• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

year 8 week 11

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@Walter323 @NavyHog That leaves the 4th down attempts. This isn't a deal-breaker for me, but changing the rules to below would make the game more interesting:

4th downs can be attempted at any time past your own 40 yard line

My reason for presenting this is to create a more unpredictable and competitive game. Trends show this is becoming more common in football as well. I'm not saying we make it lobby ball by allowing players to go for it on their own goalline, but introduce more strategy in the game by giving players a realistic risk/reward decision past their own 40 (what statistics show is the line of demarcation between a good risk vs. a bad one).

See attached links supporting this being "sim":

2014 FBS 4th Down Attempts - Wazzu went for it 40 times last year, which is an average of 3 times per game over a 13 game schedule.

The Times ran a bot simulator based on stats and compared it to the NFL. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html?_r=0

3688516023_07450826e5_o.png
In depth study of '98-'00 stats by Cal econ professor using the Bellman equation. http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2002/08/19_ftball.html

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@ Bruin anyone can tell you... motion has always been a part of my game! Even when I ran nothing but wishbone & triple option.

It had absolutely nothing to do with you playing 425! Akecheta can attest to this... I don't even look at defenses anymore. Because my scheme is designed to work against any defense I see.

I'm not being cocky I don't pay attention to what defense anyone is running.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Of course not, I wasn't trying to imply you were trying to exploit anything. But in my view, this is the same problem. You can't run your offense as perfectly as you want because of 5 QBA. I can't run my defense as perfectly as I want because of motion. We both have to adapt.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@Walter323 @NavyHog That leaves the 4th down attempts. This isn't a deal-breaker for me, but changing the rules to below would make the game more interesting:

4th downs can be attempted at any time past your own 40 yard line

My reason for presenting this is to create a more unpredictable and competitive game. Trends show this is becoming more common in football as well. I'm not saying we make it lobby ball by allowing players to go for it on their own goalline, but introduce more strategy in the game by giving players a realistic risk/reward decision past their own 40 (what statistics show is the line of demarcation between a good risk vs. a bad one).

See attached links supporting this being "sim":

2014 FBS 4th Down Attempts - Wazzu went for it 40 times last year, which is an average of 3 times per game over a 13 game schedule.

The Times ran a bot simulator based on stats and compared it to the NFL. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html?_r=0

3688516023_07450826e5_o.png
In depth study of '98-'00 stats by Cal econ professor using the Bellman equation. http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2002/08/19_ftball.html

Considering I graduated from this high school, no one would love to never punt more than me. But I think the way the game is so flawed defensively makes this a little unfeasible. I'm fine either way though. I don't think the rule is because going for it would be unsim but because the game is so unsim defensively.

Akecheta

@bruin228 Your a PA grad? Fredi Knighten is a great athlete who will dominate G5 level schools based on that simple fact. However he isn't a great QB and will struggle against any P5s IMO. Much better slot receiver or running back than QB.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@bruin228 Your a PA grad? Fredi Knighten is a great athlete who will dominate G5 level schools based on that simple fact. However he isn't a great QB and will struggle against any P5s IMO. Much better slot receiver or running back than QB.

Yep, graduated same class as Fredi.

He's a better QB than you're giving him credit for but yeah, he doesn't have a strong enough arm to light up P5 teams.

SandS2910

It seems every dynasty has this discussion at some point... Changing it to 10 will be a noticeable difference for sure. I'd only say that keep it at 5 because of this. The only other way to combat accuracy would be to turn off home field advantage. This will level the playing field

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
all i care about is keeping everybody happy, if you guys want 10, lets do 10, but also turn up INTs and pass defense

Akecheta

Yep, graduated same class as Fredi.

He's a better QB than you're giving him credit for but yeah, he doesn't have a strong enough arm to light up P5 teams.

After last year watching him and seeing the start this year he is a dink and dunk running QB. I like the guy.. .well did kind of before he went stupid on twitter last year. Great athlete mediocre passer at best.

PSUEagle

I don't per say, the guys at EA with their heads up their asses do.

I know: just breaking balls.

I motion all the time in Madden, but I don't in NCAA because my CB is massive and I have everything I want and need in it formationally and play wise already.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
FYI: I'll be going to Auburn and then Dallas tomorrow. Won't be back online until Wednesday night.

@Walter323 If we don't advance tonight, just put me on auto for the next week.

SandS2910

Damn traffic... Let's go just a little later. About 30-45 mins after our time

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
13) Scoring cap is 70 points unless the CPU is within 14 points. Every effort should be made to play backups in a blowout. Users found to be running up individual statistics for post-season awards will receive one warning, followed by an immediate suspension of that player for the following game.

I broke this in a small way (took back a pick 6 with 1:00 left to make it 72-14). I knew better, but I didn't have the heart to veer my CB out of bounds. However, I knew better and won't do it again.

@bruin228 flew right by it beating Stanford 84-0.

70 points is a pretty generous CAP (my first OD was with Herr Boilerscott who had it at 52). Either we have rules or we don't.

Discuss.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I chewed the clock the entire 4th quarter and had my subs in the entire 4th quarter. Furd threw a pick at their own 26 yard line, it would've been impossible for me not to score. There is no purpose to a cap when you're not getting XP. And yeah, you broke the cap last week.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I chewed the clock the entire 4th quarter and had my subs in the entire 4th quarter. Furd threw a pick at their own 26 yard line, it would've been impossible for me not to score. There is no purpose to a cap when you're not getting XP. And yeah, you broke the cap last week.

- I've had games where I punt from the 10 yard line to keep from breaking various caps. It isn't impossible.
- Purpose of a CAP has nothing to do with XP, it's to bring some semblance of SIM into the game. It happens, but you rarely see games in the 70's and 80's. I have FCS East in a couple weeks and could probably score 100 if I wanted too. I don't think anyone wants to see that.

Not breaking balls, just simply stating a long held rule that we all (including myself) agreed too. It's not an issue 98% of the time, but I don't want it to become commonplace.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Punting from the 10 yard line is sim? No, if I get the ball right near the red zone, I'm going to score. Baylor has dropped 80 on people plenty of time. Implying it's not sim is bullshit. Again, chewed clock the entire 4th quarter. Threw one pass. You broke the cap last week and I broke it each of the last seasons. I wasn't even aware it was still a rule because it's never been enforced since Walter has been the commish. I'm not touching Blanks.

LEGEND

Not to be an ass.. but it is a rule! You broke the rule... Not knowing it's being enforced is no excuse or EXCEPTION! I had it done to me when I broke the cap by 2pts before. I wasn't aware of the rule at that time... I was told that's no EXCUSE!

It was my job to read and be aware of the dynasties rules!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Punting from the 10 yard line is sim? No, if I get the ball right near the red zone, I'm going to score. Baylor has dropped 80 on people plenty of time. Implying it's not sim is bullshit. Again, chewed clock the entire 4th quarter. Threw one pass. You broke the cap last week and I broke it each of the last seasons. I wasn't even aware it was still a rule because it's never been enforced since Walter has been the commish. I'm not touching Blanks.

How about we try this:

Me: Hey man you broke the CAP by 14, I broke the CAP by 2.
You: Oh wow. I wasn't even aware it was still a rule because it's never been enforced since Walter has been the commish.
Me: No worries. I don't want to see this become commonplace and wanted to make sure everyone was aware.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding about Blanks and Baylor has never scored 80 points under Briles (most was 73pts vs WVU in 2013).

Walter323

Yes I was joking about blanks.
Our rules need to be updated to state what the penalty is if a rule is broken