• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Bucksin04

Cavs paid Tristan Thompson all that money to shoot 1-4, score 2 points and end with a -6. Is there really no other PF out there that could do that for a fraction of the price? But I guess since hes Lebron's boy and has the same agent as Lebron, he got the meal ticket. Sad. Gone laugh when Cleveland sells their soul and never wins a title.

Jesus fucking Christ are we really doing this all year?

He had 12 rebounds in 25 minutes which led both teams and is more combined than the Bulls starting front court had in 57 minutes total (Gasol 2 rebounds in 32 minutes, Mirotic 9 rebounds in 25 minutes). And he was doing it while not having played in a game since June and having gone through a handful of practices in the last week.

And with regards to "Is there really no other PF out there that could do that for a fraction of the price?" No. There isn't. Because the Cavs are over the salary cap they can only sign minimum salary players to fill that role. Minimum salary guys capable of pulling down 12 rebounds off the bench aren't just laying around.

Bucksin04

Pelicans paid Anthony Davis $145M to shoot 20% from the field, grab 6 rebounds, and turn the ball over 5 times? SMH. #Bust

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
An actual injury? It's also THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR. Why does he need rest?

they have a back to back and he is on minutes restriction until january

if the strategy was just to mail it in and split the road trip, then, why not rest him against a team you werent going to beat with so many people out injured

game 1 of 82. Lots of basketball to be played

Reel

Community Liaison
Pelicans paid Anthony Davis $145M to shoot 20% from the field, grab 6 rebounds, and turn the ball over 5 times? SMH. #Bust

lol

dont be salty bucks (i detected your sarcasm btw) but TT hopefully will bounce back.

He missed all of preseason and probably wasnt working out. He should be in game shape in a couple weeks

Bucksin04

lol

dont be salty bucks (i detected your sarcasm btw) but TT hopefully will bounce back.

He missed all of preseason and probably wasnt working out. He should be in game shape in a couple weeks

Yeah that was my entire point. He wasn't in game shape whatsoever and still led both teams in rebounding, the thing he is mainly paid to do.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Tristan Timpsin is gonna be hustling for boards all season and into the finals as long as lebron Doesnt get caught with a live boy, a dead girl, or a injury.

evil1

Man, I missed basketball.

I think the Chicago-Cleveland game is more of a referendum on Chicago than Cleveland. I think it confirms that the Bulls are going to be fine without Thibodeau. The majority of starters playing less than 33 minutes? Whaaaaaaaat? It's still early, but I think Chicago is going to be a legitimate threat to Cleveland.

On the Cleveland side of the ball, Mo Williams looks like a sneaky good pickup.

As for N.O. and Golden State, Davis probably pressed a little too hard but the Warriors are NBA champs for a reason.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Moose start the season tonight against the Celtics. Moose only have one player, Carl Landry, with more than two years NBA experience. About 1/2 the team is injured too.

<power-tankings.gif>

Reel

Community Liaison
Man, I missed basketball.

I think the Chicago-Cleveland game is more of a referendum on Chicago than Cleveland. I think it confirms that the Bulls are going to be fine without Thibodeau. The majority of starters playing less than 33 minutes? Whaaaaaaaat? It's still early, but I think Chicago is going to be a legitimate threat to Cleveland.

On the Cleveland side of the ball, Mo Williams looks like a sneaky low-key good pickup.

As for N.O. and Golden State, Davis probably pressed a little too hard but the Warriors are NBA champs for a reason.

Fixed

and agreed about Davis

Bucksin04

The Cavs:

- Played the game without their starting backcourt of Kyrie and Shumpert
- Shot below 60% from the free throw line
- Had Tristan Thompson not in full basketball shape

...and Chicago only won by 2. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Bulls. I think Cleveland, if/when healthy, smokes Chicago.

Mo Williams was fantastic though. Once Kyrie returns, Cavs have the option to bring him off the bench for some offense and relegate Delly to a 3rd PG/defensive stopper role which is perfect for him.

MSUFanatic

The Cavs:

- Played the game without their starting backcourt of Kyrie and Shumpert
- Shot below 60% from the free throw line
- Had Tristan Thompson not in full basketball shape

...and Chicago only won by 2. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Bulls. I think Cleveland, if/when healthy, smokes Chicago.

Mo Williams was fantastic though. Once Kyrie returns, Cavs have the option to bring him off the bench for some offense and relegate Delly to a 3rd PG/defensive stopper role which is perfect for him.

LOL man that's pretty one sided.

I agree that Cavs are short-handed but DRose can't even fucking see he looked decent and it was Hoiberg's first game as an NBA corch. I'm sure they will improve a lot throughout the year as well.

Also, Jimmy Butler looks like a man on a mission + Mirotic could very well be the most important-lynch pin player for the Bulls by the end of the year. Just pump the brakes before you say they smoke the Bulls if healthy.

evil1

First, as I said, this was more a referendum on the Bulls than on Cleveland. Even had they lost to a "healthy" Cavs team, I still generally liked how the Bulls played. In short, the pieces look like they fit in Hoiberg's system. Based on the preseason and training camp, I think this Chicago team is going to be just fine even without Thibodeau.

With regard to Cleveland, I'm not sure you can count on them getting completely healthy. Kyirie (broken knee cap) and Shumpart (broken wrist) are out until sometime in January. Once they do come back, they are going to have to get into playing shape and gel with the team while the season is still going on. Also, as a general rule, teams get more worn down and beat up as the season progresses, not healthier. So unless Cleveland is willing to give LeBron another two week break in the middle of the season, he is likely to be a little more worn down than usual by the later part of the season. I think it is awfully optimistic to think that the Cavs with the backcourt of Kyrie and Shumpart is going to be 100% at any point this year.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
prolly the last time rose was healthy lejaun sic'd him in the final 3 min to overcome a 13 point deficit and close out the Bulls on Chicago floor.

