• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I don't see why he'd leave- Corch Meyer's health is only going to last two more years, and then Wisconsin will be set to dominate the B1G.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Haven't read this anywhere but my biggest guess on why Wisconsin has lost their two HCs is that Barry Alvarez could be a giant pain in the ass to work for.

Bdub

Oregon State confirmed luckiest team of 2014. Hell if he wanted out at Wisconsin he could have come back to Utah. I would fire Whittingham to get Anderson.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Barry Alvarez must be the biggest asshole to work for if Bielema and Andersen both said fuck this and bailed to obviously inferior programs. Bielema had always talked about assistant salary pool when he left, at the time Wisconsin's assistant pool money was less than $2M which was towards the bottom of the conference but it got raised last year and was up near the top, so can't imagine that's the reason.

Now Bo Pelini goes to Wisconsin and the circle of life is complete.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Oregon State confirmed luckiest team of 2014. Hell if he wanted out at Wisconsin he could have come back to Utah. I would fire Whittingham to get Anderson.

I bet at Nebraska's AD known Andersen was looking for the quickest route out of Wisconsin he would have offered him the job in about 5 seconds.

It's weird, there are a lot of rumors going around that a few coaches had tried calling Nebraska's AD after Pelini was fired to express interest and they were basically told to get lost... I wonder if Andersen was one of them.

R2D2

Oddly enough, that happened in one of my NCAA dynasties. Ended up winning a MNC with Utah. :laughing:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
If that happened and Anderson was one of them, it's just as well you don't find out.

Yep, I'm sure it would just make me want to drink.

Wonder who Wisconsin goes after now. They've got a long line of former assistants that are HCs elsewhere, but after the last two coaches bailed for lesser programs you have to wonder if those guys know better.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

957_zpsndngimcq.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
What in the flying fuck? Leave Sconny for Oregon State? I guess this opens up an opportunity for Paul Chryst to come back. But didn't he turn them down a couple years ago? Maybe 2 years at Pitt will change his mind.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Shocked, not sure what the hell happened, but not sure he will be missed that much. Might have been over his head. Messed up the LSU game by not running Gordon in the 2nd half, and wasn't sure why after the game. The QB situation was a complete cluster, trying to make your running quarterback a pocket passer and your dropback quarterback a read option guy.

He seemed to bristle at the "tough" questions after the Northwestern loss. Maybe a change of scenery and winning 6-7 games at OSU will be easier on him.

I wonder if he was thinking about this last week during the Championship game. Team certainly wasn't prepared or focused to do anything.

I think Chryst could be an option. I don't think they offered him last time, because Alvarez had helped him get the Pitt job the year prior.

Tulsa is going with Baylor OC Phillip Montgomery, per Bruce Feldman.

Seems like a good hire for a program like Tulsa. He should be able to help Tulsa recruiting in Texas (3rd and 4th tier players, of course) and has been with Briles a long time.

Tulsa is a very tough gig, but one that Todd Graham proved isn't impossible to succeed in.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Seems like a good hire for a program like Tulsa. He should be able to help Tulsa recruiting in Texas (3rd and 4th tier players, of course) and has been with Briles a long time.

Tulsa is a very tough gig, but one that Todd Graham proved isn't impossible to succeed in.
Kragthorpe did a good job there as well, despite his struggles at Louisville

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not a chance he was in Ann Arbor. Until Michigan has heard a no from harbaugh, they aren't going to take someone else to Ann Arbir.

Bdub

Well he was here accepting the Vegas bowl invite from 2 show girls so unless he has a body double your sources are wrong.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Seriously why not just coach the team??? No one is going to want to come in an coach after you just showed everyone the reins are yours.

Craig7835

Shocked, not sure what the hell happened, but not sure he will be missed that much. Might have been over his head. Messed up the LSU game by not running Gordon in the 2nd half, and wasn't sure why after the game. The QB situation was a complete cluster, trying to make your running quarterback a pocket passer and your dropback quarterback a read option guy.

He seemed to bristle at the "tough" questions after the Northwestern loss. Maybe a change of scenery and winning 6-7 games at OSU will be easier on him.

I wonder if he was thinking about this last week during the Championship game. Team certainly wasn't prepared or focused to do anything.

I think Chryst could be an option. I don't think they offered him last time, because Alvarez had helped him get the Pitt job the year prior.

No wonder why their QB play sucked.I watched that LSU game & I was thinking 'Why is Gordon not running?' Despite the B minus job he has done,Anderson was ok,but not up to Alverez's level