• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 9 adv Thursday

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I have Sands in Ivy tonight not sure I can get 2 games in

For some reason I thought today was Thursday. Anyhoo we can plan on somewhere between 8:30-9:30 pm EST start time tomorrow/Thursday night or Friday @Akecheta

Last edited:

Akecheta

For some reason I thought today was Thursday. Anyhoo we can plan on somewhere between 8:30-9:30 pm EST start time tomorrow/Thursday night or Friday @Akecheta

If I can play tomorrow it will be closer to 9:45 EST, my meeting gets over at 9 est we normally run over 15 to 20 mins then its a 20 min drive home.

Akecheta

Another fucking game On the road, in the rain and Navy hasn't thrown a single pass within 10 yards of the LOS and is 7 of 9 for 150 yards... bullshit

Akecheta

Same shit over and over is old and repetitive. I don't wanna hear no bullshit "I've been playing for x years." we've ALL been playing this game forever. The QBA thing is just retarded when you are forced to throw screen after screen that get blown up in the back field while the other guy misses two passes one of which was a drop, NONE of which were less that 10 yards down field. Then its "Oh well you were on the road it takes a whole half." "Well it was raining so ...." Well a QB that is EQUAL to mine just went 11 of 13 in the first half for 220 yards 3 TDs and NEVER once threw the ball shorter than 10 yards. drilling 10 yard ins, lobbing perfect 15 yard flag routes.

That doesn't even mention the route mirroring and other bullshit, not sure if Navy uses the delayed bump and run or what but its worn out. I can't afford to keep replacing broken controllers because of my games in these OD's.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@Akecheta

Thanks for playing and it's true - if it's more aggravation than fun then there is no reason to play the game. However, if you ever want to play you know where to find us.

Akecheta

@Akecheta

Thanks for playing and it's true - if it's more aggravation than fun then there is no reason to play the game. However, if you ever want to play you know where to find us.

I'll still be playing in other OD's where its better players than me, but not guys who use sliders to win. When the sliders are setup where all that is preached to people is complete short routes to, complete 5 passes, do this do that, but then everyone else in the league NEVER has to do that. I may not have played here much but I can count on one hand the amount of times "5 QBA got you" Meaning certain people have an advantage. Again its played out and tired. Its not a level playing field and it only holds back certain players.

With that said I did say that of the two league Ivy League needed 5 QBA but it may need an even lower setting because Harvard is ranked 15 and won the NC last season. That should have been impossible.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'll still be playing in other OD's where its better players than me, but not guys who use sliders to win. When the sliders are setup where all that is preached to people is complete short routes to, complete 5 passes, do this do that, but then everyone else in the league NEVER has to do that. I may not have played here much but I can count on one hand the amount of times "5 QBA got you" Meaning certain people have an advantage. Again its played out and tired. Its not a level playing field and it only holds back certain players.

With that said I did say that of the two league Ivy League needed 5 QBA but it may need an even lower setting because Harvard is ranked 15 and won the NC last season. That should have been impossible.

I don't understand how I'm using the sliders to win. We all play with the same sliders so I don't know how that penalizes any one person. I have discovered, and shared here, that until your QB gets hot to not hot route. Can't explain it, but it seems to cause errant passes.

You beat the guy @BulgyTexas that beat me twice last year (one game by 30+ pts). Some guys are just bad match-ups for other guys. Bruin228 and Txhusker used to give me fits. This game you had the ball inside my 10, down by 6 late in the 3rd qtr when I got the user pick. This last game was competitive.

guardman23

I don't understand how I'm using the sliders to win. We all play with the same sliders so I don't know how that penalizes any one person. I have discovered, and shared here, that until your QB gets hot to not hot route. Can't explain it, but it seems to cause errant passes.

You beat the guy @BulgyTexas that beat me twice last year (one game by 30+ pts). Some guys are just bad match-ups for other guys. Bruin228 and Txhusker used to give me fits. This game you had the ball inside my 10, down by 6 late in the 3rd qtr when I got the user pick. This last game was competitive.
I think he means he wants it like online ranked

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
I think he means he wants it like online ranked

This. And throwing in rhythm makes a big difference. 3 steps and zip it, 5 steps and zip it. When I sit in the pocket for a long time the pass is more likely to be off.

Getting the QB loose on a few designed runs or options helps him get into the flow as well.

Wrong quote. Meant to quote Navy.

