• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 7

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Happy that I will be at the ALCS game tomorrow to avoid wasting 60 minutes of Nebraska and Minnesota circle jerk each other to a 3-2 triple overtime thriller.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Bdub

Cal, Michigan, and Utah St are now a combined 14 and 1 against teams not named Utah.
Of course that means Utah will lose tomorrow.

Wooly

David Shaw is the worst when it comes to garbage time, it's painful. One accurate description I saw elsewhere is that not only does he take his foot off the gas, he puts the whole thing in reverse. Because the game was so late yesterday and the East Coast probably didn't catch any of the game, people looking at the box score probably won't realize how much Stanford dominated that game. They'll see Stanford only won by 21 and were actually outgained by UCLA, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that all starters on either side of the ball were taken out and UCLA got 2 long TD drives in the 4th. When Shaw gets conservative it is the worst.

Well, it does reduce injuries to starters, and give backups valuable playing time. That is what you should do as a coach. When you are up 28 in the 4th quarter, put in the subs and who cares if the other scores a few TDs. Depth and health is a lot more important than "style points".

Wooly

Cal, Michigan, and Utah St are now a combined 14 and 1 against teams not named Utah.
Of course that means Utah will lose tomorrow.

That has to feel good to have beaten teams with that kind of winning percentage.

PSUEagle

Purdue +24
Baylor -20
South Carolina -3
Oregon +3
New Mexico -5
KSU +4.5
Buffalo +6

Locked in the Purdue, Baylor, and New Mexico lines: haven't made the other plays yet.

Also looking at the Clemson-BC over (37.5), the UVA-Syracuse under (54), Arizona (-7), and the under on Wisconsin's total points once that drops.

@GatorTD
@Bdub
@Brick

Bdub

Purdue +24
Baylor -20
South Carolina -3
Oregon +3
New Mexico -5
KSU +4.5
Buffalo +6

Locked in the Purdue, Baylor, and New Mexico lines: haven't made the other plays yet.

Also looking at the Clemson-BC over (37.5), the UVA-Syracuse under (54), Arizona (-7), and the under on Wisconsin's total points once that drops.

@GatorTD
@Bdub
@Brick
Purdue +23 1/2
Minnesota -2
MSU +8 1/2
Arizona -8
Notre Dame -7
Washington -3

Everybody is picking Oregon and I am not sure why. Washington has a great defense.

Carolina Blue

Who y'all got for LSU/Florida?

I think that LSU's D is going to eat Treon Harris alive (again). Similarly, does Florida's D expose the youth of Brandon Harris? Probably, but enough about the quarterbacks. The running game is the deciding factor and you'd be crazy to pick against Fournette/LSU under the lights.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I remember as a kid waking up for GameDay and it getting me so pumped for the day ahead. Just put it on and I don't know how I did it. Whoever watches this shit for 3 hours every Saturday morning is practically lobotomizing themselves. Probably not a word but I stand by it

bruin

year 4 of the Mora era and it's still the undisciplined bullshit with the penalties.

first drive: offensive PI on Payton - wipes out a first down. Next play, pick 6.
Second drive: TD run by Perkins- wiped out by illegal formation. Settle for a FG.

would have it mattered and made it a closer game? doubt it. But the same shit time after time is getting really old. While Mora stands there, looks pissed, dumbfounded jotting down the penalty on his pad.

Cal next week is a toss up. This teams spirit on defense might be broken. Shaw could have put up 70 if he wanted to.

but, really. The defense lost 3 all conference players on defense, and probably all 3 will be top 40 draft picks whenever they come out. Hard to replace that, but other than MLB Savaiinaea, nobody has stepped up in their absence.

Cal
Colorado
@OSU
Wazzu
@Utah
@Southern Cal

Cal next week is huge. Thursday night. Will be 65k at the Rose Bowl, probably 40 by kickoff. Must win. Should run the table till SLC. Which is a terrible matchup for the Bruins. Southern Cal is a toss up. Wouldn't be surprised if they really light it up under Helton.

8-4, 9-3 possibly. Think Mora needs to make some changes. The secondary hasn't really been strong in his 4 years here. Disappointed in Bradley's scheme so far. Laying off 8 yards deep against Hogan in 3rd and long. GTFO. But Bradley isn't going anywhere. Mora wanted him here 4 years ago.

Mazzone's 3rd and 1 in shotgun makes me want to drown babies. UCLA has the backfield to go jumbo and ram in down your throat, but never do. Mind bottling. Hurr durr no Myles Jack/Vanderdoes/Clark backfield's anymore. Mazzone probably has reached his ceiling here.

Last edited:

Carolina Blue

I remember as a kid waking up for GameDay and it getting me so pumped for the day ahead. Just put it on and I don't know how I did it. Whoever watches this shit for 3 hours every Saturday morning is practically lobotomizing themselves. Probably not a word but I stand by it

All pregame shows are for mongs.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Mazzone's 3rd and 1 in shotgun makes me want to drown babies. UCLA has the backfield to go jumbo and ram in down your throat, but never do. Mind bottling. Hurr durr no Myles Jack/Vanderdoes/Clark backfield's anymore. Mazzone probably has reached his ceiling here.

Mazzone is such a chode

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

When you were a kid it was only 90 minutes. You can only rehash the latest Rutgers scandal so many times.

