• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

year 8 week 11

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
What's the deal with not being able to go for it past your own 40? I saw at least half a dozen teams do that this weekend.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
What I've seen so far in both of my stuns in this dynasty:
Cheese ball is the only way to win - 4 wides, zone read, and short passes
Pro style and non-gun spread offenses stand no chance due to 5 QBA
Defenses stack 9 in the box without punishment

@Walter323 Excuse my bitch fest, but there's a reason so many people leave this OD. Without a 99 OVR QB, your dead meat. Not sim at all.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What's the deal with not being able to go for it past your own 40? I saw at least half a dozen teams do that this weekend.

Because of the same reasons you're complaing about my offense. I guess TCU's offense is cheese.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It's not anybody's job to tell you what offense to run nor is it anyone's job to fix the problems that have been known about the game since it was released 2 years ago.

I ran the table with an 87 OVR QB and a worse team than you inherited at Michigan. It's not like you're playing with scrubs.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Slider tweaking was intended to fix the game. I was a part of the group that worked on the sliders we're using. I made it known then 5 QBA broke the game from a strategic standpoint. The main guy that lobbied to keep 5 QBA doesn't even play now.

What's the point in a league where everyone runs the same offense? I've been playing this game over ten years now, it's not like I'm a moron when it comes to play calling. It boils down to the game is broken when you don't run a HUNH spread, and the current slider set makes that issue even more apparent.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Slider tweaking was intended to fix the game. I was a part of the group that worked on the sliders we're using. I made it known then 5 QBA broke the game from a strategic standpoint. The main guy that lobbied to keep 5 QBA doesn't even play now.

What's the point in a league where everyone runs the same offense? I've been playing this game over ten years now, it's not like I'm a moron when it comes to play calling. It boils down to the game is broken when you don't run a HUNH spread, and the current slider set makes that issue even more apparent.

Cal: up tempo Air Raid
Georgia: run first Pro
Tennessee: run first Spread
Ohio State: pass first Spread
Arkansas: balanced Pro
WVU: balanced Pro/Spread
Michigan: Pro
SC: up tempo balanced Spread

That doesn't really seem like everyone's running the same offense. I've completed over 70% of my passes every year with Cal and I didn't have a QB over 90 until this year. I'd love to raise QBA to 10 because I'd never lose. Instead of throwing a bad pass on a 3rd down, the ball will never touch the ground.If you have any sort of patience, QBA 5 is fine. The game is absolutely unplayable at 10 QBA.

LEGEND

Let me just remove my comments as I'm wasting my breath. Green.
Yes you are... I'm leaving the OD seasons end for the reasons you mentioned! No one is going to admit... that this is lobby/cheese ball going on in this dyn.

5 qba assures that!

Bruin points out the different styles of offenses... but in reality, everyone is running the same offense! You are forced to. Yeah people have their own twist... But to succeed you have to do the same crap. It's stupid to say I have to throw screens and hitches for a qtr... before I can complete angle routes or slants consistently.

I'd much rather play a 65-63 shootout than the bull crap we're playing now! You really only get to run a pro style offense against the cpu. You can't strictly run a pro style with 5 QBA against users!

Like you mentioned... they will just stack the box knowing there are only a few passes you could possibly complete with that accuracy! Doesn't take a rocket scientist... Smh!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
First off the talk that this league is UNSIM or lobby ball is just wrong. I respect @JSU Zack and @LEGEND, but I couldn't disagree more. If you are getting beat with 5 accuracy I don't think it's going to change by going to 10. I don't think it differentiates between someone UC vice being in the gun. If you go to 10 you are going to have some guys completing 75-80% of their passes.

With that being said I have no problem with going from 5 to 10 QB accuracy if it's the consensus of the group. I want to keep quality members and if that is what it takes then so be it.

I will also add that you can win with a traditional UC offense (Arkansas base). That is what I'm currently running and I keep the games competitive.