Akecheta

LOL my first 5 attempts had zero hot routes and I was 2 for 5 with 4 yards one of them was blown up for a 4 yard loss. You were 5 of 5 going 10 yards plus with each pass hot routes had shit to do with it

Akecheta

But that bullshit comment is why I don't want to deal with it anymore. You scored on every single drive to include going the length of the field with 20 seconds in the half.

Akecheta

The problem is I had your run game shut down, held your #1 back to 32 yards and your Heisman QB to 44 yards, but while I'm at home and cant hit a 5 yard slant after completing umpteen screens to "warm" up your first pass was a 3rd and 12 thrown perfectly. That's not a match up issue.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Rhythm passing is definitely a big key. I rarely move my QB on the snap and let the auto-drop move him back a step or two. I feel like I have a good feel for when guys are breaking out of their routes and when to zip or add touch. It's 1st read, 2nd read and if that's not there look for the check down or scramble.

You made the reads really easy by playing man to man 95% of the time. I play zone about 80% of the time and try to muddy up the middle of the field with a LB in passing situations. I'm going to blow up most screens by doing that too.

Akecheta

Rhythm passing is definitely a big key. I rarely move my QB on the snap and let the auto-drop move him back a step or two. I feel like I have a good feel for when guys are breaking out of their routes and when to zip or add touch. It's 1st read, 2nd read and if that's not there look for the check down or scramble.

You made the reads really easy by playing man to man 95% of the time. I play zone about 80% of the time and try to muddy up the middle of the field with a LB in passing situations. I'm going to blow up most screens by doing that too.

Except I didn't play Man 95% of the time, I played some man from the 335 stack, but I also used quite a bit of Cover 3,4 and 6. I rotated from Quarters to 335 stack, 425, 425 over and under, and Dime Cover 3 and Cover 3 Buzz.

Akecheta

And once again you avoid the damn point of 99% of my anger, NEVER once in a game vs me have you been constricted to "warming up" your QB but you sure a shit preach it over and over again

Akecheta

He is damn good with this setup I've never denied that, hell I would say I'm probably middle of the pack if that in this damn league but I've managed to get BETTER against everyone. Except him, and its the same thing with the QB every fucking time.

Walter323

cfd0cb8291e2e6238f9a389449f845b2.jpg

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I have been playing ncaa leagues for like 7 years here, you do realize Navyhog was a hall of famer like 4 years ago? I mean really, we had a Hall of fame induction for him in the BSCFL, its even on a podcast. The most titles of anybody ever playing in the "leagues", highest winning %, a legit HOF'r. We have had players who played better during time periods, but Navyhog has been top 2 since he has been here. Now he is a total homo, and is way over competitive, but its not like your playing a newb.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
And once again you avoid the damn point of 99% of my anger, NEVER once in a game vs me have you been constricted to "warming up" your QB but you sure a shit preach it over and over again

I'm not really preaching anything per say, just giving my 2 cents for what works for me. It may or may not work. Flann passes me silly and would probably say some of the same stuff.

Akecheta

I have been playing ncaa leagues for like 7 years here, you do realize Navyhog was a hall of famer like 4 years ago? I mean really, we had a Hall of fame induction for him in the BSCFL, its even on a podcast. The most titles of anybody ever playing in the "leagues", highest winning %, a legit HOF'r. We have had players who played better during time periods, but Navyhog has been top 2 since he has been here. Now he is a total homo, and is way over competitive, but its not like your playing a newb.

Never said I was playing a newb or that he isn't good. I'm not insulting the guy. I just think its stupid as shit to sit here and tell everyone who ever has an issue with this setup that you have to "warm up" and complete 5 passes this, and do that, and if you're on the road it causes this. then have those same people do exactly the OPPOSITE of that and have more success.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
Your qb couldn't miss mine couldn't hit 2 throws in a row that's garbage
you scored 32, that should keep you in the game, but my QB went 35-38 for 9tds, you can't play bump and run every play, thats why i threw a deep ball every time, you have to change up your D

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
Never said I was playing a newb or that he isn't good. I'm not insulting the guy. I just think its stupid as shit to sit here and tell everyone who ever has an issue with this setup that you have to "warm up" and complete 5 passes this, and do that, and if you're on the road it causes this. then have those same people do exactly the OPPOSITE of that and have more success.
Navyhog and walter don't throw allot. Bruin and I throw allot, so it hurts us more than anybody. my first play of every game is a cross. If he hits it, i know i'm ready to go, if he misses, i know i have to warm him up. I don't throw the ball over 10yds unless its a comeback until he is warmed up. i warm him up with throws around the line of scrimmage. all you need is 3 straight completions to warm him up.