Olson as the cupboard at 1b is pretty bare.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’ve expected him to leave the Braves for a while now. His wife is looking for the glitz and the glamour of the big time markets. Her face is basically plastic now and as soon as the strike ended, she posted on twitter about some line she’s selling now. Oh well, better to lose him now than go through what the angels went through with pujols. Maybe braves can go out and get Matt Olson as the cupboard at 1b is pretty bare.

Woof, this take. The Braves are being cheap and aren't offering the sixth year that he was always going to get in free agency.

Wolfman21

Cool, we get Matt Olson and only give up one really good prospect. I'm here for it. Acuna, Albies, Olson, Riley, Ozuna, D'arnaud, Swanson, Duvall and whoever else they sign for the OF is damn good. This should be a playoff team. At that point, roll the dice and see where they fall. I'm not exactly upset about not re-signing a 32 year old 1B to the contract freeman was wanting.

Wolfman21

Only 1 good prospect according to Wolfman21 doe

eh, who really knows? They're all lottery tickets, even the ones that are ranked in the top 10. Braves gave up one fringe top 50 guy, one fringe top 100 guy who struggled to hit AAA last year and two pitchers that are just as likely to blow out their arm as they are to make MLB to get the 2nd best 1st baseman from 2021 in his prime. I'm not mad about it

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Maybe it's just me, but I think spending a bit more to lock up the face of the franchise is a better move than throwing $160m at a guy who has hit .270 once.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He is a really good GM, that's for sure, and now you can look at the trade and the extension as the combined cost.

I don't know, this is a tough one. The bonus that tips it (to me) is that they managed to get younger around Albies and Acuña.

This is a really dislikeable franchise over the last decade, though. They built up their farm illegally and the former GM is banned from baseball. The Albies and Acuña extensions were criminal and would have been voided by even a moderately competent WBL commissioner. Then they luck into Anthopolous somehow.

I'm split on hyper cutthroat moves like this, because I do think Face of Franchise players deliver above the stat line sometimes when it comes to team chemistry in the backend of contracts. That's super anecdotal, though, Zimmerman being the last example that I really tracked closely.

Edit: Also, Olson is from the Atlanta area and was obviously pretty eager to sign. So that offsets a lot of the Freeman Face of Franchise effect.

Wolfman21

He is a really good GM, that's for sure, and now you can look at the trade and the extension as the combined cost.

I don't know, this is a tough one. The bonus that tips it (to me) is that they managed to get younger around Albies and Acuña.

This is a really dislikeable franchise over the last decade, though. They built up their farm illegally and the former GM is banned from baseball. The Albies and Acuña extensions were criminal and would have been voided by even a moderately competent WBL commissioner. Then they luck into Anthopolous somehow.

I'm split on hyper cutthroat moves like this, because I do think Face of Franchise players deliver above the stat line sometimes when it comes to team chemistry in the backend of contracts. That's super anecdotal, though, Zimmerman being the last example that I really tracked closely.

Edit: Also, Olson is from the Atlanta area and was obviously pretty eager to sign. So that offsets a lot of the Freeman Face of Franchise effect.

Yeah, coppy was a cunt and got shitcanned as he should have. Braves were pretty adequately punished though, having to give up 14 prospects(worth 16 million) and having their spending in the next few international signing periods basically done away with.

As for Acuna and Albies contracts......I dont know why they signed them. However if Acuna rips his knee apart last season and comes back this season and is a shell of his former self.....it will look pretty damn smart on his part, no? You can hate the Braves for somehow getting their good young players to sign team friendly deals. But its not like they held knives to their throats and made them sign(or maybe they did?) I can't blame an organization too much when the player hisself signs for it.

as for the last line...very, very, very few players spend their career with 1 team. The Chippers, Zimmermans, Jeters, Riveras of the world are few and far between. Your anecdote on zimmerman........Chipper didn't really bring much to the team success wise in his waning years...and he actual took a pay cut to stay in Atlanta.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
As for Acuna and Albies contracts......I dont know why they signed them. However if Acuna rips his knee apart last season and comes back this season and is a shell of his former self.....it will look pretty damn smart on his part, no?

No, because it should have been a $300M contract.

Wolfman21

No, because it should have been a $300M contract.

haters-malibu.gif

bruin

Kris Bryant to Colorado. 7 years, around 180 mil.

The more this Freddie Freeman thing drags, the more my asshole puckers bros…