• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Olympic shit and pissing show

osick87

Community Liaison
Dammit osick
tumblr_l6ax1a1jZt1qzbg4e.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Got me all pumped up for the game tomorrow though, guess I'm going to start drinking at 12:10

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We will achieve some kind of victory if we lose to Canada tomorrow because Beardown's rage will be such a gift.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I would hope that the Curling Associations care about their sport more than the average Joe cares about curling. I think that was goblue's point

The curling associations should care. There is no reason why they can't have money set aside to send players to national competitions. $1000 to send teams to Men's and Women's Club Nationals, Junior Nationals, and Mixed Nationals is that much to ask. That $5000 total.

The entry fee for the national events ranges from $380 to $500 per team which goes directly to the USCA. In addition, the regional organization can charge their own fee. My region, the GNCC, charges $100 per team which is the most of any region. Mixed national playdowns had six entries. Take that $600 which the GNCC collected as their fee and give it directly to the qualified team. Hell, take $100 "administration fee" and give $500 to the qualified team. Instead, the pocket all $600 and give the qualified team bupkus.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Either I called it on oldtopia or here, but Canada got gold in women's ice hockey. Again. If Olympic women's ice hockey is somehow off the program for Pyeongchang, or the Winter Games after Pyeongchang, as the old South Park saying goes, "Blame Canada!".

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Either I called it on oldtopia or here, but Canada got gold in women's ice hockey. Again. If Olympic women's ice hockey is somehow off the program for Pyeongchang, or the Winter Games after Pyeongchang, as the old South Park saying goes, "Blame Canada!".
Something about boys and balloons....

osick87

Community Liaison
Not really. He's saying since Canada got gold again, if women's hockey is removed people should blame Canada and not the teams who can't beat them.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Something about boys and balloons....
I think that when I noted the 3-2 result to Canada in their preliminary round game, I called for the same thing to happen the following week.

Remember what happened to baseball and softball at the Summer Games? Too few good teams, lopsided scores? Here in this women's ice hockey tournament, there's only one really good team, and that's Canada.

osick87

Community Liaison
Canada lost 8 straight to the US before the Olympics so it's more 1A and 1B. The other countries are slowly catching up and 3rd is now a contested spot. Removing it would hurt Women's hockey just when it is starting to develop.

Also here is Rob Ford from today
ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited:

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Canada lost 8 straight to the US before the Olympics so it's more 1A and 1B. The other countries are slowly catching up and 3rd is now a contested spot. Removing it would hurt Women's hockey just when it is starting to develop.

And that would be a tragedy.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah it is really not exciting at all.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Also here is Rob Ford from today
ku-xlarge.gif
Welp @fried rice and @osick87 , at the end of the day, I'll defer to the decision of Thomas Bach and his Lords of the Rings.

Taking Canada to complete the sweep and make this a down year for USA Hockey a la 2010.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Canada won a few more medals (Gold and Silver in Ski Cross and Gold in Bdub Hate)

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Price looking great early on

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
USA gets gold in women's slalom. That 18 year old, Schiffrin or however you spell, won it. Extremely impressive, and from what I've read about her, the sky is the limit for her talent.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We need a call. Just call something on Kunitz that dude is good for one or six