• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Bowl Thread

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Maybe it's time to take a break from college football. You can't tackle anymore so why even play defense? Not like it's much worse than what's out there now.

What a fucking disaster of a season. I'm back back on the fire Lovie train because holy shit how do you go 4 seasons and have the same problems???

Rod Smith is also a bit of a joke as a play caller.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Anyone notice how much dick these announcers suck?

Another Brian Griese hater. You just made this list.

to-do-list-monsters.gif

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
So back in September I was talking to a Clemson friend of mine about innovations in Big 12 land on the defensive front. I’ve also posted (here) previously about the Inverted Tampa 2 that has kind of taken over big 12 defenses, and it was a large reason why scoring was down overall in spread country.

Well, back while talking football with said Clemson fan I got mocked and shamed for suggesting that Iowa State and the Big 12 were leading the charge on defensive innovations/anti-spread strategy. Funny enough (and quite fitting), it was the move from Clemson’s 4-2-5 base defense to a 3-2-6 inverted Tampa 2 base that brought Clemson back from a 16-0 deficit to the Buckeyes. They learned that from none other than “lowly” Iowa State.

It makes sense from a market perspective that the region lacking more than anyone in access to big-time defensive line talent is leading the anti-spread revolution. So fitting that flyover football is winning more than ever:

LSU with a pro-spread, modernized passing offense just embarrassed OU 63-28.

Clemson literally bailed themselves out with gimmicky IT2 big 12 land defense.

It’s gonna be a really fucking awesome national championship game. Definitely expect Clemson to play a 3-high, inverted Tampa 2 base and force LSU to beat them on the ground. If they don’t, Clemson will lose this game.

Last edited:

goblue96

December 31 Bowl SWAG Bag Report

Belk Bowl | Dec. 31, noon, ESPN
Charlotte | Bank of America Stadium

■ Shopping trip to Belk department store; Wenger watch

Ooooo, a shopping spree. Thanks, Belk.

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl | Dec. 31, 2 p.m., CBS
El Paso, Texas | Sun Bowl

■ Gift suite; Timely Watch Co. Silvertone watch; Majestic Pro-Base fleece pullover; Ogio Excelsior backpack; New Era cap; coin

Coin will be lost within a week. Toss up between pullover and backpack for best gift here. Missed the boat of giving out $100 in Frosted Flakes

AutoZone Liberty Bowl | Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN
Memphis | Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium

■ Bass Pro Shops shopping trip; Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II; Caravelle by Bulova watch; Nike athletic shoes, sport sandals, backpack and sunglasses; football

Finally a quality SWAG bag. Nice work, LIBERTY Bowl!

Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl | Dec. 31, 4:30 p.m., CBSSN
Tucson, Ariz. | Arizona Stadium

■ Gift suite; Herschel Supply Co. Chapter travel kit; New Era insulated beanie

ARIZONA Bowl participants, here's a pile of crap. DO BETTER next year!

Valero Alamo Bowl | Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
San Antonio | Alamodome

Apple AirPods Pro; $115 Amazon gift card; Michael Kors watch; helmet; team panoramic photo

Another good SWAG Bag

Last edited:

goblue96

New Years Day Bowl SWAG Bag report
VRBO Citrus Bowl | Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC
Orlando | Camping World Stadium
■ $400 Best Buy gift card; watch; Herschel backpack with luggage tag
Outback Bowl | Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ESPN
Tampa | Raymond James Stadium
■ Fossil watch; $125 Amazon gift card; Jostens ring; Outback Steakhouse gift card; hat
Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual | Jan. 1, 5 p.m., ESPN
Pasadena, Calif. | Rose Bowl
■ Gift suite; Fossil watch; Ogio backpack; New Era 9Fifty snapback adjustable hat
Allstate Sugar Bowl | Jan. 1, 8:45 p.m., ESPN
New Orleans | Mercedes-Benz Superdome
■ Gift suite; Armani Exchange watch; “History of The Bowls: Celebrating the Good of The Game” book; New Era hat; Rock ‘Em socks; performance hooded T-shirt