• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 13 Thread - The End (unless someone @‘s Mame, then there is no end)

Mame YO

slings rocks
Playoff spots are probably big champ/sec champ/acc champ/pac champ assuming no chaos on rivalry weekend. I’m not worried about Oregon. FSU without Travis is a multi-loss team this season why are we pretending like that isn’t a complete waste of a playoff spot lol. They’re not even a TD favorite over 5-6 Florida this weekend as I type this.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Playoff spots are probably big champ/sec champ/acc champ/pac champ assuming no chaos on rivalry weekend. I’m not worried about Oregon. FSU without Travis is a multi-loss team this season why are we pretending like that isn’t a complete waste of a playoff spot lol. They’re not even a TD favorite over 5-6 Florida this weekend as I type this.

Should 2014 Ohio State have been in the playoff? They were on their 3rd string QB at that point.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I don’t even have twitter. Answer the question, then do Texas with prime Vince Young at QB and, I dunno, some sort of 1000 year-old magical antelope at RB

Mame YO

slings rocks
They’re different teams in different circumstances. There are several deserving teams this year and FSU is already seen as the weakest and as having the weakest schedule. And it is in the committee’s criteria to consider major injuries. FSU has two games to show the committee otherwise but if they struggle or lose and other teams are worthy they probably get bumped.

Brick

the max undefeated p5 we can have is 4

wash
osu/michigan
georgia
flazzu

in that case FSU is in.

if there are 3 or few undefeated teams and fsu is one of them, they get in. two 1 loss teams wont get in over them. if its one, it will be bama.

it isnt hard

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Mame are you even a real poster at this point? FSU is undefeated and will have to beat rival Florida and one loss top 10 Louisville in the ACC Championship game to win out. But you think if they win out they should be excluded because they had an injury before those games? You have caught the Calzano brain worms, friend

Mame YO

slings rocks
Mame are you even a real poster at this point? FSU is undefeated and will have to beat rival Florida and one loss top 10 Louisville in the ACC Championship game to win out. But you think if they win out they should be excluded because they had an injury before those games? You have caught the Calzano brain worms, friend
This isn’t about Oregon, but let’s make it about Oregon for just a moment. If Oregon wins out they’ll have 3 top 25 wins vs FSU’s 2, with their only loss being by 3 and the game is avenged for the conference title against a previously undefeated UW. They look like easily one of the best 2-3 teams in the nation and have more ranked wins than FSU and are completely healthy.

Meanwhile, FSU struggles for the last two weeks.

I mean :dunno:

digs

sun of nothing
gotta let the undefeated team w/o their QB lose in the playoffs, don't get to call it an autoloss b\c their best player is out. Think of all the great CFB upsets lead by backup qbs!

It's the same argument when Pac12 champ gets left out of playoffs in other years. IDGAF that Alabama would stomp em, still gotta let people play, otherwise lets just have Bama, Gawgia, tOSU, Michigan playoffs every year and have everyone else play for bowl games

Mame YO

slings rocks
I don’t think it turns into that but if we have bama/Oregon/tejas/michigan breathing down FSU’s neck it gets rough because you’re holding out deserving teams because of a zero in the W-L column.

Brick

maybe BACK FOOT BO shouldnt have thrown it in the dirt of the 4 chances he had to win the washington game.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And again, I don’t think Oregon is in competition with FSU for a playoff spot so let’s not get confused. If anything FSU probably helps Oregon assuming Oregon wins the pac12 because the trog committee could have Oregon jump fsu and give us 1-4 Georgia-fsu and 2-3 Ohio state-Oregon or something and that would help Oregon lol.

Brick

also the hubris of oregon fans talkin about the playoff when they still have to beat two ranked teams, which they haven't all year, which they are 0-4 against in the last 4 games. DEPTH CHART tho

Mame YO

slings rocks
I only used Oregon in that hypothetical because I’m familiar with their resume in that scenario but you could put bama or tejas also.

Brick

you made about 10 posts about the meaningless ttu game a few weekends ago because of SOS. you squarely in that category.

Lightningwar

Administrator
This isn’t about Oregon, but let’s make it about Oregon for just a moment. If Oregon wins out they’ll have 3 top 25 wins vs FSU’s 2, with their only loss being by 3 and the game is avenged for the conference title against a previously undefeated UW. They look like easily one of the best 2-3 teams in the nation and have more ranked wins than FSU and are completely healthy.

Meanwhile, FSU struggles for the last two weeks.

I mean :dunno:

Against Miami, a rival that in the last 20 meetings 17 of them have been decided by 8 points or less. It doesn't matter the state of the programs those games are the majority of the time close. Then UNA which the first quarter was a big wtf burger with a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers out there starting and UNA pulling out all the stops. Dumb move imo. Insert the starters and the universe was brought back into equilibrium with FSU scoring 58 unanswered and holding UNA to ~60 yards of offense through the final three quarters. They go into the swamp and win a rivalry game followed by an ACC championship game win vs top 10 Louisville they are in without a doubt.

FSU will have wins vs the following top 25 teams

Clemson #24
LSU #14
Louisville #10

This whole argument is dumb imo because if FSU wins out they are in. An undefeated P5 champion has never been excluded from the CFP.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Is it possible to talk about any other CFB games besides the Oregon game? Can a mod add a “Mame’s Oregon Rage Thread” please.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If Oregon wins they’re in. Not worried. Like I said, leave FSU in and let Oregon jump them so they avoid Georgia in the first round. That would actually be great!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If bammer beats Georgia and Washington and fsu win out then that’s gonna be hilarious. I want to hear all the crying because someone is getting screwed. Hopefully bammer.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Pac 12 shamp Oregon absolutely does not get in over a bammer team that wins the sec. No way no how.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I hope Oregon gets screwed somehow.
They won’t get screwed. They can definitely lose to UW again simply because UW presents such a unique matchup problem but they aren’t getting screwed. This isn’t a Cristobum team. If they lose to OSU I’ll be surprised simply because the matchup profile heavily favors them basically across the board (I’m happy to elaborate but I’m sure you’ll would rather I let it go).

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Georgia
Ohio State
Texas
Louisville

Can someone get me the futures odds on that finishing order? Because that’s my bet

Mame YO

slings rocks
Louisville is a single digit chance according to ESPN. I think they say 2%. It seems almost impossible that a team that lost to PITT this season would make the playoff even as ACC champ. Awful conference.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think they have a better chance of going undefeated in the remainder of their games than UW and Oregon

Mame YO

slings rocks
Remember when you thought I was dumb when I said Oregon’s defense was good this year? It almost seems like you were wrong on that one but we aren’t keeping score so it’s all good.