• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
Why is anyone surprised that I’m the “least credible Oregon insider on the internet”? LOL

I will immediately go from being an Oregon homer to being @Brick if Wilcox is hired. It’s not about if I prefer cristobal to Kelly, it’s if I prefer Kelly to Kiffin (which I do). I would still take Meyer or Aranda over Chip, but if I’m picking LANE TRAIN versus running it back with chubby McTriple-chin… give me Kelly. I mean, Kelly did beat kiffin multiple times - I was there for the game that kiffin won and he needed like 20 big breaks in that game (for example, Oregon’s lack of a kicker) to win it.

Mame YO

slings rocks
My worry with Kelly isn’t his offense or his leadership, it’s that when he was HC at Oregon the first time he had a solid support staff that had decades at Oregon and had a defined style of play and recruiting. People liked to rag on allioti but his defense worked well with chip’s offensive philosophy. The position corches weren’t amazing but they were solid. What does chip do with his own staff? Idk mang. Maybe that’s where he fell off the wagon.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Why is anyone surprised that I’m the “least credible Oregon insider ever”? LOL

I will immediately go from being an Oregon homer to being @Brick if Wilcox is hired. It’s not about if I prefer cristobal to Kelly, it’s if I prefer Kelly to Kiffin (which I do). I would still take Meyer or Aranda over Chip, but if I’m picking LANE TRAIN versus running it back with chubby McTriple-chin… give me Kelly. I mean, Kelly did beat kiffin multiple times - I was there for the game that kiffin won and he needed like 20 big breaks in that game (for example, Oregon’s lack of a kicker) to win it.

Winning seasons since 2017:

Lane Kiffin: 3/5 (60%)
Chip Kelly: 1/4 (25%)

Head coaching record since 2017:

Lane Kiffin: 41-20 (68.3%)
Chip Kelly: 18-25 (41.9%)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why is anyone surprised that I’m the “least credible Oregon insider on the internet”? LOL

Your primary reason for wanting CHIP over LANE TRAIN is a game a decade ago?

y8QjQuZ.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
Are you coming at me with FLORIDA ATLANTIC?

Kiffin’s entire professional rehabilitation is based on his time at bama under a historically great bama team led by Saban.

Mame YO

slings rocks
His team right now is ranked higher than Oregon lmao
this is that thing where RANKED AT THE TIME drives me crazy. His best wins are Arkansas and A&M… which… checks notes… have 4 losses each and wouldn’t be ranked except for SEC

Brick

i don't think you can say BAD HIRE automatically if it's wilcox. more like we just don't know much and it could be good or bad.

tedford had a good run but he had FRAUDGERS and LYNCH and then tapered off big time. otherwise cal's history is straight up garbage. they have not had a winning record in pac-12 since 2009.

don't get me wrong i am not excited or optimistic whatsoever about how shitty their offenses have been. but i don't think you can draw many conclusions about how good or bad he'd be at a PROGRUM with resources.

he fucking even beat CRISTOBUM last year and nearly this year! haha.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Two out of Oregon’s last three games they lost by 28+. They would lose to Ole Miss by 40
What do you base that off of? Is this some sort of transitive property nonsense? They didn’t play, so you don’t know that, so why even bring it up?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What was Bama’s best win before they destroyed Georgia?

I guess that is a better argument than “a decade ago I saw Kiffin beat Chip Kelly but he needed a lot of breaks to do it so he’s a bad coach”

Mame YO

slings rocks
you’ll are latching onto a single comment, which isn’t entirely invalid in the first place - Kelly has a winning record versus kiffin. those games were hyped USC IS BACK type of games. Chip dismantled kiffin’s teams multiple times. I’m not basing my entire argument off of that so let’s not pretend that I am, but it does come into play since they do have a history head to head.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Are you coming at me with FLORIDA ATLANTIC?

Kiffin’s entire professional rehabilitation is based on his time at bama under a historically great bama team led by Saban.

And bringing an FAU team from three straight 3-9 seasons to two 10-win seasons in 3 years, and bringing Ole Miss from back-to-back losing seasons to 5-5 and 10-2.

Like I wouldn’t really want Kiffin to coach LSU but I would take him every time over Kelly.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
you’ll are latching onto a single comment, which isn’t entirely invalid in the first place - Kelly has a winning record versus kiffin. those games were hyped USC IS BACK type of games. Chip dismantled kiffin’s teams multiple times. I’m not basing my entire argument off of that so let’s not pretend that I am, but it does come into play since they do have a history head to head.

