• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 13 Thread - The End (unless someone @‘s Mame, then there is no end)

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s funny that you think you’re clowning on me when I basically just said I think Oregon is the 3rd-4th best team in the country and they’re ranked 6th with 1 3pt loss to #4 lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It's funny that you think they're better than the team they lost to.
Sometimes better teams lose lol. This isn’t a new concept. I didn’t just make this up. Don’t be dense in a mad rush to dunk on me.

Oregon is currently favored in a potential pac12 championship game by 7.5pts. Seems I’m not the only person who thinks Oregon is better than UW.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Sometimes better teams lose lol. This isn’t a new concept. I didn’t just make this up. Don’t be dense in a mad rush to dunk on me.

Oregon is currently favored in a potential pac12 championship game by 7.5pts. Seems I’m not the only person who thinks Oregon is better than UW.
2 thoughts.

1. Games matter. Results on the field can't just be ignored.

2. Betting lines are not set based on who Vegas thinks will win.

Mame YO

slings rocks
You’re telling me you’ve never, as an Ohio state fan, watched your team lose to a team that Ohio state would probably beat a majority of the time if they lined up 10 times?

What I’m saying isn’t even controversial. Outside of utopia, the entire college football world thinks that Oregon is one of the best teams this year. A lot of people watched that Oregon-UW game and felt like Oregon could’ve easily won it. I’m not here to play what ifs but if you’re asking me if I think Oregon is the better overall team, absolutely yes. Better lines. Better defense at every position. Better running backs. Better depth. They’re a better overall team.

UW has a trio of NFL wide recievers and a good qb and because of that they have a chance to beat just about anybody because nobody really has an answer for that matchup. They have also struggled almost every week while Oregon is blowing teams out because UW’s defense is bad and they have no depth. Their defense is worse than Oregon’s defense was last year and @Brick still never shuts up about that Oregon defense but we don’t talk about UW’s deficiencies on here at all because ya’ll are too busy rooting for them to beat Oregon.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s perfectly fine to accept that 1) Oregon lost the game while also believing that 2) they're the better team and would probably win if they got to play again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Utopia acts like Oregon should be outside the top 10 basically lol. Ya’ll are the crazy ones.

That's not what is happening here at all lol. They're working under the reality that the pac12 will get shafted unless undefeated

Mame YO

slings rocks
As someone who consumes an unhealthy amount of college football media, nobody is talking seriously about leaving either UW or Oregon out assuming they take care of business.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I think it’s more likely that UW or Oregon jumps FSU for the 3 seed than it is that they get left out tbh.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Nutopia has had multiple posters defend teams that cheated, defend players that commit crimes, idolize coaches, and one that even murdered a rival quarterback on a sim football field. Mame has surpassed them all and become the biggest homer in Nutopia history. Congratulations!

Mame YO

slings rocks
Nutopia has had multiple posters defend teams that cheated, defend players that commit crimes, idolize coaches, and one that even murdered a rival quarterback on a sim football field. Mame has surpassed them all and become the biggest homer in Nutopia history. Congratulations!
Yea I’m a homer. Also, though, all of the arguments I’m making about Oregon being better than UW - you’ll also hear them from the national media. The oddsmakers. The advanced stats guys. It isn’t a homer belief that Oregon is a better team overall than UW, it’s basically everyone except utopia that believes that.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yea I’m a homer. Also, though, all of the arguments I’m making about Oregon being better than UW - you’ll also hear them from the national media. The oddsmakers. The advanced stats guys. It isn’t a homer belief that Oregon is a better team overall than UW, it’s basically everyone except utopia that believes that.
Yes, thinking the team that won head to head on the football field is better is truly a niche view

86wth8.jpg

Mame YO

slings rocks
A for effort at least.

Ya’ll are really hatin’ watching ma’ducks this season. Told you’ll it would be like this in week 1.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s perfectly fine to accept that 1) Oregon lost the game while also believing that 2) they're the better team and would probably win if they got to play again.
This isn’t something I just made up lol. It happens every year in college football.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
The greatest Oregon football highlight of all time is Jameis falling down. That should tell you something

Mame YO

slings rocks
@Brick the only position that is arguable on the defense is Muhammad vs Jackson but in any case they’re both likely future high draft picks and are performing at an elite level. Oregon has a better d line, and I know you didn’t like their LBs earlier in the year but now that Jestin Jacobs is playing full time bassa+Jacobs is very strong especially against the run. UW doesn’t have a comparable unit. Oregon has a statistically better defense in basically every catagory, whether you go counting stats like total defense, scoring defense, rushing yards, passing yards, or if you do advanced stats like EPA.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, even with Oregon’s biggest defensive weakness which is their secondary depth (which is why UW causes problems but other teams don’t to the same extent - it’s because they have so many good receivers) Oregon is 47th in passing yards allowed. Washington is 117th.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I just don't understand people who turn into sperglord megafans of schools they didn't go to. Are you putting this much effort into being a fan when Oregon sucks? Or for the basketball team?
I’ve been watching Oregon football since I was a kid and we don’t have a pro team in Oregon. Trying to gatekeep college footbaw as being only for alumni is dumb. If you like footbaw in Oregon you are either team BEAV or DUCK. Nobody watching Portland State lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'll admit I'm not analyticist but I did not come away from the Washington-Oregon game thinking that Oregon was the better team
Oregon led for most of the 4th quarter and was a 4th down conversion from icing the game. They out gained Washington for the game. They missed a fg that would’ve brought it to OT. The game was in Seattle and UW won by 3. That’s home field advantage, basically.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I’ve been watching Oregon football since I was a kid and we don’t have a pro team in Oregon. Trying to gatekeep college footbaw as being only for alumni is dumb. If you like footbaw in Oregon you are either team BEAV or DUCK. Nobody watching Portland State lol.
This is why you get into the arguments you do, you don't read the posts you respond to

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, it’s fine if you want to say Muhammad is better than Jackson but that’s like saying Odunze is better than Franklin. Both elite. Both 1st rounders, etc.

Mame YO

slings rocks
As I already pointed out though, despite Muhammad arguably being better than Jackson Oregon has a better pass D and better D overall by a wide margin. Idk why this is even in question.