• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 9 adv Thursday

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@Akecheta I like you man and I wish you well over there in Jonesboro with your young family. This game is my only "vice" and good diversion from real life problems. We're going to always disagree on the passing accuracy issue and it's not going to change.

guardman23

you scored 32, that should keep you in the game, but my QB went 35-38 for 9tds, you can't play bump and run every play, thats why i threw a deep ball every time, you have to change up your D
I tried everything not much you can do when the game decides your qb is gonna miss a 5 yard pass by a mile my grandmother can hit a drag route

Akecheta

Navyhog and walter don't throw allot. Bruin and I throw allot, so it hurts us more than anybody. my first play of every game is a cross. If he hits it, i know i'm ready to go, if he misses, i know i have to warm him up. I don't throw the ball over 10yds unless its a comeback until he is warmed up. i warm him up with throws around the line of scrimmage. all you need is 3 straight completions to warm him up.

And what I'm telling you is no shit, swear before a court in my last 4 games with Navy he starts throwing 10 yard flags and in routes from the jump. There is no warm up period, my guy couldn't hit the grand canyon if he was standing on the ledge if I tried something like that. You are a PRIME example of someone that beat my brains in the first half dozen times we played I found a way to combat that.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
And what I'm telling you is no shit, swear before a court in my last 4 games with Navy he starts throwing 10 yard flags and in routes from the jump. There is no warm up period, my guy couldn't hit the grand canyon if he was standing on the ledge if I tried something like that. You are a PRIME example of someone that beat my brains in the first half dozen times we played I found a way to combat that.

I felt the same way playing @bruin228. He would complete everything against me from the opening snap - didn't seem to phase him.

Akecheta

@Akecheta I like you man and I wish you well over there in Jonesboro with your young family. This game is my only "vice" and good diversion from real life problems. We're going to always disagree on the passing accuracy issue and it's not going to change.

There is nothing to disagree about, fact is there is something some tick some glitch whatever you want to call it that allows you to do what no one else does. That's the fact.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
There is nothing to disagree about, fact is there is something some tick some glitch whatever you want to call it that allows you to do what no one else does. That's the fact.

Ask @BulgyTexas

My QB was way off in the championship game, WR dropped passes, CB dropped INTs. Now he had a lot to do with it by doing a terrific job of mixing up defenses and making a lot of user plays at LB.

It's an imperfect FB video game. IDK.

image.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't really remember having games like that against Navy consistently, but I do know sometimes I'd go up against him or Flann or Walter or whoever and their guy would start out hot while mine struggled. I've been the benefit of the same thing though, I remember a game against Navy when I was Maryland where I hit a 20 yard hole shot against Cover 2 the first play of the game. That never happened again, but it did happen that one time and it was total luck. Stuff like that just happens.

I never had an issue with QBA 5 after the first series though. I dunno why you have such trouble with it, maybe it's something as simple or weird as how you press the buttons, I have no idea. But I always thought the warm up stuff was true and worked. I always started every game with a mid screen or a hitch or something really simple and by the 3rd or 4th throw I could always get something going. And at the end of the day, it'd lead to me completing about 70% of my passes or so, which I was happy with because it's more accurate to real life. The game is totally unplayable at anything higher because defense is already garbage and then you have QBs from Tulane and NMSU completing 90% of their passes with ease. I'm not going to pretend QBA 5 never annoyed me, but I was overall comfortable with it; maybe because I use QBA 5 on my offline stuff and had a lot of practice with it before I started playing here. I dunno, if you can't get past it, you can't, but it makes the game more playable in my opinion.

guardman23

I've played plenty of defensive games with qba 10 an in online ranked I like to run first an you can't with these sliders cause when you have to pass your fucked

LEGEND

I feel like @Akecheta & @guardman23... but that's no surprise to any of you! I have those same games against @NavyHog and @Flanntastic! I'm surprised when they actually miss a throw. They come right out the gate in most games hitting what ever pass they attempt.

Sure there are times where they might miss once or twice.... But the remainder are usually darts! On the other side I'm starting 0-5, 6, or 7 on simple slants or hitch routes. I've had games where I hit my first 5 attempts and the next 3 aren't in the same state as the receivers!

There is more to it than just warming up! I had a game where I completed all 10 of my passes in the 1st half. I came out 3rd Qtr and couldn't buy a completion the entire qtr. It's extremely frustrating when you have guys open and the cpu decides nope not this time!

I'm not going to start talk of changing 5 Qba... But what needs to be tried is changing from Heisman to All American. I've read on OS many times how the wacky issues you have with Heisman don't occur on AA.

Can we look into that?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

guardman23

I feel like @Akecheta & @guardman23... but that's no surprise to any of you! I have those same games against @NavyHog and @Flanntastic! I'm surprised when they actually miss a throw. They come right out the gate in most games hitting what ever pass they attempt.

Sure there are times where they might miss once or twice.... But the remainder are usually darts! On the other side I'm starting 0-5, 6, or 7 on simple slants or hitch routes. I've had games where I hit my first 5 attempts and the next 3 aren't in the same state as the receivers!

There is more to it than just warming up! I had a game where I completed all 10 of my passes in the 1st half. I came out 3rd Qtr and couldn't buy a completion the entire qtr. It's extremely frustrating when you have guys open and the cpu decides nope not this time!

I'm not going to start talk of changing 5 Qba... But what needs to be tried is changing from Heisman to All American. I've read on OS many times how the wacky issues you have with Heisman don't occur on AA.

Can we look into that?

I'm trying to start one up also if you play madden we could start a league

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

Can we look into that?

I think you guys biggest problems is mashing the button to hard and/or throwing while moving. I know akecheta tried to throw a rollout pass that rarely worked against me. I also think that throwing at the right moment when the WR is coming out of/or starting his break matters. I know sometimes when I anticipate to early, or throw early before the rush, and try to zip it it is often an errant pass. My 2 cents.

LEGEND

I think you guys biggest problems is mashing the button to hard and/or throwing while moving. I know akecheta tried to throw a rollout pass that rarely worked against me. I also think that throwing at the right moment when the WR is coming out of/or starting his break matters. I know sometimes when I anticipate to early, or throw early before the rush, and try to zip it it is often an errant pass. My 2 cents.
I'd agree... if I saw the same issues across the board... But that's not the case. I've seen you guys come out the gate throwing darts into tight windows! If you miss a pass... it's a little off the mark... Definitely not the WTF passes we experience. I've seen the same crap Akecheta explained too many times...

I've watched passes over and over in replay after the game. There are many instances where your feet weren't set or you threw too soon and they were darts! I've adjusted my passing to assure my feet are set and allowed time for receiver to get into break.

With all that I'll still throw a pass that's not even remotely close to the off the mark throws you have made with bad mechanics. In our most recent game our Qb's attributes were identical... Yet you came out the gate darting the field without that necessary warm up you speak of! To make it worse... I was the home team and my Qb couldn't hit crap!

So yes... that is very frustrating!!! I can't explain why... but it leads not only Akecheta but myself as well to believe the playing field is not leveled.

guardman23

Just move it to Qba 10 so we can have a comppetive fun dynasty every team bama played that was worth a shit was a shoot out it's the time we live in in football