• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Playoffs and Bowels Thread

NML

Those play in games are already happening, haha

They shouldn’t set a hard number, since each year the number of teams in the discussion changes. This year, they should’ve had Clemson and ND play each other to face Bama. Move OU to the sugar and kick four loss TexASS out of the NY6.

Last year I feel like four worked. Two years ago they should’ve just given it to Bama, they steamrolled everyone and Clemson loss to fucking Pitt

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I'm still not convinced Saban doesn't have some secret undetectable Russian steroid that he gives his guys

NML

Or let’s just save like 10,000 kids from permanent brain damage and let Dabo and Saban pick the best 40 and play once a year. No reason to delay the inevitable.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Or let’s just save like 10,000 kids from permanent brain damage and let Dabo and Saban pick the best 40 and play once a year. No reason to delay the inevitable.
This would cause hundreds of thousands of cfb fans to have nothing else to live for. Could really be a boon to the funeral industry and clear up traffic. I approve.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
The play-in games are already happening in the major conferences, but they're not happening for teams like UCF or ND and they never will. I've been arguing this since Hawaii and Boise State were going undefeated and I just don't think there's another solution.

I think it's absurd that we have a sports league where a team can start the season knowing that it literally has no path to a championship. Any system that doesn't resolve that isn't satisfactory to me.

It seems obvious that a team can win every game and finish outside the top 2. And top 4. And even the top 8 (presumably if WSU had beaten UW then UCF would have ended up at 9).

So I'm sticking with 12.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
The play-in games are already happening in the major conferences, but they're not happening for teams like UCF or ND and they never will. I've been arguing this since Hawaii and Boise State were going undefeated and I just don't think there's another solution.

I think it's absurd that we have a sports league where a team can start the season knowing that it literally has no path to a championship. Any system that doesn't resolve that isn't satisfactory to me.

It seems obvious that a team can win every game and finish outside the top 2. And top 4. And even the top 8 (presumably if WSU had beaten UW then UCF would have ended up at 9).

So I'm sticking with 12.

Take two bad current teams from the ACC (Syracuse, Pissburgh) and replace them with ND and UCF.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well this game was during the intros

Brick

if you think top 12 will let any non power conference team in outside of the progrums like boise state, houston, ucf who would have to, at the very least, have sustained success over 3-5 years and then cap it with an undefeated season with an OOC win over a power 5 opponent who has a top ten season, you're wrong. just make it automatic that undefeated teams get in unless there are more than 4. it never happens (and wouldn't even if people scheduled cupcakes, which you can easily avoid with a simple rule) and it is better.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Listening to Assclown Herbstreit talk about this “Alabama procedure” being a game changer up there with Glenn Beck pushing crypto in 2018.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Great decision to put your defense out there first. Not that it really matters I guess but still. Why?

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
You act like the point of CFB is to determine a champion, and not to wring as much money as possible out of every possible avenue, up to and including slave labor

I fail to see how adding a bunch more playoff games would be a threat to their financial prowess.

As in so many other areas of life, humanity's natural self-interest is a given, but the question is how to channel it toward justice.

I have no doubt that when the playoff inevitably expands, it will be the money that drives it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Found a great channel on my back patio
626319c966e6f5d1cb968f582922327b.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
lol I love our nutopian OU fans so this doesn’t apply to any of you.

But watching Ou get obliterated is pretty funny when all my friends are betting money on OU lmao

Local bookie told me he had zero bets on Clemson or Alabama which adds to the mountain of evidence that this state is D U M dum. He's going to make $20k-$30k tonight