• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 week 10

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska beats the Cal Bears 42-14 in Berkeley, the second time they have beaten Coach Sands this season. The Huskers played a nearly perfect game, forcing 5 turnovers without turning it over themselves and converting 6 of 11 3rd downs and all 4 red zone trips into touchdowns.

The Huskers utilized a slightly revamped offense, beginning with a depth chart changes at quarterback and tailback. Junior QB James Walker finally supplanted Freshman Seth Mack at QB after inconsistencies throughout the season. At Tailback, 5’8” Junior Terrance Perry was moved to a Co-#1 position with Herb Poland, replacing the ineffective Mark Medlock who shared the duties for the first half of the season. Perry saw snaps late in the UNLV game and Head Coach Tom Osborne elected to put him and Herb Poland on the field together throughout the game with fantastic results.

Nebraska put up 399 yards in the game, running 42 times for 302 yards and 5 TD while throwing 8 of 12 for 97 yards and a TD. Walker threw 8 of 11 for 97 yards and a TD in the game while Poland was 0 of 1 on a trick play attempt. Poland led the way rushing for the Huskers, running 9 times for 167 yards and 3 TD including a 74 yard run on the 2nd play of the game. Terrance Perry ran 13 times for 77 yards and a TD while QB James Walker ran 11 times for 42 yards. WR Will Holt added a 5 yard TD run on a toss play. 5 Nebraska receivers shared the 8 completions with Erik Harris scoring on a 21 yard bubble screen for the only passing TD of the game.

Defense was the story once again for the Huskers, who held Cal to 362 yards and just 14 points with 110 of those 362 yards coming on two plays. Cal ran 22 times for just 66 yards and threw 13 of 24 for 296 yards and 2 TD. The Bears converted just 3 of 7 3rd downs and failed to convert their only 4th down opportunity in the game. The Husker defense forced 5 interceptions in the game, 3 by LB Graham Carter and 2 by CB Greg Carrington. The Blackshirts continued to flummox Coach Sands as they compiled 8 TFL, 5 INT and 4 Deflections in the game.

Special teams was also a huge factor in the game, as Nebraska punter/kicker Cameron Davis punted 4 times for 195 yards, pinning 3 kicks inside the 5 and giving Cal a short field for much of the game.

The Huskers look to break up a 4 way tie in the B1G Top Division as they go back on the road to face the #5 Volunteers in Knoxville next weekend.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I can't play... My game is cracked! I'm downloading it now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I see you started another game. I wish you would have got back to me after your game downloaded.

I don't have time to start another game with the Hog game starting at 7

Anyway can you do early tomorrow morning? Say 8:30 am EST? If not let me know what's a good time. Thanks.

@LEGEND

LEGEND

I see you started another game. I wish you would have got back to me after your game downloaded.

I don't have time to start another game with the Hog game starting at 7

Anyway can you do early tomorrow morning? Say 8:30 am EST? If not let me know what's a good time. Thanks.

@LEGEND
I had to start game... commissioner was going to advance on me! Tomorrow morning is good.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I had to start game... commissioner was going to advance on me! Tomorrow morning is good.

You play in some cornball leagues. See you in the morning and good luck.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I should boycott Nebraska in protest of the derpfest that is real life Nebraska.

But mostly so I could get some damn XP because this is brutal trying to recruit.

I did have a user v user game this week so it should stay saved, would it make sense for me to leave and try and come back this week? I don't have a BYE until Week 13 I think.

Walter323

I should boycott Nebraska in protest of the derpfest that is real life Nebraska.

But mostly so I could get some damn XP because this is brutal trying to recruit.

I did have a user v user game this week so it should stay saved, would it make sense for me to leave and try and come back this week? I don't have a BYE until Week 13 I think.
Worth a try

Walter323

Accidentally went over the scoring cap last night. Ran a fb dive on 3rd and 1 to get the first and knee it out. Dumbass broke through.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Worth a try

What is the process I have to go through? Quit and then wait until after advance to rejoin or leave and rejoin with a new coach in the same week after you reset the upgrades?

If it doesn't work, I may need to consider moving to another team to see if I can get XP there because I can't keep up in recruiting at all. I feel like every time I get an edge on a player all of a sudden another team jumps me, not just users but CPU teams as well.

