• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 week 10

Walter323

User vs User

Tennessee vs Nebraska
Cal vs Ohio State

CPU

Baylor vs Michigan
Iowa St vs West Virginia
Alabama vs LSU
Arkansas vs Louisville
Texas vs Minnesota
Notre Dame vs Arizona

Bye

Georgia

Last edited by a moderator:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
User vs User

Tennessee vs Nebraska
Cal vs Ohio State

CPU

Baylor vs Michigan
Iowa St vs West Virginia
Alabama vs LSU
Arkansas vs Louisville
Texas vs Minnesota
Notre Dame vs Arizona

Bye

Georgia

Assume this is Week 11? I will rejoin now.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Wanna play in like the next 10 minutes?

Looks like the depth chart and formation sub changes I made didn't save so once we start I'm going to need to pause and make some adjustments if that's okay. Getting back on now, had to switch my 360 back to another TV.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Three field goals down, two more field goals to take the lead. 14-9 Vols at half.

Although in my defense, I had a wide open receiver for a touchdown in the red zone and the game lagged out for a bit and once it reconnected I had to scramble to throw it away or else take a sack to end the half.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Well that game was frustrating. It is a staggering difference between a team like @bluejay13's and a team like mine. He ran 4 plays all game (Power, Trap, Inside Zone/Read and what looked like Wrap) and every single time he had offensive linemen and receivers blocking 5-10 yards untouched. If I didn't make a user tackle in the backfield with my FS, it was an automatic 5+ yards. Even when I did get a hand on the runner, he was bouncing off or doing that insane one foot spin/fall forward for 4 more yards. 1/3 of Tennessee's rushing yards were after contact and that isn't the first time this season. All but 8 of Navy's rushing yards were after contact and 80 of McGrew's 113 at UGA were after contact. That's kind of silly. I know the line between playable and broken in NCAA sliders is thin, but we might want to explore some changes because this is brutal.

It isn't helping that I'm an undermanned 88 OVR team in a division with all 4 99 OVR teams and the 97 OVR team in our conference. If I'm going to keep being in this top division, I might have to move to another team. I'm so far back of the teams in this division that there is no way I can recover. I have no talent and no depth. Whoever had Nebraska before me did a number on this roster. I'm going to go into next year with 2 QB, 2 HB, 0 FB, 1 TE, 4 WR and just 3 OL over 80 OVR. Plus whatever I manage to recruit, which isn't going to be much. The good news is, 3 of the 4 players I signed to this point were +2 or better. The bad news is, the guy I signed at the position I most needed (OL) was -8.

I know we're probably too far along to start over with 2015-16 rosters now even though I think a few of us would prefer it, but we definitely might need to rethink the sliders or the conference realignment. Either balance out the 99 OVR teams across the divisions or swap me with either ND or Texas. I can't play 5 games a year vs 99 OVR teams and expect to win. I can't even recruit against those teams and I'm a 6* program.

Walter323

We are trying out a relegation style conference. Top division gets +3 bonus scholarships. 2 worst teams in the "top" division move to the "bottom" division and the 2 best teams in the "bottom" division get moved up and get the +3 bonus.

You also took a few seasons off. Your Huskers fell on poor leadership. I don't think we should penalize the guys who stuck it out.

Akecheta

I may have the in game talent, but I don't have the talent on the controller to compete with them either. That doesn't change if we even the teams up, to keep it rolling seems like the best plan, I do however think if we have fixed the XP issue that we should get to use more on recruiting.

By fix the XP issue I mean found a way to get everyone 15 or 18 or however many points the group decides. I do believe my game is getting better, I hang with yall for a whole half now... in some cases even 3 qtrs. I still struggle with the passes against users but don't seem to have the same issue vs CPU, I think my biggest issue is getting pissed at the game and then getting to that "I know I can throw that pass, so I'll do it over and over until the game f-king lets me." Sad but true.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
We are trying out a relegation style conference. Top division gets +3 bonus scholarships. 2 worst teams in the "top" division move to the "bottom" division and the 2 best teams in the "bottom" division get moved up and get the +3 bonus.

You also took a few seasons off. Your Huskers fell on poor leadership. I don't think we should penalize the guys who stuck it out.

Wait, if the goal was promotion-relegation, why was I put in this division to begin with? Shouldn't the Top 6 have been Arkansas (13-0), Tennessee (13-1), Ohio State (12-2), Cal (11-2), Georgia (11-2) and then Notre Dame (12-2) added from out of conference as the 6th team? With the Bottom 6 being WVU (10-3, or Arizona who replaced them), Louisville (9-4), Baylor (9-4), Nebraska (9-4), Michigan and USC.