LEGEND

Anyone that has played me in other OD's.. knows I like to use motion to create my own routes/plays. I like to run timing routes that rely on accuracy!

I know where the wr is going to be... So I throw early. 5 qba makes that impossible! I know where the wr is going to be.. But the ball is a entirely different story! I could understand with lesser talent... But 99 ovr qb's can't throw simple slants or angle routes... Much less more sophisticated timing routes!

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
First off the talk that this league is UNSIM or lobby ball is just wrong. I respect @JSU Zack and @LEGEND, but I couldn't disagree more. If you are getting beat with 5 accuracy I don't think it's going to change by going to 10. I don't think it differentiates between someone UC vice being in the gun. If you go to 10 you are going to have some guys completing 75-80% of their passes.

With that being said I have no problem with going from 5 to 10 QB accuracy if it's the consensus of the group. I want to keep quality members and if that is what it takes then so be it.

I will also add that you can win with a traditional UC offense (Arkansas base). That is what I'm currently running and I keep the games competitive.

Navy, I'd like to see your stats vs. users if possible. Any way we can get those online? Bear in mind, the OD site is broken for me.

I'm not trying to start a riot here, but games like last night make me want to throw my hands up in the air - not due to Bruin but because the whole game seemed so unbalanced. For example, I had him beat deep on two plays - in any other league, those are huge gains that force him into two-high coverage. Another example: he hits a dig vs. a Cover 3 zone with a robber and two defenders in the only holes the dig would traditionally work against. The whole thing seems inconsistent. It's hard to rely on strategy when you always have in the back of your "Can I throw this?".

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Navy, I'd like to see your stats vs. users if possible. Any way we can get those online? Bear in mind, the OD site is broken for me.

I'm not trying to start a riot here, but games like last night make me want to throw my hands up in the air - not due to Bruin but because the whole game seemed so unbalanced. For example, I had him beat deep on two plays - in any other league, those are huge gains that force him into two-high coverage. Another example: he hits a dig vs. a Cover 3 zone with a robber and two defenders in the only holes the dig would traditionally work against. The whole thing seems inconsistent. It's hard to rely on strategy when you always have in the back of your "Can I throw this?".

This was my last game against @bruin228 in the Championship game last year:

(AP) Indianapolis...Michigan??? - The two time defending champion #2 California Golden Bears came from 47-35 down with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to win their 3rd straight Big Ten championship 50-47 over the #4 Arkansas Razorbacks. They scored in less than a minute to cut it to 47-42 and kicked off to the Razorbacks with the hope of just making one stop. At the time the Razorbacks were confident as AA-TB Cousin Eddie was running away, around and over the helpless Bear defenders (25+ carries - 175+ yds). It was 3rd-2, with 2:30 left, the Razorbacks with the ball on their 45, when a Eddie broke off tackle for a 15 yard play before a hard hit dislodged the ball and the Bears greedily snapped it up. The Bears eventually scored, to include converting a 4th and 3 pass that was very close to being tipped and just barely inched across the yard marker, with 21 seconds left to seal the victory.

MISC game notes
- that was the first fumble of the year for Eddie (83 carrying) in 250 rushing and receiving attempts
- Arkansas twice fumbled after intercepting the ball losing one of them. The fumble they lost was inside their red zone.
- neither team punted, but combined for 8 turnovers. 4 INTs for CAL and 2 INT/2 fumble for Arkansas.

Neither one of us really stopped the other. As you can see my #1 TB had 175 yds rushing. I ran zone, stretch and dive all game long. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I also threw for around 300 yards.

It's very frustrating playing @bruin228 because if you play zone he will call shallow zone until your eyes bleed, but you know I don't blame him if it's there. We all know the game has it's limitations that we just have to accept.

LEGEND

Navy,

You have guys doing that now! Look at Bruin, blue jay, and Flann. You know why? Because they are going to screen and hitch route you to death! That was always looked down upon going back to old utopia. Now it's accepted as the norm?

