• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It's hard to believe he's gone.

I was trying to explain last night to my wife why this was making me so sad & struggled. There was just so much to say, but to a non-sports person I settled on how different he was than all these other corches- especially 20+ years ago when he comes onto the scene. Saying that it's not just about football, but who he was outside the game, that he's the complete anti-Ferentz (who she can't stand and sees as the charisma-less donk that he is) seemed to click, then we watched a bunch of youtubes and... damn, I miss him so much.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Colorado had him as their second choice over more qualified candidates because of the staff options he gave them.

Purdue could do a lot worse.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

what-did-i-do-what-the-fuck-did-i-do.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My own father passed in a very similar fashion to Leach, so the parallels make it hard for me to even process this. Leach had the best soundbites and made college football FUN, and it seemed like MSU was starting to really hit a stride in becoming a big SEC threat, which was awesome to see.

Loved reading some of the other eulogies you guys wrote. There may never be another Mike Leach (other than our own NML) but I hope we can one day see more coaches follow in his footsteps.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Colorado had him as their second choice over more qualified candidates because of the staff options he gave them.

Purdue could do a lot worse.
I'd say it is a pretty good hire, good recruiter and has developed a defense that can win in the big Ten. I'm curious how it will work hiring a DC at Purdue seems to have more of an offense first identity. At any rate I'm glad he is leaving Illinois even if it is for an division foe. Their defense was pretty stiff this year.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I'd say it is a pretty good hire, good recruiter and has developed a defense that can win in the big Ten. I'm curious how it will work hiring a DC at Purdue seems to have more of an offense first identity. At any rate I'm glad he is leaving Illinois even if it is for an division foe. Their defense was pretty stiff this year.

I think Bielema will call Leonhard(who I fully believe is the Packer's next DC), and Leonhard will entertain the thought... but I fully believe Kevin Kane is the next DC and he will be great though I will not compare his defense to this year's which was just insane.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
After thinking about and being SAD for the family and friends that actually knew him, I selfishly think about what could have been had he actually retired in a month. Imagine if he had taken Corso's spot on gameday. We could have seen him be asked about Nick Saban and Leach pull from his book on Geronimo's leadership strategies to draw parallels. Or instead of talking about Heupel's offense conventionally he uses some weird math formula to explain how good they are at distributing the ball. Or maybe he gets his own show where he can just wax poetic about whatever topic he had on his mind that day. If we are honest he would have done that on gameday anyway despite the format.

I just assumed we'd get to hear a lot more of him, I didn't even really know he had health problems outside of that cough he had developed. He was just so unique that he deserved more time.