I don't mind a good challenge, but Nebraska is the worst overall rated team in the conference, finished tied for the worst user record and played in the conference's lowest ranked bowl. I think the initial math on these divisions might have been a little off.

I'm not suggesting to penalize the guys who stuck it out but I left once and returned to my original, far worse off, team. We have had multiple users quit mid-season to cherry pick far better new teams, in some cases more than once. Something I might have to do myself because my team is not going to be getting much better with age. +3 scholarships do me no good, I'm barely going to sign enough players to match my graduating Seniors never mind the 4 empty roster spots and 3 "bonus" scholarships.

I guess it is too late now though, I'm going to finish with a top 4 record in the top division after all this anyway. Just going to have to decide if I want to stick it out at Nebraska or try and move to a "win now" team where I can better compete next year.

Last edited:

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
LSU turns another INT into points. This time a TD run by their QB. That pick was totally on me. Robber coverage.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
My D is doing well. One busted coverage. Rest of the points have been due to a short field. Could easily be 35-10 right now.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
And the Tide are back in it. Poland catches a pretty touch pass in the corner of the end zone. 23-17 Tigers lead.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Green. Tough loss there, but I really like the playbook I've settled on.

The sliders gave me issues early, but it wouldn't have made much difference in the game.

LSU's quarterback caused enough problems with his legs to make me over commit to the run, and busted coverages led to three of the Tigers' scores.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
sounds like you are in the right division

I'm not sure using the results to justify the means makes it any better. Especially when we're going to have two 97+ OVR teams in the bottom division next season, one of which should have been in the Top to begin with and the other was taken mid-season by a bottom division user.

I guess my point here is that if promotion-relegation was the goal: 1) Users shouldn't have been allowed to move mid-season and 2) The initial divisions should have been ordered correctly top to bottom. I took over the worst team in the conference with the worst record of returning users and somehow ended up in a division where every team is 10+ OVR points better than me and my "bonus" is 3 extra scholarships I can't possibly use.

I have no problem playing in the Top division, I like the challenge and enjoy playing the users in it, but having to suffer through the sliders and 4 99 OVR teams while other owners are just quitting and cherry picking better teams (some multiple times) seems a bit off to me. Hopefully my recruiting class materializes into something or I'm going to have to be one of those owners myself.

Akecheta

In the defense of ND being in the bottom tier I was using Ole Miss for most of that season and had actually quit and was going to come back for this season. I was told by the members to grab ND now and use them for a few games which ended up being a Conf Championship and the Bowl game. So that 12-2 wasn't because I used them or had them in the league with everyone else.

Not sure you were back with everyone when that all went down.

Walter323

I'm not sure using the results to justify the means makes it any better. Especially when we're going to have two 97+ OVR teams in the bottom division next season, one of which should have been in the Top to begin with and the other was taken mid-season by a bottom division user.

I guess my point here is that if promotion-relegation was the goal: 1) Users shouldn't have been allowed to move mid-season and 2) The initial divisions should have been ordered correctly top to bottom. I took over the worst team in the conference with the worst record of returning users and somehow ended up in a division where every team is 10+ OVR points better than me and my "bonus" is 3 extra scholarships I can't possibly use.

I have no problem playing in the Top division, I like the challenge and enjoy playing the users in it, but having to suffer through the sliders and 4 99 OVR teams while other owners are just quitting and cherry picking better teams (some multiple times) seems a bit off to me. Hopefully my recruiting class materializes into something or I'm going to have to be one of those owners myself.
We have stopped the cherry picking

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
In the defense of ND being in the bottom tier I was using Ole Miss for most of that season and had actually quit and was going to come back for this season. I was told by the members to grab ND now and use them for a few games which ended up being a Conf Championship and the Bowl game. So that 12-2 wasn't because I used them or had them in the league with everyone else.

Not sure you were back with everyone when that all went down.

I think I rejoined roughly the same time, I played the last two games of the regular season and the bowl. I'm fine with the top division, but still not sure how I ended up in it to begin with and it is brutal playing a schedule full of 99 OVR teams as the worst team in the conference. These sliders only serve to boost the top teams so I'm playing two opponents each game.

I'm sure I can make it work, but I wasn't kidding about only having 2 QB, 2 HB, 0 FB, 1 TE next year plus just 3 OL 80+ OVR. It isn't going to be getting any better for me.