• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Playoffs and Bowels Thread

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I mean, a lot of ink has been spilled on this, but there are so many reasons this bowl scam is not going away. Networks need programming, sponsors apparently think this is an effective use of advertising budget, hotels need bed nights, etc during December, and the economic model apparently allows bowls to pay their executives $500K to do little more than organize team talent shows and banquets. Even these bowls that are basically empty and no one whatsoever gives a shit about apparently still make money. It's absurd.

I think if anything changes, it will be more dudes like Kyler Murray bailing on their teams to get paid. Sure he'll be persona non grata with the bootlickers in Oklahoma forever, but who cares? I'm sure he's excited he has to be out there for 3 more quarters when his team has been outgained 200-0 in 15 minutes and he's only risking his future to keep a few people tuned in until the next dick pill commercial.

Its all so gross...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
giphy.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I’m 4 glasses of bulleit deep. Still can’t root for bammer and never will but I’ve gotten to the point where I just appreciate the excellence. It’s like the Nazi Blitzkrieg or something. We obviously ain’t rooting for them nazis but damn they know how to wreck shit.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I’m 4 glasses of bulleit deep. Still can’t root for bammer and never will but I’ve gotten to the point where I just appreciate the excellence. It’s like the Nazi Blitzkrieg or something. We obviously ain’t rooting for them nazis but damn they know how to wreck shit.

Ive stopped watching already.

To me to me it's like watching those nature documentaries where the ocelot or lynx has found the unprotected nest full of babby birds and is eating them at leisure.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I'm rooting for the Jacobs kid from McLain in Tulsa. It's a shit school that can be hard to get out of and the fact that he is getting to rub it in OU's face makes me happy

Brick

agreed. i am 4 OLDGRANDDAD BONDED deep. this post reminded me of when oregon went up like 55-14 against tennessee in the 2nd quarter. mariota got a little niggle there and it hasn't been the same since.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
agreed. i am 4 OLDGRANDDAD BONDED deep. this post reminded me of when oregon went up like 55-14 against tennessee in the 2nd quarter. mariota got a little niggle there and it hasn't been the same since.
His labia is bruised prolly. Just be glad that Oregon got to play Tennessee at the worst point in the history of their program, going on 10 years now, while they were at their best. Still no rings tho. I’d rather have Herbert start tomorrow than mariota.

Brick

you think you would learn after losing the locker and tennessee bets and having to send me whiskey.

"is southpaw the guy who sent you the toast card?"

Brick

herbert is the next mike glennon. makes 2 great throws a game that "no one else can make" that makes everyone forget that there are 60-80 offensive snaps in a game

to be fair he has to deal with CROCH AROOYOU THE O

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Don’t understand how Herbert the pervert can be compared to glennon when glennons doppleganer was ncatates qb

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
SLIDER first OU QB to rush for 1000 yards in a season since Jack Mildren in 1971. Hard to believe that neither Jamelle Holieway nor Charles Thompson did that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

YEP. I wrote this game off as soon as it was announced. I was less concerned with the outcome than I am with the DC search. OU's offense will be fine as long as Riley is corch. Just need a defense that isn't a total embarrassment.

Soonerfan09

I just hope the next DC can take away a slant route. Cost them against Texas and cost them tonight. Wasn’t the only reason they lost, obviously, but it’s a big part of the reason.
Overall, I though OU’s defense did a good job in deep coverage, Alabama’s receivers just made fantastic plays. Lack of a pass rush, even when blitzing hurt a lot.
Offensively, settling for field goals inside the 10 hurt. I thought that was going to get them beat against Texas in the Big 12 shamship. Can’t beat Alabama with field goals. Not sure why Riley didn’t try to get the run game going in the 1st half. Should have tried to keep the defense off the field as much as possible and control the clock, at least until the second half.

Oh well, thems the breaks. How long until football seasons starts?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
And I think a Stoops corched team would have just rolled over and let it happen. At least this team fought back. For all the good Bob Stoops did for OU, it was clear he was mailing it in his last few years.