Some, myself included... Don't like playing that way! I'm not big on screens or hitches... Why should I be forced to throw them? That's what 5 qba does... It forces me to run plays I'm not comfortable with. Yes completions goes up with 10 qba... But it goes up for everyone!

I bet you'd notice a vast difference in how people run their offenses too!

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
You guys make legitimate points.

I will say I like calling a lot screens no matter what the QB accuracy. Keeps your opponent on their toes.

Walter323

I haven't been involved with OD's as long as the rest of you guys. I started roughly a year ago so I'm not sure on how it used to be but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Does QBA 5 suck at times? Yes it blows. I hate having to throw screens, angle routes, and hitches to get my qb "warmed up". I hate it when I have a wide open WR and my 99 ovr qb its 15 yards off.

On the other side, I've played in an OD with QBA 10 and it feels like every qb in on the money non stop and almost too easy to pass. In this OD every qb threw for over 5,000 yards and there wasn't one user rb that ran for 1,000 or more.

I guess I'm fine with either way. I will adjust my offence to either one. I have adjusted just fine to QBA 5 with going more run first. If this OD decides to go QBA 10, I will hire Mike Leach as my OC and throw the shit out of the ball

LEGEND

I haven't been involved with OD's as long as the rest of you guys. I started roughly a year ago so I'm not sure on how it used to be but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Does QBA 5 suck at times? Yes it blows. I hate having to throw screens, angle routes, and hitches to get my qb "warmed up". I hate it when I have a wide open WR and my 99 ovr qb its 15 yards off.

On the other side, I've played in an OD with QBA 10 and it feels like every qb in on the money non stop and almost too easy to pass. In this OD every qb threw for over 5,000 yards and there wasn't one user rb that ran for 1,000 or more.

I guess I'm fine with either way. I will adjust my offence to either one. I have adjusted just fine to QBA 5 with going more run first. If this OD decides to go QBA 10, I will hire Mike Leach as my OC and throw the shit out of the ball
That's fine.. if that's what you choose. I like angle routes.. In fact, I love them! But, why should I have to wait a qtr or in some cases (worst scenario) 3 qtr's to complete them consistently to uncovered rb's? My rb's are consistently left uncovered by everyone I play... Yet, I can't exploit this with an elite qb!

It puts handcuffs on everything I like to do on offense. I'm not the kind of player that runs the same route more than 2-3 times a game. I use my entire play book... 5 qba takes 3/4 of my plays completely away!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
play-better-gif.gif

Akecheta

Well I think we all know I damn near left the OD over my QB being shat, and my OL being unable to block a kitten. With that I was forced into passing and yet my QB who wasn't 99 overall but did have 87 or 88 accuracy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. I don't see how that is really sim, Now I'm playing as ND and I have an OL worth half a puppy and I run the ball 40+ times a game throwing a top amount of 20 times which I guess is respectable but its very difficult for me because frankly I don't like that style of play.

@LEGEND and I have been playing a lot of games trying to teach me different skill sets and letting him lab up his playbooks. We're on the same page, I'd rather Bruin complete 90% of his passes if that means I can get to 50% than have him complete 70% while I can only get to 20%. I personally hate screens, I like swing routes and wheel routes, but at 5 QBA its extremely hard to hit those. With 10 QBA there is a vast improvement in those routes without making it so easy a caveman can do it. I joined yall and 5 QBA is what yall use so I will get used to it, or get my ass kicked until I just can't enjoy the game anymore (been there once already). I honestly haven't played against NavyHog yet or at least not that I can remember I don't know how you line up in an I Form or Power I and get anything done I made that attempt and its impossible for me to run anywhere and being under center I have zero chance to throw any routes including screens.

