• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

bruin

HOWEVA i don't understand the urgency to get rid of CHIP. what is the reason to have him gone so fast? he is beating usc and they should be 7-5 at worst this season. it is not like the PROGRUM has done much lately to draw the attention of some hot corch. i want to see what he can do without DTR. 4 years isn't enough for a guy as dominant as he was at oregon. i am not seeing a lot i love about him right now, but it seems way too quick.

This is where I’m at. Before the year started the schedule looked pretty brutal with road games at Furd, Washington, Utah and USC. So far they’re 2-0 there. DTR has always been a turnover machine and he’s just not accurate. Has killed the offense many times over the years. But, Chip keeping his buddies on the staff defensively is a huge issue. Also, where would they be without the transfer portal. Neuheisel got only 4 years too. We’ll see, but 8+ wins+beat SC with a chance for 9 in the Bowl game and yeah, I’d have no problem with Chip returning.

Strong possibility Garbers starts Saturday night in SLC.

Brick

i think one thing about CHIP that he is getting flak for is DTR being big time CROOT and "built for his system" or whatever and he still can't win. first if all, DTR is just not good. haha. i think if darron thomas wasn't black people would have a different opinion here. there is some weird perception about mobile qbs and his offenses. thomas was just mobile enough to be an automatic first down on a good read play, he wasn't mariota. otherwise he was just an extremely consistent passer who stood in the pocket and took hits. he had a career 66/16 ratio. super poised and you knew what you were getting. his 2010/11 stat lines are almost identical. he went 24-3 as a starter. look at the success FOLES had in his philly offense.

bruin

Darron Thomas

Pretty much spot on brick.

I mean, look at how well Chase Griffin did in his two games last year under CHIP. Basically just don’t turn the ball over and be accurate with a bit of mobility. He’s like 5’10 standing on a phone book. Easily could’ve went 2-0.

Brick

thomas is the most under-appreciated player in oregon history no question imo. i always feel bad. haha. also, he made a few early mistakes in the auburn national shampship game but he was the only reason they had a chance to win. oregon had 75 rush yards in that game and he threw for a career high 374.

these three plays are the perfect ex of a throw thomas made almost 100% of the time. did not get hit here but a ton of times he would stand back there and make this throw when he knew he was gonna get crushed. a lot of other qbs take the sack or try to fumbles mcscramble. he always stood in there.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I miss DT. Oregon had a pretty good string of QBs starting with him, but I loved him with Meahl especially.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Petersen would be awesome. Have to call him, but I think he's done.

Clawson is the top of my list. One of the most underrated coaches in the country whose won everywhere he's been. He's unbeaten and top 15 at Wake. They won't finish unbeaten, but hard to see them not winning double digit games and the division, which is insane at Wake. He has great offenses, but people forget he also had amazing defenses early on there with Elko, who went to ND and then A&M. So he has a good eye for defensive talent, too, and that would be easier to maintain at UCLA vs. Wake.

Kalen DeBoer at Fresno? He's only been there a short time, but he's obviously a good coach and WINDIANA'S offense hasn't been the same after he left.

I've heard Jeff Hafley at BC mentioned, because the AD hired him at BC? He would be okay, I guess, but he hasn't really done anything impressive and he's a NE guy with the exception of a couple years as the Niners' DB coach.

LANE TRAIN

No real obvious HOME RUN HIRES. Who's the best G5 option other than DeBoer? Norvell at Nevada? Traylor at UTSA?
Traylor for sure.

coogrfan

That feeling you get when your team could be undefeated but for a loss to a coach who gets fired in midseason:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
That feeling you get when your team lost to a coach who gets fired in midseason:

giphy.gif
I wonder if TCU pushes through that Gary retirement so they can get Traylor first. Though I think Tech will go with Dykes over Traylor's limited track record.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Late to this but Frost's problem is he tries to be the smartest coach on the field. He doesn't have to be.

When Nebraska plays to their strengths they show real flashes. When they try to run their fancy finesse offense it looks awful because that's just not Martinez's strength. Run the football, be physical and then have Martinez run it a few times or whatever. Stop trying to outsmart everyone.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Firing chip this fast seems silly. Give him a chance

This is his fourth season lol. Mora in his last four seasons won 27 games (28 if you want to give him credit for the win when JEDD was the interim) and that includes his three worst seasons. CHIP has 15 wins so far and no bowl appearances in a worse division and conference than Mora faced. I don't think people understand how dogshit UCLA has been under CHIP, especially considering the incredibly weak Pac. It's very similar to Frost at Nebraska honestly, including the four year starter at QB who seems tailor made for the offense but still inexplicably has not gotten any better. CROOTIN is beyond terrible at a school that's in Los Angeles.

He probably won't be fired this year because as I said before, it's basically impossible for him to miss a bowl game with the remaining schedule (LOLORADO and COMMIEFORNIA still left), but that just means UCLA gets stuck with him and SC finally figures it out and boatraces him next year.

bruin

If CHIP loses to COMMIEFORNIA (which easily could happen considering the game is the week after SC) CHIP should be fired at the postgame PRESSER.

Ander1345

Lovie was 15-34 if you remove 2020. I think Chip is probably 100% safe at 7-5 and probably like 85% safe at 6-6.

Ander1345

Traylor to Tech seems like a no brainer but shitty on Tech for putting it out there when UTSA is 8-0 and playing damn well. Part of me hopes he tell them to fuck off.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I think USC will end up with James Franklin.

Watching Baylor today, I hope LSU ends up with Aranda (and Grimes). I normally wouldn’t read too much into this season, but Aranda carried Coach O’s LSU teams for years. Plus Grimes made Zach Wilson look like a top 2 pick instead of whatever the NYJ are trotting out there.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don’t really know anything about Grimes, but Wilson looked like a top pick because BYU played the softest schedule imaginable last year