• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
TCU should pull the trigger on Jeff Monken.

He's built 3 programs into consistent winners(only knock I would say is level of competition is relative ass, though with Army they play a decent number of P5 or top tier G5)

In a time where conferences are moving and shaking you never know what could happen and he would bring stability and consistency. He also runs the option but said he can implement any offense.

Craig7835

TCU should pull the trigger on Jeff Monken.

He's built 3 programs into consistent winners(only knock I would say is level of competition is relative ass, though with Army they play a decent number of P5 or top tier G5)

In a time where conferences are moving and shaking you never know what could happen and he would bring stability and consistency. He also runs the option but said he can implement any offense.

Doesn't he run the Triple Option? You think the players will want to be a part of that offense?

Ander1345

Doesn't he run the Triple Option? You think the players will want to be a part of that offense?

He's said before(not sure where, just seen it posted before) that he isn't married to running the triple option. Army does line up in the shotgun from time to time and they currently have one of the best passers they've had in a long time in Christian Anderson, with a whopping 405 yards 4TD 0INT.

Brick

remember when CORCH O got hired because he came into the interview with a binder and a plan.

SALESMAN CORCH HAS A PLAN

when people gonna realize SAYING ALL DA RIGHT THINGS in pressers and private convos doesn't translate at all to playing a game with a ball.

Ander1345

Restructured contract likely means extended for a year or two but with the same guaranteed money to stabilize CROOTIN' while not having to payout more in event Frost fails to succeed, and it's not like he's been good enough to have leverage otherwise.

We did the same thing with Lovie(after 63-0) and he was gone two years later, though Lovie made it clear even with the extension recruiting wasn't gonna be a thing. Frost might not have that problem and it works out for both. I still think he needs to simplify the playbook or something.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
remember when CORCH O got hired because he came into the interview with a binder and a plan.

when people gonna realize SAYING ALL DA RIGHT THINGS in pressers and private convos doesn't translate at all to playing a game with a ball.
he doesn't say the right thing in pressers either, the guy constantly puts his foot in his mouth

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?

To be fair, Coach O put together one of the greatest seasons of all time, his fatal flaw was skimping out with the 1-inch binder that only had enough room for 2016-2019.

Brick

Texas Tech doubles down on recruiting
The former Texas high school coach is considered one of the state's best recruiters. Outside of a transitional class in 2020 following Rhule's departure to the Carolina Panthers, Baylor hasn't finished lower than fifth among Big 12 teams on the recruiting trail during McGuire's time in Waco. Conversely, Texas Tech hasn't landed a class that's finished in the top half of the Big 12 since 2015 -- and the two top players in that class transferred before ever contributing. The 2021 Red Raiders recruiting class ranked last in the Big 12.
CUPBOARD BARE
RECRUITS CLICK
CUPBOARD BARE
RECRUITS CLICK

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Texas tech is never going to recruit well. Why are they trying? Leach showed you how to win.

Get a good offense and steal a few good juco guys.

Dr. Shats Basoon

I don't agree with it but I don't hate what Nebraska did after all said and done. Frost agrees to clean house on offense, halve his buyout from $15 million to $7.5 million and take $1 million reduced salary to increase the salary pool for assistants and another circle around the sun. Next step is to cut the cord with Martinez and bring in some assistants. Recruiting will suck this year but they will have a tiny class. 2022's is gonna be brutal if this doesn't work out though. Similar to moves Minnesota and Michigan made with Fleck and Harbaugh, although they showed an ability to win some games first.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He won at UCF, can someone explain why he's now a BUM and Nebraska shouldn't wait for him to get his act together there?

Ander1345

He won at UCF, can someone explain why he's now a BUM and Nebraska shouldn't wait for him to get his act together there?

He had 1 winning season at UCF.

He went from 19-7 or something overall to 34-34.

I think Bert has has more meaningful B1G wins in his first year than Scott Frost has had yet.

Ander1345

Riley left the CUPBOARD BARE

Frost: You should see how Riley left the cupboard.

Riley: You should see how many more games I won than you.

Not a big fan of commenting on previous coaches recruiting efforts. Speaking from experience Lovie had zero recruiting plan and still took in our highest rated recruit in maybe... 6 years???

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
DoQJCfu.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

He is getting consistently shoved into the locker by every other coach in the Big 10 despite a roster that is somewhere in the top 3rd of the conference in talent. He is something like 5-23 in one score games (0-7 this year) which sounds like awful luck but that is kind of a mirage because there are several instances where they technically did have a chance to win in the 4th but practically they were down big and made a late comeback.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He won with Heupel's offense too. Heupel offense travels. He has done it everywhere he has been. He did it at Mizzou, then UCF, and he has UT in the top 20 in offense with like 51 scholarship players. And Hooker is in the top 5 in QB efficiency. Fucking miracle worker.

