• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 2 Thread - Road to Nowhere: (VH1 Classic Edition)

bruin

giphy.gif

D181C49B-B8D4-4CD8-B144-C2E66F397528.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
If they adage is true that you improve the most from week 1 to week 2, kinda worried about how the old NU is going to perform against the Buffalos this week even if they did only beat a terrible team

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
NORMA got some test results back from the vet this week and she apparently may be having a flare up of some sort of "Tick Disease" that is likely a remnant from her days being neglected by some Oklahoma Troglodyte who probably played tackle football in 2nd grade @Soonerfan09. She's had flea/tick prevention since I adopted her and I check her for ticks daily, since we often walk in long grass. The good news is that she's asymptomatic and the only reason we caught this was because of a blood test for her 6 month post-adoption wellness check. We're getting some more tests to get a better idea of what specifically she has and what treatments need to be considered, but given her young age she should be able to deal with this without major issue.

I've changed her injury status to "DTD - Tick Fever 2-4 weeks." I know @Mr. Radpants hates these lingering PvE "DTD" injuries, but the bottom-line is NORMA is still available to play, but might not be at 100% of her normal Yankee slaying capacity for a while. Hopefully this is a benevolent sim and we don't suffer any setbacks!

Maybe some of the antibodies in @Yankee151 's blood would do NORMA some good?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NORMA had a great mid week practice today, treeing over 50 squirrels. It was a cool afternoon with the feeling of fall, so the squirrels were out gathering in earnest! She had a blast chasing them all back up into the trees where they belong! She didn't show any signs of being slowed by this tick fever, but I'm glad I updated the injury report so Vegas can set there lines properly.

I shared a squirrel photo of the boldest fellow with my GRAM followers.

bruin

Yeah, I don't see OU beating UCLA by 30 but it is Vegas, so...

Speight hasn’t practiced all week.

Likely going with the true frosh. Watched some of the replay of the Cinci game on Tuesday night on ESPNU. He made some nice reads and throws and had a huge drop that possibly left 6 on the board.

Just hate for a kid starting his first game on the road in Norman. Could get ugly.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oh yeah, I forgot about Speight's injury. I'm wondering if he shouldn't just hang it up at this point after what he's gone through.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@bruin @bruin228 @Yankee151

https://local.theonion.com/fucking-idiot-has-perfect-gif-for-that-1828864809

SAN JOSE, CA—Reveling at the opportunity to respond to an online post with the quintessential short, silent video loop, local fucking idiot Greg Knott told reporters Thursday that he has the perfect GIF for that. “Oh, man, this is totally spot-on,” announced the knuckle-dragging dumbass whose very existence is a testament to the depths of human stupidity. Several reports indicated that the utter dipshit struggled not to drool on himself while scrolling through his archives of .gif files of Jonah Hill, Donald Glover, Larry David, Judge Judy, Kayode Ewumi, Donald Trump, Chuck Norris, Robert Redford, and others saved on his computer desktop before deeming the three-second looped reaction shot of Will Ferrell in Anchorman as the ideal contribution to the conversation. At press time, the slobbering moron reportedly muttered, “hell yeah, that’s a good one,” and basked in the fruits of his internet curating efforts, seemingly oblivious to the fact that 78 other total fucking halfwits had the exact same stupid-ass idea.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm using the clicker to mark the instant she does the thing I want her to do, so she knows what she's being rewarded for.... then I can take my time giving her the treat without causing confusion. It really clarifies communication between person and dog.

Ma'uncle saw me working with it and started using a clicker in corching this offseason, lol. He said it is working great for marking his corching points when he's correcting lifting form.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
There was a recent incident at this brewery with a dog and a kid: so they put signs up everywhere. KEEP UR KIDS WITHIN ARMS REACH

:laughing:

Norma is basically a celebrity there because we took her pretty much every day this winter because we needed to get out of the house (and had to take her with)

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
TCU-SMU is underway after a long weather delay. Ponies led 9-7, 10:47 2nd.

War eagles led Merritt island 9-7 tonight. 16 seconds left the mustangs nail a field goal to steal the win at JAy Donnelly field (draa field no longer exists! It is a parking lot for school buses!). Astronaut almost never beats Merritt island! kids of rich Kennedy space center workers always prevail over kids of poor Kennedy space center workers!