Get u a healthy rose. Fine. Lejaun just gonna sic him again.

Bucksin04

First, as I said, this was more a referendum on the Bulls than on Cleveland. Even had they lost to a "healthy" Cavs team, I still generally liked how the Bulls played. In short, the pieces look like they fit in Hoiberg's system. Based on the preseason and training camp, I think this Chicago team is going to be just fine even without Thibodeau.

With regard to Cleveland, I'm not sure you can count on them getting completely healthy. Kyirie (broken knee cap) and Shumpart (broken wrist) are out until sometime in January. Once they do come back, they are going to have to get into playing shape and gel with the team while the season is still going on. Also, as a general rule, teams get more worn down and beat up as the season progresses, not healthier. So unless Cleveland is willing to give LeBron another two week break in the middle of the season, he is likely to be a little more worn down than usual by the later part of the season. I think it is awfully optimistic to think that the Cavs with the backcourt of Kyrie and Shumpart is going to be 100% at any point this year.

Kyrie is returning at the end of November/early December (not January). And the plan is indeed for LeBron to again take a 2 week break at some point during the season.

Not sure I buy the needing to gel argument. The entire team was re-invented on the fly last year with the Shumpert/JR/Mozgov trade and they still went on a tear down the stretch. They finished the year 32-3 over the last 35 games LeBron, Love, and Irving all played together. And then in the playoffs, the Bulls two wins came when the Cavs were playing their first game without Love and JR Smith suspended and the other win came on a banked three pointer at the buzzer.

I'm not saying CHI was bad at all last night. The offense is going to be more watchable under Hoiberg for sure. But they had a lot of things go their way last night and still only won by 2. Plus, if we're saying that we can't count on the Cavs to be healthy, we definitely need to say the same about Chicago. Rose and Noah both came up limping in Game 1 of the season last night. I'll still maintain that Miami is the biggest threat to the Cavs this year, not Chicago.

goblue96

Moose opening night starting 5:

PF/C - Nerlens Noel
PF/C - Jahili Okafor
PG - Isaiah Canaan
SG - Hollis Thompson
SG - JaKarr Sampson

NML

Moose opening night starting 5:

PF/C - Nerlens Noel
PF/C - Jahili Okafor
PG - Isaiah Canaan
SG - Hollis Thompson
SG - JaKarr Sampson

Okafor looked good early on, but once Sullinger came on and adjusted, he was held in check. He pushed him back to getting the ball away from the block and struggled a bit. When he got the ball facing the basket or close, he was great. I didn't think his defense was as bad as advertised either.

Celtics' second unit looked great. I think that they are 10 deep will help them during the regular season. Could see around 45-48 wins.

Reel

Community Liaison
3J McCollum just went off.

great game from him

didnt expect that honestly, but again, this pels team is just decimated right now. Wins are going to be hard to come by.

I did like that AD was 3/5 from 3, but he still seems unsettled.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Anthony-Towns looked good in kicking Lay low Hibbert's ass for 14pts and 12 boards as the T-Wolves beat the Lakers last night. Rubio also had 28 and 14asts. Apparently learned how to shoot. If his jumper sticks around (doubtful) he's one of the elite PGs in the league.

MSUFanatic

Anthony-Towns looked good in kicking Lay low Hibbert's ass for 14pts and 12 boards as the T-Wolves beat the Lakers last night. Rubio also had 28 and 14asts. Apparently learned how to shoot. If his jumper sticks around (doubtful) he's one of the elite PGs in the league.

RUbio looked like someone lit his hair on fire in the 1st qtr.

Bucksin04

Fell asleep during the game. WTF happened to Wiggins? 9 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists, and 2-10 shooting?

Reel

Community Liaison
f9ghhv.png

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Some of Garnett's teammates his rookie year:
Christian Laettner
Tom Gugliatta
Terry Porter
Spud Webb
Timberwolves Coach Sam Mitchell

goblue96

Players selected in front of Kevin Garnett in the 1995 Draft:

1st - Joe Smith to Golden State
2nd - Antonio McDyess to LA KKKlippers (traded to Denver)
3rd - Jerry Stackhouse - to Moose
4th - Rasheed Wallace - to Washington

Reel

Community Liaison
Players selected in front of Kevin Garnett in the 1995 Draft:

1st - Joe Smith to Golden State
2nd - Antonio McDyess to LA KKKlippers (traded to Denver)
3rd - Jerry Stackhouse - to Moose
4th - Rasheed Wallace - to Washington

good draft if you ask me

Reel

Community Liaison
If you take away, Joe Smith at #1, yeah.

joe smith, from what i recall wasnt a slouch tho. yea...revisionist history tells us to not take him, but Garnett was straight outta high school so...im sure they were scared of that

goblue96

joe smith, from what i recall wasnt a slouch tho. yea...revisionist history tells us to not take him, but Garnett was straight outta high school so...im sure they were scared of that

Everybody was terrified to take Garnett early. He was first high schooler to be taken in the draft since Chocolate Thunder. Joe Smith was the 1995 College Player of the Year and the safe pick. He put up some decent seasons early for the Warriors who traded him to the Moose. His career went downhill from there.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I liked what I saw out of the Spurs until the last few minutes, Green's three was a pretty poor shot but eh whatever, I'm sure Pop told him to shut the fuck up again.

sayo

YEET
great game from him

didnt expect that honestly, but again, this pels team is just decimated right now. Wins are going to be hard to come by.

I did like that AD was 3/5 from 3, but he still seems unsettled.
McCollum is gonna surprise people. He's pretty skilled and is similar to Lillard in that he can get hot and create his own shot. The backcourt will be fun, but they aren't guarding anyone lol.