Walter323

What is the process I have to go through? Quit and then wait until after advance to rejoin or leave and rejoin with a new coach in the same week after you reset the upgrades?

If it doesn't work, I may need to consider moving to another team to see if I can get XP there because I can't keep up in recruiting at all. I feel like every time I get an edge on a player all of a sudden another team jumps me, not just users but CPU teams as well.
I have no idea
@SandS2910 and @Akecheta have had luck

Akecheta

Play your game. Quit the OD. Walter changes Coach XP to a higher number. Adv the OD. Rejoin the OD.

Akecheta

But changing the points is the only way I know it works every time

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@SandS2910 or @Akecheta let me know whatever you did to get some XP because I'm dying here trying to recruit. I've signed 2 players of 19 available scholarships and while I lead on a bunch of players, that is after my visit week and the teams behind me still have visits remaining. I'll probably sign 6-7 lower end guys I have huge leads on but that's it. It is ugly and I've just been dropping 500 on people all year.

Akecheta

@SandS2910 or @Akecheta let me know whatever you did to get some XP because I'm dying here trying to recruit. I've signed 2 players of 19 available scholarships and while I lead on a bunch of players, that is after my visit week and the teams behind me still have visits remaining. I'll probably sign 6-7 lower end guys I have huge leads on but that's it. It is ugly and I've just been dropping 500 on people all year.
I dont get XP here, never have tried. But if Im not mistaken the limit is 3 points anyway so your missing out on scouting.

I posted the method that was used and what it does is get you what ever level the Coach XP is set to, but doesnt get you XP weekly

Walter323

I'll bump it Sunday night when I advance. Won't be able to advance any earlier then bc I will be out of town

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I dont get XP here, never have tried. But if Im not mistaken the limit is 3 points anyway so your missing out on scouting.

I posted the method that was used and what it does is get you what ever level the Coach XP is set to, but doesnt get you XP weekly

Scouting is the big issue. I'm basically recruiting blind here trying to throw 500 at people and then I'm getting beat and trying to guess who else might be decent. I think the two guys I've signed so far are going to be solid, but who knows with the 6-7 lower end guys I lead big on.

Not sure if moving teams would improve anything, I'm already a 6* team and I can't recruit and if I were to switch teams I would probably switch to Oregon who is only 4* so who knows if that helps. I'd give anything just to be able to scout 100% though.

Akecheta

Scouting is the big issue. I'm basically recruiting blind here trying to throw 500 at people and then I'm getting beat and trying to guess who else might be decent. I think the two guys I've signed so far are going to be solid, but who knows with the 6-7 lower end guys I lead big on.

Not sure if moving teams would improve anything, I'm already a 6* team and I can't recruit and if I were to switch teams I would probably switch to Oregon who is only 4* so who knows if that helps. I'd give anything just to be able to scout 100% though.
Dont have to move teams. Just rejoin... pretty sure you can even use same coaching name.

LEGEND

I'll leave too! I'm not getting HC or OC xp. Only my DC gets xp and he's at 2.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@LEGEND you could have went for it when you were on my 43, down 20-14 in the 4th qtr because you were trailing and it was the 4th qtr.

I always have my IPAD open to the rules when I play the game for situations like that.

Going for it on 4th

We encourage straight play in this league, however, we do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, there will be a simple rule on 4th downs:

Inside opponents 40, if 4th-3 or less
If trailing in the 4th
If trailing by 21+ points
End of the Half Hail Mary

Akecheta

I dont have XP at all. I havent done anything in this OD to get it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Its all good. I posted the method used in other ODs but I havent used it here.

I will be the Guinea pig. I don't think there is a rhyme or reason to it. I have always thought it has something to do with an off-season/coaching changes, but I'm not positive about it.

I too have done what you mentioned when I have been commissioner and its 50-50 in terms of success.

Akecheta

I will be the Guinea pig. I don't think there is a rhyme or reason to it. I have always thought it has something to do with an off-season/coaching changes, but I'm not positive about it.

I too have done what you mentioned when I have been commissioner and its 50-50 in terms of success.
I do know it doesn't give you weekly XP. Just the coaching level set in settings. But if it works we coukd all move to 9 or 12 or whatever would help us vs CPUs

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I like it at 3.

I just need to be able to scout and it makes it a challenge to manage 5,000 points.