Anyway I do believe I have gotten substantially better overall in playing with you guys and I really would like to learn more. I just don't like having to handcuff myself into a running 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, 5th, 6th option for the first half because I know coming in to it my QB can't throw a 5 yard out route as a warm up. Meaning the guy I'm playing against KNOWS I have to throw a ton of screens or slam my RB into a 9 man front.l

LEGEND

That's the thing!

For guys like bruin... he's happy because he's comfortable. For those of us that don't play that way it's a pain in the ass! Even with a warmed up qb... You're not making many of the throws you need to from I formation!

It's virtually impossible for you to with 5 qba. Yet they have their entire offense at their disposal! Why? Because their offense is drags, screens, hitches. Mesh etc... Why would they have a problem with 5 qba?

Limit your effectiveness while having their full arsenal sounds like a win win to me.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

QBs in real life miss wide open deep balls all the time. This is the problem with you guys' mentality. You think you should complete every single pass that's open. That's not realistic in any way, shape, or form.

You hit a dig against me vs. Cover 3 when I dropped 7 guys into coverage and had 3 guys all around the ball and I got stuck on a DL so I couldn't user cover. Coverage in this game is terrible unless you do it yourself. This is nothing remotely new.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@bruin228's smugness is infuriating. God, I love this board. It's easy to make negative comments when you have an advantage.

I'm just going to clear my recruiting board and start from scratch with this team. My only win so far was running the portion of my offense that looks similar to Bruin's. I'm going to gut the rest. Pro style be damned. I'll just play Madden for that.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That huge advantage I have with asking for the league to have a lower QB accuracy with my air raid offense.

Akecheta

That huge advantage I have with asking for the league to have a lower QB accuracy with my air raid offense.
The huge advantage you have IMO is the bubble screen, WR screen, hitch, crossig routes are what your offense is all about. I dont run that way, and it seems there is about 1/3 of the league that feels that way. I dont think you're any more accurate per say its just the pigeonhole 5 QBA pits us all in suits you while not others.

I dont think anyone is asking to choke your offense down its that a few of us that like different "warm up" routes are basically locked out of ours.

But like I mentioned. I picked a new team that gave me a chance to change everything about how I play in order to hopefully be more competitive.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I complete 70% at acc5, now I don't throw much until the 2nd half, but it's still a real stat.

Try acc10, but don't bitch when we don't punt but 3 times during a season.

And if we do acc10 we should make the 4th down rules even harder.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk 2

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
@Jsu jack the 4th down rules were done to slow down scoring and give the game more defense, it made a huge difference.

NavyHog s offense isn't a spread, it's more of a power option

If we change the slider we should make int and pass defense go up

LEGEND

@Jsu jack the 4th down rules were do slow down scoring and give the game more defense, it made a huge difference.

NavyHog s offense isn't a spread, it's more of a power option

If we change the slider we should make int and pass defense gonup

I'm ok with those changes... Again, it's only to give everyone a equal opportunity. @bruin... the deep ball is not what any of us is complaining about. I can hit deep balls.. Although, my Qb did miss on 6-7 b4 last advance.

Streaks are there with 5 it's a lot of the other routes that are almost impossible.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The huge advantage you have IMO is the bubble screen, WR screen, hitch, crossig routes are what your offense is all about. I dont run that way, and it seems there is about 1/3 of the league that feels that way. I dont think you're any more accurate per say its just the pigeonhole 5 QBA pits us all in suits you while not others.

I dont think anyone is asking to choke your offense down its that a few of us that like different "warm up" routes are basically locked out of ours.