EDIT
Oh I am an idiot. I thought he was on Frost's staff. Guess not.

Ander1345

He is getting consistently shoved into the locker by every other coach in the Big 10 despite a roster that is somewhere in the top 3rd of the conference in talent. He is something like 5-23 in one score games (0-7 this year) which sounds like awful luck but that is kind of a mirage because there are several instances where they technically did have a chance to win in the 4th but practically they were down big and made a late comeback.

The plan could really work, imo. Defense has been making real strides and if they can find just relative consistency on offense they should be able to make real improvement. Gotta stop putting super raw athletes at QB though.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I think Nebraska should go back to the power running offense. I don't want to come off as Wooly, but that shit was brutal. It will come back en vogue soon enough. Shit is cyclical. The shotgun spread shit will die out soon enough.

Renegade

Charge on!
Frost was the perfect fit for UCF at the time. Despite the winless season in 2015, which was a combination of the shittiest OC in history (Brent Key), major injury issues, kids quitting on tyrant O'Leary, and a very inexperienced coaching staff all-around (everyone knew GOL was close to retiring), there was a good amount of talent that Frost inherited for his first season. Several NFL guys as well as a highly disciplined defense (the one thing O'Leary always did well) with upperclassmen leadership.

So Frost came in and fixed some key issues that had been plaguing UCF for years:

1. The culture - GOL was an old school, Junction Boys type coach. He wasn't fun to play for, even though a lot of former players now say they appreciate how hard ass he was. Frost loosened up the culture and introduced fun all around the program. He gave the program an identity (UCFast) and did a lot of things that made players happier -- GOL didn't even allow music at practice.

2. He updated the offense from a pro-style to an adaptation of the Oregon spread. Less read option but still a lot of stretching the field horizontally. So he got a lot of player buy-in for playing in a fun offense, as well as an offense for which UCF could effectively recruit.

3. He actually recruited. GOL was (in)famous for telling kids that the NFL meant "not for long" and that he was only focused on getting them their degrees. Shockingly enough, great athletes didn't want to come play for that guy. So Frost was able to bring in some playmakers that UCF had largely lacked throughout GOL's tenure minus a few diamonds in the rough here and there like Bortles and Kevin Smith (Brandon Marshall predated GOL).

4. He brought in a big time QB in Milton. With the exception of Bortles, GOL never had a particularly good QB. I hate to see how Milton is playing now at FSU...he is just a shell of his former self. Before the leg injury, no one was better at making the quick read, an accurate throw, and extending plays. Perfect QB for the spread offense. I don't watch many Nebraska games, but what I have watched, it looks like he doesn't have a QB. I don't understand why he hasn't been able to move on from Martinez in 4 years.

One concern that was raised about Frost is that he's too much of a player's coach. Basically sees himself as everyone's big brother and would party with the players. Makes it hard to build a disciplined roster, and UCF did have some discipline issues that Heupel had to deal with from Frost recruits. I wonder how much that is an issue in building a Nebraska team that is disciplined enough and mentally tough enough to win the close games they're losing right now.

Last edited:

Ander1345

I hate that "Players not plays" bullshit. Like it absolved anyone from having have an actual playcall sheet.

Probably why he hasn't been able to move on from Martinez, an excellent athlete otherwise.

Dr. Shats Basoon

I think Nebraska should go back to the power running offense. I don't want to come off as Wooly, but that shit was brutal. It will come back en vogue soon enough. Shit is cyclical. The shotgun spread shit will die out soon enough.

I think Frost realized a couple years in it wasn't going to work as a spread team because they have switched up their recruiting strategy a little bit on offense. Before they were after speedy athletic guys they could bulk up, now they are emphasizing power and the QB recruits are more protypical.

The plan could really work, imo. Defense has been making real strides and if they can find just relative consistency on offense they should be able to make real improvement. Gotta stop putting super raw athletes at QB though.

Yeah it could. The defense is losing some super seniors but otherwise they should have some decent players waiting in the wings to take over. The offense only loses one player on the 2-deep, unless Austin Allen goes pro or Martinez moves on. Find a average kicker that can hit 2/3 and they could win 8 games or so

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Well, I'll give UConn some credit for managing to hire someone with some credibility. Honestly shocked that they managed to get anyone other than a mid-level coordinator to take the job. Makes a lot of sense for where they are as a program to bring in a recognized name to try to rejuvenate fan/booster interest.