PSUEagle

Purdue +23 1/2
Minnesota -2
MSU +8 1/2
Arizona -8
Notre Dame -7
Washington -3

Everybody is picking Oregon and I am not sure why. Washington has a great defense.

I was hoping Brock would chime in, but here's my thought process: Oregon has scored points/moved the ball on everyone this year. Well, almost everyone (Utah), but the Utes are legit on that side as you know.

Washington's passing game isn't good: the offenses Oregon's struggled against the last few years are the ones that can throw it really well. I see them running it well enough with Freeman to put some points up with the Huskies struggling to pass from behind. Also not entirely sold on UW as a great defense.

PS: I wonder what we're missing with that Arizona line. I've actually seen it as low as -7 elsewhere: you'd think they'd be able to cover that against a pretty mediocre Colorado outfit, but who knows...

PSUEagle

@bruin

Was talking to @bruin228 about Bradley before the season began: the soft coverage is unfortunately a staple of his. Was actually surprised Mora hired him: his defenses tended to struggle against the spread type offenses that populate the Pac 12 while he was at Penn State.

I like Mazzone more than Brock, but sometimes it does feel like he's too spread for spread's sake, if you know what I mean. Love watching that Perkins kid though: first time I've had a chance to really see him up close. He's a legitimate talent.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The Sharty sign almost made me choke on my coffee

I'm a sucker for the Waterboy farmer coach rubbing his tits as well

Bdub

I was hoping Brock would chime in, but here's my thought process: Oregon has scored points/moved the ball on everyone this year. Well, almost everyone (Utah), but the Utes are legit on that side as you know.

Washington's passing game isn't good: the offenses Oregon's struggled against the last few years are the ones that can throw it really well. I see them running it well enough with Freeman to put some points up with the Huskies struggling to pass from behind. Also not entirely sold on UW as a great defense.

PS: I wonder what we're missing with that Arizona line. I've actually seen it as low as -7 elsewhere: you'd think they'd be able to cover that against a pretty mediocre Colorado outfit, but who knows...
Makes sense. My thought is that anyone can score on Oregon so why can't Washington. Utah has a very mediocre offense as they always have and they still put up 60 on them but who knows.

I don't think the Arizona game will be a blow out but they should win by two td or so.

bruin

@bruin

Was talking to @bruin228 about Bradley before the season began: the soft coverage is unfortunately a staple of his. Was actually surprised Mora hired him: his defenses tended to struggle against the spread type offenses that populate the Pac 12 while he was at Penn State.

I like Mazzone more than Brock, but sometimes it does feel like he's too spread for spread's sake, if you know what I mean. Love watching that Perkins kid though: first time I've had a chance to really see him up close. He's a legitimate talent.

I fear for what Goff is going to do to us next week. Unfortunately the injuries have really hit home. Moreau was our best cover corner and Jack was basically a hybrid LB/S that could do anything. You lose your two best cover guys with a coach who already plays it pretty soft in a pass first league ? Mother.

Yeah, Perkins is a pleasure to watch. Runs down hill. Kinda reminds me of a more agile Skip Hicks.

Bdub

I fear for what Goff is going to do to us next week. Unfortunately the injuries have really hit home. Moreau was our best cover corner and Jack was basically a hybrid LB/S that could do anything. You lose your two best cover guys with a coach who already plays it pretty soft in a pass first league ? Mother.

Yeah, Perkins is a pleasure to watch. Runs down hill. Kinda reminds me of a more agile Skip Hicks.
Hopefully he will throw 5 more interceptions.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches

The show isn't any different, it's just that people grow up and become cynical jaded fucks. :laughing:

PSUEagle

Purdue +24
Baylor -20
S. Car -2.5
Oregon +3
New Mexico -5
KSU +4.5
Buffalo +6.5
Arizona -7
Air Force -3

Iffy on this last one, but I'm going to trust my gut that Mike Bobo sucks and gets out coached here.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Would love to see wvu play BU well but I feel like they're just too undisciplined.

Carolina Blue

Ger Tergers!

CRiC4mSUcAApQev.jpg:large

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Purdue +24
Baylor -20
S. Car -2.5
Oregon +3
New Mexico -5
KSU +4.5
Buffalo +6.5
Arizona -7
Air Force -3

Iffy on this last one, but I'm going to trust my gut that Mike Bobo sucks and gets out coached here.

Missed out on that Wazzu game, man.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I especially love the fullback hitting a wall at the goalline, 5 seconds later everyone gives up and he falls into end zone. Side judge runs in like dunkin donuts is giving free jelly donuts away and signals touchdown, and it's upheld

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh and they threw the wrong guy out for targeting, which was arguably not targeting at all.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I especially love the fullback hitting a wall at the goalline, 5 seconds later everyone gives up and he falls into end zone. Side judge runs in like dunkin donuts is giving free jelly donuts away and signals touchdown, and it's upheld

Definitely thought that was going to be overturned despite nobody blowing a whistle.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
After watching the replay 20 times. I mean holy fuck this isn't hard. Fucking mongoloids

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That Memphis qb the next BORTLES

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
SEC SEC SEC

Lose to an AAC basketball school who actually has a kind of shitty basketball team, lol