But like I mentioned. I picked a new team that gave me a chance to change everything about how I play in order to hopefully be more competitive.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I ran a completely different offense against you in the BSCFL than I run in this OD. I rarely throw bubble because most people don't often give me, it's really that simple. If you cover the guy, I'm not going to throw it. I throw a few screens a game, more if you don't cover the slot and I can use bubble, but not that many. Screens are a huge part of the air raid passing game, I'm not going to go away from that but to say that it's a huge staple of my game is just wrong. I rarely throw hitches, I don't run Smash all that often. But I'm sure anyone would rather me take the hitch than the corner, it's a 6-7 yard gain vs. a 15-20 yard one. I ran Smash once last night and hit the corner for 25 yards. But I only throw hitches lol. And yep, I love shallows because I'm a Leach guy. Mesh and Shallow are my favorite concepts. But to say I use shallow as my warm up play and that I have an advantage over anyone else is just wrong. I'm less likely to throw shallow at the beginning of a game because with 5 QBA in full effect, the QB almost always misses. I ran zero shallow routes on my first drive last night.

I throw more than anyone. I run far more routes than anyone. I use a lot of quick game, sure, but I've always gotten a lot better about deep and intermediate stuff. In my CCG against Navy, I completed around 20 passes for 400 yards. That's 20 YPA. That's not from hitches and screens and shallows.

You can play with this stuff all day. My personnel at Cal can't run anything other than a 4-2-5 right now because I've done a poor job recruiting LBs and the front 4 has been the strength of my team for 4 years. Plus, I like how the 4-2-5 plays out. Yet it has all sorts of alignment issues. This becomes a huge problem when you have @LEGEND motioning every single play and screwing up who's playing what zone. Did I ask for that to be banned? No. I did the best I could and won. This defense is also a huge problem when I play @Walter323 and I'm getting run all over despite putting 9 in the box. It frustrates the shit out of me and I've been a sore loser after games but I haven't asked to get it changed because I need to find a way to adapt. I love to know how sim it is to play man almost exclusively and run Cover 0 5 times in a row, like @JSU Zack did after going down 14-0. I could go play a ranked game right now and play against that, I play OD to get away from that. Did I complain? No. I found it rather obnoxious but I kept throwing my man beaters and moved down the field a bit until I threw a pick six when he finally switched to zone for a play. You can bitch about stuff all day in this game. But you're never going to get any better at the game if you just look for ways to cater to the 3 things you want to do and never think outside of that. Sometimes you don't get to do everything you want to do. I'd love to open games up with certain plays that I can't because I know my QB will throw an incompletion. So I do something else. If you just sit here and find things to complain about, you're never going to be happy with the game and should probably stop playing it.

Akecheta

I'm ok with those changes... Again, it's only to give everyone a equal opportunity. @bruin... the deep ball is not what any of us is complaining about. I can hit deep balls.. Although, my Qb did miss on 6-7 b4 last advance.

Streaks are there with 5 it's a lot of the other routes that are almost impossible.

Exactly, not much more annoying than throwing a perfect seam route 25 yards down field followed by a angle route to the right hash that hits the Safety on the left side of the screen 15 yards down field. No QB Ive ever seen does that without being hammered on the throw.

LEGEND

Keep in mind.... For people like myself who don't throw screens and hitches. It takes a lot longer for our Qb's to get warmed up! We are dealing with a lot more errant throws than you guys.

Why should we be forced to adapt? Much more simple to set it at 10 and level the field.

Walter323

Exactly, not much more annoying than throwing a perfect seam route 25 yards down field followed by a angle route to the right hash that hits the Safety on the left side of the screen 15 yards down field. No QB Ive ever seen does that without being hammered on the throw.
Watch Mitch Leidner from the gophers

Akecheta

I ran a completely different offense against you in the BSCFL than I run in this OD. I rarely throw bubble because most people don't often give me, it's really that simple. If you cover the guy, I'm not going to throw it. I throw a few screens a game, more if you don't cover the slot and I can use bubble, but not that many. Screens are a huge part of the air raid passing game, I'm not going to go away from that but to say that it's a huge staple of my game is just wrong. I rarely throw hitches, I don't run Smash all that often. But I'm sure anyone would rather me take the hitch than the corner, it's a 6-7 yard gain vs. a 15-20 yard one. I ran Smash once last night and hit the corner for 25 yards. But I only throw hitches lol. And yep, I love shallows because I'm a Leach guy. Mesh and Shallow are my favorite concepts. But to say I use shallow as my warm up play and that I have an advantage over anyone else is just wrong. I'm less likely to throw shallow at the beginning of a game because with 5 QBA in full effect, the QB almost always misses. I ran zero shallow routes on my first drive last night.

