• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't want to go all Don Cherry on you guys, or sound like someone from @bruin 's twitter feed, but VGK also have a minimal amount of Euros. Instead they have GRIT. Meanwhile, in Washington...half their roster are Euros.

I've always thought this was a massive and dumb conspiracy theory, but the Pens have won 2 straight cups and at least one of them was with a majority AMERICAN roster.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I don't want to go all Don Cherry on you guys, or sound like someone from @bruin 's twitter feed, but VGK also have a minimal amount of Euros. Instead they have GRIT. Meanwhile, in Washington...half their roster are Euros.

I've always thought this was a massive and dumb conspiracy theory, but the Pens have won 2 straight cups and at least one of them was with a majority AMERICAN roster.

They have MAF as the main man between the pipes. By default he should count as 10 of those soft Russians.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Hockey is too nerve wracking. Why it gotta be like that? They have to win this game. Pretty much over if they don't.
they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg

Simo77

I feel meh on the disallowed goal. It's almost surely a goal. Quite obviously Holtby pulls the puck back towards the line. But the angle and snow means I wouldn't bet youll's life on that still image. I don't know. Do you go with the whole deductive reasoning argument that Mike Sullivan throws out or should replay be just that, conclusive or not? I also feel if the call on the ice or the light ever came on it would have probably stood. You can't even scream "replay is ruining our game!" on this as they stood with the human element of the call. In terms of bad calls this is like a 4 on a 10 point scale for me. It's probably not the right call but nothing like the hatchet jobs that normally get called in from Toronto.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I feel meh on the disallowed goal. It's almost surely a goal. Quite obviously Holtby pulls the puck back towards the line. But the angle and snow means I wouldn't bet youll's life on that still image. I don't know. Do you go with the whole deductive reasoning argument that Mike Sullivan throws out or should replay be just that, conclusive or not? I also feel if the call on the ice or the light ever came on it would have probably stood. You can't even scream "replay is ruining our game!" on this as they stood with the human element of the call. In terms of bad calls this is like a 4 on a 10 point scale for me. It's probably not the right call but nothing like the hatchet jobs that normally get called in from Toronto.

This is a great take. The call on the ice was a no goal so it would have taken major vidya proof to overturn that. Agree it's a 4/10 on the "bad call" scale. I will say seeing Pierre looking like he was about to have a seizure made the no call worth it, Pens loss or not.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations

The only shot I saw of the "proof" was so ridiculously pixelated/muddy that I'm not surprised they couldn't see on their little tablets.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Biggest question is why isnt there a camera inside the goal that gives you a better 'goal line' view? Why are we using ENHANCE ENHANCE ENHANCE views from the blue line?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Biggest question is why isnt there a camera inside the goal that gives you a better 'goal line' view? Why are we using ENHANCE ENHANCE ENHANCE views from the blue line?

Biggest question is why they can't have something like Hawk-Eye that will tell the ref if the puck crossed the line or not.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They've had it available in tennis and soccer for years

Simo77

I thought I read they demoed goal line tech preseason or in some other tournament but decided it was too costly. I guess the accountants at the league can't go from a dollar a puck to $80 a puck. Or whatever, I have no idea what that tech would cost or even if it's in the puck.

Simo77

Yeah officials in the early game really set a bar for inconsistency.

Also saw this today. Mind blown as I assumed snow. Which was probably part of it. Still think Holtby probably pulled it out but I'm convinced at this point that the call was 100% correct based on what evidence there actually is.

After Kane missed that last shot, Vegas put on a puck possession clinic. Ho Lee Fuk they are totally stifling the Sharks' entry attempts.