• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Simo77

For sure Pekka and the defense have been let downs. I'd say game 3 Pekka didn't really have any bad goals against or goals that were glaringly his fault. Just too many goals where guys were completely undefended. Every other game it seems like Rinne lets in two shitty goals by hisself. But in game 3 he had no help. Its not over yet. If Nashville wins tonight I expect it to go 7. That said it'll probably have to be a 5-4 or 6-5 type win.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Guentzel trying to fight

yeahok.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Tony hasn’t posted in this thread tonight so this possibility is on the table.

Sadly I was stuck tuning drums out at Paisley Park and missed seeing the game live. Really hope these slapdicks don’t decide to spend more time in the sin bin than scoring goals when they’re in DC for game five.

I’ve been a Pissburgh Penguins fan since 1988 and handful of shitheads come though that organization. Outside of Sean Avery and maybe Satan there has never really been a Penguin player I’ve wanted to see hanged from the Warhol as much as Guentzel. Dude makes my skin crawl.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sadly I was stuck tuning drums out at Paisley Park and missed seeing the game live. Really hope these slapdicks don’t decide to spend more time in the sin bin than scoring goals when they’re in DC for game five.

I’ve been a Pissburgh Penguins fan since 1988 and handful of shitheads come though that organization. Outside of Sean Avery and maybe Satan there has never really been a Penguin player I’ve wanted to see hanged from the Warhol as much as Guentzel. Dude makes my skin crawl.

giphy.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Laviolette is a damn good corch. He realized they couldn't keep up a fast game with Winnipeg so he benches Fiala for Hartnell and slows the game way down. Clogged the neutral zone all night long and rely on your defense and goal tending and totally shut the Jets down.

Simo77

Really interesting play. Had most of the media and fans questioning him. Worked exactly as he wanted it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Damn they looked like they were skating in sand they were going so slow but what a beautiful pass and tip in.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is going 7 even though it shouldn't. Caps are once again the better team by a good margin.

Wilson is going to DDT malkin in game 7

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Now I get to have Tony pop in here to disparage and root for the Lightning when his favorite team of the Capitals/the Penguins advance to the next round, sweet

TonyGin&Juice

Fleury somehow having the best season of his life. :eek:

When the Penguins drafted him I thought he was a legit future HOFer. MAF definitely had a really solid career in PGH but I was happy to see him sent to Vegas and have hoped he’ll get the call for the HOF. No idea if a change of scenery was needed or what but the way he played this year is what I would have loved to have seen out of him with PGH. Good on him though, he really was a team player though and through.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Talk about a goal against the play. Fuck.

When the Penguins drafted him I thought he was a legit future HOFer. MAF definitely had a really solid career in PGH but I was happy to see him sent to Vegas and have hoped he’ll get the call for the HOF. No idea if a change of scenery was needed or what but the way he played this year is what I would have loved to have seen out of him with PGH. Good on him though, he really was a team player though and through.
I genuinely thought he was a total head case after his first season with the Pens. He was good for at least a few shitty stick handle turnovers per game and usually one of those would lead to a goal against. I don't know if it was the haters just getting into his head or whatever, but it's like a totally different guy this season. I can't think of one classic MAF fuck up this entire playoff. Good for him though. I'm genuinely happy for him and would not mind seeing him lift that Cup another time (and probably Conn Smythe too at this rate).

TonyGin&Juice

He definitely had some issues with players and fans getting in his head early on. My memory of his early years are foggy but during the second half of his career with PGH there were lots of mental mistakes, especially during the playoffs. I’ll never forget that playoff game a few years ago where he just looked completely lost and gave a trio of soft goals.

TonyGin&Juice

I used to think Mike “Game Over” Green was the kind of player you wanted to get Hossaed before the playoffs if you wanted your team to advance. Kris Letang has now replaced that guy on the “get fucked” list. Gonna be heated for a while on this.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It is just so odd watching the difference in this team when Hartnell plays and when Salomaki is in there. Can't believe corch went back to Salomaki after the game 5 win. If he does that again in game 7, I will be so confused.

That was the best game they have played all post season. They gonna need another effort like that to win Wednesday. I'm gonna need a valium drip.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He looked like he'd just dropped his cellphone

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They always show the hit that Scott Stevens put on Lindros, but the one he put on Kariya is one of the nastiest I have ever seen.