I throw more than anyone. I run far more routes than anyone. I use a lot of quick game, sure, but I've always gotten a lot better about deep and intermediate stuff. In my CCG against Navy, I completed around 20 passes for 400 yards. That's 20 YPA. That's not from hitches and screens and shallows.

You can play with this stuff all day. My personnel at Cal can't run anything other than a 4-2-5 right now because I've done a poor job recruiting LBs and the front 4 has been the strength of my team for 4 years. Plus, I like how the 4-2-5 plays out. Yet it has all sorts of alignment issues. This becomes a huge problem when you have @LEGEND motioning every single play and screwing up who's playing what zone. Did I ask for that to be banned? No. I did the best I could and won. This defense is also a huge problem when I play @Walter323 and I'm getting run all over despite putting 9 in the box. It frustrates the shit out of me and I've been a sore loser after games but I haven't asked to get it changed because I need to find a way to adapt. I love to know how sim it is to play man almost exclusively and run Cover 0 5 times in a row, like @JSU Zack did after going down 14-0. I could go play a ranked game right now and play against that, I play OD to get away from that. Did I complain? No. I found it rather obnoxious but I kept throwing my man beaters and moved down the field a bit until I threw a pick six when he finally switched to zone for a play. You can bitch about stuff all day in this game. But you're never going to get any better at the game if you just look for ways to cater to the 3 things you want to do and never think outside of that. Sometimes you don't get to do everything you want to do. I'd love to open games up with certain plays that I can't because I know my QB will throw an incompletion. So I do something else. If you just sit here and find things to complain about, you're never going to be happy with the game and should probably stop playing it.
I believe Ive played you in both ODs and I didnt ask for the rule change. I changed how I played and asked you, walter and legend for tips and scouting reports to improve my game.

Like I already said I joined yall and yall play QBA 5. So Im trying to adjust. I did however comment that I do believe personally that QBA 10 is more sim than QBA 5. I was in no way attacking your style of play or even your comments. I do however believe QBA 5 fits your style of play and gives you an advantage over others who dont play it.

I have picked up a few screens in my offense because of playing here. I also use a ton of motion now because Legend does. I took Walters advice and recruited a more power back for broken tackles and Ive adjusted how I run the read option some.

For me its all learning.

LEGEND

@ Bruin anyone can tell you... motion has always been a part of my game! Even when I ran nothing but wishbone & triple option.

It had absolutely nothing to do with you playing 425! Akecheta can attest to this... I don't even look at defenses anymore. Because my scheme is designed to work against any defense I see.

I'm not being cocky I don't pay attention to what defense anyone is running.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@bruin228 The cover 0 was a part of my game plan for that drive. I threw a different blitz each time to see if I could find a weakness in your OL since my DB's weren't doing shit. I also did it to stop the bubble. I believe one of those blitzes were a check though.

I'm going to try to adapt and keep going at this. I think the personnel I have a UM is solid, but you attacked some glaring holes in both my offense and defense.

If you have time tonight or tomorrow, we can lab if you'd like. I just got pissy last night because I thought I finally had a sound system, and your D blew me to hell.

My QB and the QBA didn't help, but I'm just going to have to build this team to match your talent - which is what I'll be doing from here on out. I'm going to recruit to get guys that can stop your offense. If I can do that, I'll be alright.

The only real alternative is to play offline - which I'm already doing for labbing. I retooled the playbook based on what I saw against you and faced a 4-2-5 with the same sliders. Much different outcome. It is possible lag contributed to last nights debacle as well.