• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Saban and the CFB playoff has ruined fans' expectations. It used to be that coaches got a stadium named after them for going 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 and then 9-4 over a four year period. Now, that gets you on the hot seat at some programs. Someone on reddit just told me that they need to fire Harbaugh because this is his ceiling. 11-2 is a damn good ceiling. And this is a hot take, but I don't know if Michigan is going to be a national title contender year in and year out anymore. The depopulating of the midwest, and especially Detroit, in addition to the death of the suburban catholic schools, has taken a huge chunk out of the Michigan recruiting base. I think 12-2 will be their ceiling going forward, except in a year out of every five.

I agree with pretty much everything here. Harbaugh's gotten Michigan to the OSU game with a chance at the playoff 2 of 4 years. They're getting crushed now, but that 2016 game came down to a literal inch. He's also lost a ton of coin flip games: Michigan State in 2015 on THAT punt, Iowa in 2016, OSU in 2016, MSU last year, arguably ND this year. In a slightly different world, Harbaugh has been to the playoffs once already and hasn't lost to MSU.

But you have idiots who can't see nuance and see that Harbaugh is 0-4 against OSU and think he's terrible and should be fired.

Thepro_23

Maybe, maybe not. We had two games this season in which we scored 49 and still lost by double digits...and that was with a much healthier defense.
Yeah, the defense took a beating over the course of the season. But I'm surprised that Memphis was able to come in late and turn things around.

PSUEagle

Biggest issue with Michigan is their OL is still average at best even though they've gotten significantly better relative to last year. The two teams on their schedule with multiple NFL type DL (ND and OSU) have eaten their lunch up front which is why you've seen the conservative run heavy approach against those two teams IMO since they don't trust them to consistently hold up in pass protection.

Thepro_23

I like r/CFB for the most part, but man, they're a bunch of idiots. They want USF to fire Charlie Strong, the man who is 17-7 over his two years there. I saw Houston fans saying they wanted Applewhite gone. Now that's a cesspool at times, but see what I mean? Expectations have killed everyone.
I think there's also the added aspect of social media. 15 years ago, you made a claim like that and you were laughed out of the room. Now, social media has embolden fans and has linked them to other people with that same fringe opinion and it's led people to think that their extreme opinions are actually valid.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Biggest issue with Michigan is their OL is still average at best even though they've gotten significantly better relative to last year. The two teams on their schedule with multiple NFL type DL (ND and OSU) have eaten their lunch up front which is why you've seen the conservative run heavy approach against those two teams IMO since they don't trust them to consistently hold up in pass protection.

Pretty much. MSU's DL also ate their lunch for a decent amount of the game. I do think Harbaugh wants to run the ball more, but they aren't as explosive running. Hurts them in games like this and ND where they need to pass.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I agree with pretty much everything here. Harbaugh's gotten Michigan to the OSU game with a chance at the playoff 2 of 4 years. They're getting crushed now, but that 2016 game came down to a literal inch. He's also lost a ton of coin flip games: Michigan State in 2015 on THAT punt, Iowa in 2016, OSU in 2016, MSU last year, arguably ND this year. In a slightly different world, Harbaugh has been to the playoffs once already and hasn't lost to MSU.

But you have idiots who can't see nuance and see that Harbaugh is 0-4 against OSU and think he's terrible and should be fired.
Agree 100%

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That isn't a facemask penalty. Christ these refs love flags.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I like r/CFB for the most part, but man, they're a bunch of idiots. They want USF to fire Charlie Strong, the man who is 17-7 over his two years there. I saw Houston fans saying they wanted Applewhite gone. Now that's a cesspool at times, but see what I mean? Expectations have killed everyone.
I think there's also the added aspect of social media. 15 years ago, you made a claim like that and you were laughed out of the room. Now, social media has embolden fans and has linked them to other people with that same fringe opinion and it's led people to think that their extreme opinions are actually valid.
Reddit sux

coogrfan

Imo Applewhite should never have been hired but I have reconciled myself to the fact that he's going to get a 3 years minimum. (No)D'Onofrio, otoh, can't be gone soon enough.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
On the way to the CU game in Berkeley and we’re listening to the game on the OSU radio

The color commentator is pure trog lol, he said, “Maybe this is Harbaugh’s last game” and was adament about it when the play by play guy basically said, “What the fuck are you talking about?” as politely as possible

Thepro_23

On the way to the CU game in Berkeley and we’re listening to the game on the OSU radio

The color commentator is pure trog lol, he said, “Maybe this is Harbaugh’s last game” and was adament about it when the play by play guy basically said, “What the fuck are you talking about?” as politely as possible
Jealous of you. Have fun in Strawberry Canyon.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

The color commenator should've went with

giphy.gif

Thepro_23

SMU down 14-0 to lowly Tulsa. A win puts SMU in a bowl and they're falling flat on their face right now.

Skeeter

Uber felon
My brother decided not to go so I got to take my son to his first meeechigan game. He had an absolute blast.

Was nice to see the #1 defense in the country give up more points than Michigan has ever given up in a non OT game ever. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good luck next year with that whole revenge thing. Is there another sec school with a bum qb you can get a transfer from?

Thepro_23

SMU needs a win over a 2-9 team to make a bowl and they come in and lay an egg. It's 21-7. This is why I drink.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I’m sure that roster is loaded. See how he does after 5 years. Y’all talked about him as if he’d have a record like Chip Kelly did this year.

Brick

Yeah I’m sure that roster is loaded. See how he does after 5 years. Y’all talked about him as if he’d have a record like Chip Kelly did this year.
pruitt gonna blame getting blown out by vandy on the CROOTS or nah?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He should blame butch jones if he’s into truth telling. 200% sec win increase. Build a statue.