Kiffin’s teams were under major sanctions the entire time he was there.

What else is your argument? Cause that’s the only thing you’ve provided outside of Chip’s offenses are more FUN than Kiffin’s, which isn’t true either

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I think HERM has a winning record against CHIP and much more recently. Why isn’t he your front runner?

Mame YO

slings rocks
I think HERM has a winning record against CHIP and much more recently. Why isn’t he your front runner?
This is such a strawman lol. I didn’t say that there aren’t corches I wouldn’t prefer over Kelly, just that I prefer Kelly over kiffin. Don’t be dumb.

Thepro_23

I don't think Wilcox would be a bad hire if he can find a competent OC.

I loved watching Cal during those 12-10 rockfights in 2018. Imagine having that defense with an offense that sticks to Oregon's brand... Would be unstoppable.

Winning at Cal is tough and he wants out. Cal fans are kind of tired him, but are stupid for that. He would be in a bowl if the Berkeley Health Department didn't go full retard. And last year, they were supposed to be good too, but COVID wrecked that.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is such a strawman lol. I didn’t say that there aren’t corches I wouldn’t prefer over Kelly, just that I prefer Kelly over kiffin. Don’t be dumb.

And your sole reason is a winning record from a decade ago. So hire HERM

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't think Wilcox would be a bad hire if he can find a competent OC.

I loved watching Cal during those 12-10 rockfights in 2018. Imagine having that defense with an offense that sticks to Oregon's brand... Would be unstoppable.

Winning at Cal is tough and he wants out. Cal fans are kind of tired him, but are stupid for that. He would be in a bowl if the Berkeley Health Department didn't go full retard. And last year, they were supposed to be good too, but COVID wrecked that.

Wilcox doesn’t want a competent OC. He ruined Baldwin’s offense and then hired a trog NASHNUL retread at Cal.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And your sole reason is a winning record from a decade ago. So hire HERM
No, it isn’t. I’m just defending that point because you’ll are trying to dogpile on me like UCLA and Tennessee aren’t shit programs @Southpaw

ya’ll acting like you have successful teams to root for.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Baldwin was incompetent.

I heard Chad Morris is looking for a job, and would coach for pennies on the dollar!

Baldwin didn’t run anything resembling his offense at EWU despite taking over a team with Air Raid personnel that would be well suited for it. Pretty obvious between that and the Musgrave hire that Wilcox wants some garbage, ball control offense.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon is required to interview for diversity. There is your answer.

(Not saying he is a bad corch, but I don’t really think he was ever on the table)

Thepro_23

Baldwin didn’t run anything resembling his offense at EWU despite taking over a team with Air Raid personnel that would be well suited for it. Pretty obvious between that and the Musgrave hire that Wilcox wants some garbage, ball control offense.
Gotcha.

Those games were so fun to watch shitfaced on a Saturday night.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
If this happens, ucla will be making its 5th coaching search this millennium. All I knew growing up was people underappreciating Terry Donahue. Toledo won 20 games in a row.

UCLA football has been mid 80’s Reagan aids bad lately.

Donahue is the reason UCLA defines itself in terms of "how can we wreck USC's football fortunes?" Under Sanders and Prothro, UCLA was poised to be the equal or better of USC on the Best Coast. Donahue made a major focus of every season "Beat SC" and the fans seem largely satisfied with that.

If you guys get Aranda, though - well, Ho Lee Fuk, Pac 12 footbaw might become relevant again - or at least well respected like it was in the 80s when there were several solid programs. Aranda was one of the guys I wanted before LINCOLN came aboard. I thought he'd be a better fit than Fickell, who I also liked, because Aranda is from SoCal (yes, Redlands, but still) and I figured he's built his career starting from pretty low level stops. Riley was basically crowned upon Stoops' retirement.

Thepro_23

Donahue is the reason UCLA defines itself in terms of "how can we wreck USC's football fortunes?" Under Sanders and Prothro, UCLA was poised to be the equal or better of USC on the Best Coast. Donahue made a major focus of every season "Beat SC" and the fans seem largely satisfied with that.

If you guys get Aranda, though - well, Ho Lee Fuk, Pac 12 footbaw might become relevant again - or at least well respected like it was in the 80s when there were several solid programs.

Prothro was my cousin. Hate him for building up UCLA and Oregon State.